Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

Yep and that's because the QB is struggling and they have no passing game because of that so Benny is trying to dial up some new schemes. Goes hand in hand.

As for the receiver that was "starting" last year thats funny because you weren't. But I agree Monroe is a good coach... but there are better options at QB surely - if not.. nothing you can do.. he's pulling out just about everything.

Brady gets as much recruiting mail as Jacquez and was an official visitor at Auburn this Saturday as they are recruiting him hard. Bennie said last year he has the potential to be the best he has ever coached. Stump rated him one of the top juniors in the state. These are all facts not opinions....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady gets as much recruiting mail as Jacquez and was an official visitor at Auburn this Saturday as they are recruiting him hard. Bennie said last year he has the potential to be the best he has ever coached. Stump rated him one of the top juniors in the state. These are all facts not opinions....

HAHAHA - thanks for the early in the morning laugh. The only reason he took a visit to UTK during the Florida game is because he Jacquez was allowed to bring a friend - as for Auburn.. I'm sure it's for academics - seriously that statement cracks me up - Stump on Sports.. I mean really STUMP?! Don't give me crap like he gets as much recruiting mail as Jacquez - Jacquez has a shot to be the #1 prospect in Tennessee next year... if Jeremy Woods (5x the QB Reed is atm) can only get on at TTU then Reed isn't going anywhere to play the QB position atleast.

Reed does he a lot of the tools - mobility/size/arm strength... but it doesn't make a difference if you can't either throw the ball well or read defenses (im not sure which is the case with him right now). Sounds like this is Brady's mom/dad/relative/friend talkin here... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No wonder you're so quick to defend Reed and criticize Monroe.

I have just a few of questions? 1. Has Monroe run these types of plays all season. If so, these fans that are doing all the complaining about him still picked Maplewood to lose. Some picked them to lose by 20 or more points. 2. Why has there not been a whole lot said on how good Maplewood played. They still have alot of room for improvement.3. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the game wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed.Maplewood had a touchdown called back, Maplewood fumbled twice on potential scoring drives. One of these unforced, the other one the guy was just fighting for extra yardage and the ball came out. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that Maplewood only completed one pass and still won the game. The kids at Maplewood won because they were well prepared and they played off pure emotions------The controversal call in the game last year(which was the right call I must say, just handled unprofessionally by the officals, because there is no instant replay in High School Football) and the predictions that the owl fans made. I'm going to conclude with saying that your coach didn't lose the game,your quarterback didn't lose the game. YOUR TEAM LOST THE GAME.

We had a good qb but once again if youre not a chosen one you dont get any playin time. the back-up qb last year brentley would have been a great asset.but you guys need to get off of reed he is playing qb because monroe chose him, we would all take it even if we couldndt perform. brady quit bringing youre letters to school showing everyone and worry more about what youre doing this year. the game is over lets move on, but before we do #36 smith awesome catch. #38 burrows big hits everygame, should be playin more on defense, #67 smith this guy unreal speed #21 zarzour great reciever lot of heart

It's official. I always thought so but this thread proves it. Ooltewah has the whiniest, most negative fan base in the Chattcity area--perhaps in the state. At the beginning of the year, Bennie is a genius, Best coach ever. Now, after one loss, on the road, to the state runner up last year, the gamer has [assed him by. How many of you guys see practice every day? How many of you see these kids practice everyday. These kids bust their butts all week working for the fun of Friday night football and you idiots ruin it for them. ITS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!! It's not your life--leave it for the kidsand the coaches.

Good luck to the Owl players and coaches the rest of the year. Unfortunately, you now know what part of your fan base is like--win in spite of them.

Hold on 1 minute,I think the Rhea County fan base may have these guys beat not saying all of them but just checkout some of their post.

Time to move on to next weeks game! Maplewood is in the past. Bradley is up next, they are much improved from last year. We are their homecoming opponent again.

It's nice to see an Owl fan with common sense , seems to be a rarity right now . Where has Imaowl been lately ? SergeantOwl22 shows some class too , along with a few others , but what in the world is up with so many of your fans attacking the team and the coach ? Most of the fans seem to be 100% behind the Owls ... Win or WIN !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm just curious about some of you doing all the criticizing , just how many State Championship teams have you all been on , or coached ? I'm pretty sure that I'm right when I say that none of you Internet coaching genius's have ever coached a state Champion , or even been close to playing in one . Bennie Monroe Is a champion , he's been there , done that , you guys are very fortunate to have him , and from the sounds of it , you all are fortunate to have a really good team this year . Even worse than bashing a multi State winning coach though , Is the singling out and bashing of your own players . I'm sure those young men are giving 100% , and unlike some of you Internet coaching genius's they are out there every day busting their butt , trying to get better , yet they come on here and see their own fans talking them down like a dog . Even if you are a former player for the Owls , what gives you the right to bash them ... your team never won them all , did you !? Ya , I expect to be told it's none of my business , and called a few names , because I've seen that's what some of you clowns do when somebody tries to talk sense to you , but I could care less what you guys think .

One loss to the 4A State runner up last year has not affected your team's regional ranking at all , and sometimes a loss Is the best thing for a team to improve . If you guys really care about your team and want what's best for them , maybe a little positive reinforcement would help some of these players who are struggling . I'm sure that some of these players are probably just needing a little confidence in their self , and maybe it would help their confidence a lot more if they saw their fans rallying behind them and believing in them , instead of bashing them .

Just my 2 cents , you can take it or leave it , I could really care less , I'm just saying something because I can't stand to see fans who sit on their butt behind a computer badmouthing a teenage boy who I'm sure is giving 100% , and deserves a lot better than what some of you guys are giving .

It's nice to see an Owl fan with common sense , seems to be a rarity right now . Where has Imaowl been lately ? SergeantOwl22 shows some class too , along with a few others , but what in the world is up with so many of your fans attacking the team and the coach ? Most of the fans seem to be 100% behind the Owls ... Win or WIN !!

I'm just curious about some of you doing all the criticizing , just how many State Championship teams have you all been on , or coached ? I'm pretty sure that I'm right when I say that none of you Internet coaching genius's have ever coached a state Champion , or even been close to playing in one . Bennie Monroe Is a champion , he's been there , done that , you guys are very fortunate to have him , and from the sounds of it , you all are fortunate to have a really good team this year . Even worse than bashing a multi State winning coach though , Is the singling out and bashing of your own players . I'm sure those young men are giving 100% , and unlike some of you Internet coaching genius's they are out there every day busting their butt , trying to get better , yet they come on here and see their own fans talking them down like a dog . Even if you are a former player for the Owls , what gives you the right to bash them ... your team never won them all , did you !? Ya , I expect to be told it's none of my business , and called a few names , because I've seen that's what some of you clowns do when somebody tries to talk sense to you , but I could care less what you guys think .

One loss to the 4A State runner up last year has not affected your team's regional ranking at all , and sometimes a loss Is the best thing for a team to improve . If you guys really care about your team and want what's best for them , maybe a little positive reinforcement would help some of these players who are struggling . I'm sure that some of these players are probably just needing a little confidence in their self , and maybe it would help their confidence a lot more if they saw their fans rallying behind them and believing in them , instead of bashing them .

Just my 2 cents , you can take it or leave it , I could really care less , I'm just saying something because I can't stand to see fans who sit on their butt behind a computer badmouthing a teenage boy who I'm sure is giving 100% , and deserves a lot better than what some of you guys are giving .

Great post brother, you tell'em! Frankly, I think Ooltewah will not get past Farragut this year regular season or the play-offs. Both games will be huge but play-off experience is something in HS that is greatly over looked.

It's nice to see an Owl fan with common sense , seems to be a rarity right now . Where has Imaowl been lately ? SergeantOwl22 shows some class too , along with a few others , but what in the world is up with so many of your fans attacking the team and the coach ? Most of the fans seem to be 100% behind the Owls ... Win or WIN !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For two days, I've read all these posts trying to decide what I wanted to say....intelligently. You've summed it up for me in a nutshell. I don;t know who you are, but THANK YOU for pointing out the obvious. FANS can disagree with the coach, the plays, whatever, but to turn on both coaches and players after one game is disgusting in my book. OWLS did not play well....enough said...learn from the mistakes. Some of you bad mouthers will also be the first ones to pat Benny or Brady on the back when we win games. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

As for this owl fan, I can only say keep working hard boys. It was a bad game, move on to the next opponent. I for one am ashamed of some of our "so called" fans! But as some have noted, its a free world and they can have their own opinion.

MAPLEWOOD: GREAT JOB! You came out and executed and capitolized on our mistakes. That is what football is all about. The fans, players, workers, and everyone I came in contact with could not have been nicer, and I for one would make that long drive again anytime. Thank you for your hospitality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For two days, I've read all these posts trying to decide what I wanted to say....intelligently. You've summed it up for me in a nutshell. I don;t know who you are, but THANK YOU for pointing out the obvious. FANS can disagree with the coach, the plays, whatever, but to turn on both coaches and players after one game is disgusting in my book. OWLS did not play well....enough said...learn from the mistakes. Some of you bad mouthers will also be the first ones to pat Benny or Brady on the back when we win games. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

As for this owl fan, I can only say keep working hard boys. It was a bad game, move on to the next opponent. I for one am ashamed of some of our "so called" fans! But as some have noted, its a free world and they can have their own opinion.

MAPLEWOOD: GREAT JOB! You came out and executed and capitolized on our mistakes. That is what football is all about. The fans, players, workers, and everyone I came in contact with could not have been nicer, and I for one would make that long drive again anytime. Thank you for your hospitality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You definitely are not one of those fans I was addressing , and I'm sorry I couldn't remember your name along with some others . I wish the Owls luck for the rest of the year , and wherever ImaOWL is , you need to get back here and straighten some of these guys out ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look I think everybody that is saying Bennie is horrible but they are really trying to say he is not a great offense of coordinator. If you watch the game on wazoosports.com you will see most of the time the receivers are wide open for slants or any other short route.....Maple wood scouted us very well...They knew if all we can do is run the ball and through bombs then why not have one safety and play the db's 10 yards off....What got me going to most was in the 3rd or 4th we ran a wing t against a defense that already loaded the box with monsters....When J. Woods was qb he looked at the defense and changed the play....oh how many times did you see him run back and fourth to the side lines for plays...This has been being built up on a lots of peoples hearts for the last couple of games... I hope our defense can keep playing GREAT because we are going to need help.....

Go Owls whoop Bradley

Owlfanatic

As usual you represent your teams fan base well.. Sorry for the loss... We had a great run last year but this year has been very tough on us as you know. I say that to say this... When everthing is going well alot of so called "fans" beat their keyboards to death on the threads. I'm glad they are there as it keeps things interesting... Alot of fans will turn on their team or coaches after a bad game but usually its because they frustrated and dissapointed.. I"ll get off the soap box with this statement.... Everyone needs to remember that the kids do read what we write and we as adults need to "think" before we post.. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. Keep the faith for the Owls. I'll keep my pom-poms waving for the GOVS...

tpoole12

To all my other owl friends that I didn't address directly... Sorry about the loss... I was pulling for you...