Rankings For Week of 9/8-9/14

mjuhb

Nice score ND, what do they teach you in school? Beat down a team that is starting up?

I think is says, "Did we loose focus against Soddy Daisy, and this is what we meant to say". It just shows how much talent and depth they have. Probably the bus driver scored from the parking lot, and it was an accident. No disrespect intended, just a pent up team needing to get "GAME" and get back on the road toward their destiny. You know exactly! You know how it tastes and feels and don't act like you don't love the smell of victory. ( and we lost tonight for the first time in 5 years to a local team) So don't. This new taste is not easy on the pallet, but there will be more games to cleanse the foul taste. (We can only hope)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh stop. Getting your butt handed to you is the best way to learn how to do something better. I'm sure things were made more difficult for the Irish to score (self imposed) but not staying within the flow of the game is stupid. And I'm sure the reserves were playing plenty. But Signal is no slouch. They will be very very competitive by the end of this year and especially next.

Don't start me up. Regardless of any ones feeble excuses, there is no place for this in soccer.

You want to start a thread for this, go ahead. Botom line, poor sportsmanship.

Yes.... it is a very nice thing to hear! However, I thought that both teams played an awesome game...moving the ball well and each having plenty of opportunities but with both teams also playing well defensively. It was truly exciting to watch.

Was the ECS/SBA game as close as the score suggests?

I also saw on Eurosport that Collierville beat Germantown with a score of 2 to 0.

Not at the ECS/SBA game, but my expert reporter said it was a great, hard fought game that could have been a draw or even a SBA win.

Don't start me up. Regardless of any ones feeble excuses, there is no place for this in soccer.

if you're right in front of the goal with the ball, you can't exactly turn around and run back to half-field and start over. the goals made after the "lets work on possession-only shoot outside the 18" talk were unavoidable ones or a mistake by the goalie (went through her legs, etc.) signal played hard and many of the players from both teams were on the field chatting afterwards. with the memphis tourney this weekend, nd couldnt exactly sit back and get lazy.

Final

CAK 4

Farragut 0

Way to go CAK! I think that might be the first time ever (or at least for as long as I have been around).

As an avid reader of these posts, I finally had to register after this game and comment on the sportsmanship a couple of the CAK girls showed this evening; #4 and the goalie. As a Farragut parent, we're obviously disappointed about the results, especially after seeing Farragut pretty much control play in the first 15-20 minutes (but not generating any opportunites). Maybe it took CAK that long to get warmed up, but they certainly took advantage of their opportunities...4-0

My daughter is one of the Admiral girls who was injured today (2nd half third goal). Left foot got tangled up in a scramble in the box and got kicked. As she was helped off the field, it did not look good as she was dragging foot with no attempt to bear any weight. Top of foot is bruised, and pain has subsided considerably since the game. Will go for xrays to confirm no break.

Anyways, after the game, the two CAK girls went out of their way to stop by, as we were still with the trainer on the sidelines outside the 18, to check up on my daughter and express their concern. A real class move which really touched my daughter, as she commented on how nice it was of them to do so.

Losing is pretty tough and difficult to get over, but actions exhibited by these two young ladies made is less bitter.

I could not agree with you more. Just no excuse for it....even though you hear them each year. There are some exceptional soccer teams that could do this and just refuse to....it can be done and is proven to be done. But the good news for Signal Mountain is you will be there one day and probably sooner than later. I believe this will be great locker room material for them in the near future.

if you're right in front of the goal with the ball, you can't exactly turn around and run back to half-field and start over. the goals made after the "lets work on possession-only shoot outside the 18" talk were unavoidable ones or a mistake by the goalie (went through her legs, etc.) signal played hard and many of the players from both teams were on the field chatting afterwards. with the memphis tourney this weekend, nd couldnt exactly sit back and get lazy.

Yes you can. . . and it has been done by good teams

Anyways, after the game, the two CAK girls went out of their way to stop by, as we were still with the trainer on the sidelines outside the 18, to check up on my daughter and express their concern. A real class move which really touched my daughter, as she commented on how nice it was of them to do so.

Losing is pretty tough and difficult to get over, but actions exhibited by these two young ladies made is less bitter.

Always nice to hear these stories. Thanks for sharing... Big G has to be proud!

As an avid reader of these posts, I finally had to register after this game and comment on the sportsmanship a couple of the CAK girls showed this evening; #4 and the goalie. As a Farragut parent, we're obviously disappointed about the results, especially after seeing Farragut pretty much control play in the first 15-20 minutes (but not generating any opportunites). Maybe it took CAK that long to get warmed up, but they certainly took advantage of their opportunities...4-0

My daughter is one of the Admiral girls who was injured today (2nd half third goal). Left foot got tangled up in a scramble in the box and got kicked. As she was helped off the field, it did not look good as she was dragging foot with no attempt to bear any weight. Top of foot is bruised, and pain has subsided considerably since the game. Will go for xrays to confirm no break.

This is certainly a good story worth sharing. Let's hope your daughter's injury is not serious and that she'll be back out there soon.