Smith Co. vs Macon Co. 9/26/08

rockytoptn1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I here they changed the batteries from Rayovac to Duracells /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Where's Kermite /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> You guys lost again last week (I predicted that you know). New prediction, you lose again. Good luck to you cookie anf the MC tigers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh yell, Kermites a LOSER /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

First 3 games was playing actually nobodies, and winning seem to come so easy for them. Then once they come upon teams that are 2nd or 3rd round playoff contenters, and maybe even a 1A state champion calibur team, they fold like a lawn chair. Where has all the SCP gone to? I haven't missed a S/C game in the past 10 years so I can honestly ask, Coaches, Players, and FANS especially US Fans, where is the fire. Intimdation thats all I see the last two games from S/C! You young men getting intimdated, by T/C,they brought it to you and you found a corner and stayed there, then those dirty dragons show up and make fun of you and even tossing the ball to one of our players after catching a punt. Whats up with letting other teams push you around? And yea #27 you showed a response to one of the players from York but you have to remember its always the 2nd punch that gets the flag. Use your head, THERE will be another play, payback is a monster. I'm not saying snoop to Yorks level of dirty play, but play until the whistle blows. I have never coached a team, so I am stepping out of my element here. I believe that S/C has some the best, caring, and knowledgeable coaches in the business, but for some reason it seems to totally collapes when we get in a big game. All you need is 2 or 3 coaches doing the yelling NOT 10 or 12. In all I believe that WE the fans have been one of the biggest let downs for the Owls. Its very easy to do just what I am doing now and thats point out the coaches and teams problems, but how about our crowd get involved, if you have a voice do some yelling, support the Owls with VOLUME of noise. It seems as if we are attending a funeral at times. This Owl team isn't dead or even out of playoff picture, if we can convince these young men we believe in them, then they will regain the confindence and get back to winning. I said that I have not missed a Owl game in 10 years, thats on the road and at home. I have been a supporter for 20 years, not ONE of those years did I ever have a kid on the football team. But I really enjoy H/S football, and knowing some of those young men in all those years has been great. So S/C get that fire back, come prepared to yell for the Owls. And you young men get that SCP and play like you are taught to play. Good Luck this Friday Night. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> P.S I have played the game for 4 years and loved every minute of it. I hope that if you are a player that you are having fun!

Lafayette usually beats themselves. When you get anywhere near the endzone (anywhere inside the 15 yd. line), they choke. Bobbled passes, fumbles, lots of misdirection. I believe the intimidation of it just being Smith County will be enough to defeat MCHS. If the Owls say, "Boo"' they're shook. Love to see a well-played and well-officiated game in the Hole. By the way, is parking any better over there?

Lafayette usually beats themselves. When you get anywhere near the endzone (anywhere inside the 15 yd. line), they choke. Bobbled passes, fumbles, lots of misdirection. I believe the intimidation of it just being Smith County will be enough to defeat MCHS. If the Owls say, "Boo"' they're shook. Love to see a well-played and well-officiated game in the Hole. By the way, is parking any better over there?

Parking is just fine...if you get there at 5:00...

First 3 games was playing actually nobodies, and winning seem to come so easy for them. Then once they come upon teams that are 2nd or 3rd round playoff contenters, and maybe even a 1A state champion calibur team, they fold like a lawn chair. Where has all the SCP gone to? I haven't missed a S/C game in the past 10 years so I can honestly ask, Coaches, Players, and FANS especially US Fans, where is the fire. Intimdation thats all I see the last two games from S/C! You young men getting intimdated, by T/C,they brought it to you and you found a corner and stayed there, then those dirty dragons show up and make fun of you and even tossing the ball to one of our players after catching a punt. Whats up with letting other teams push you around? And yea #27 you showed a response to one of the players from York but you have to remember its always the 2nd punch that gets the flag. Use your head, THERE will be another play, payback is a monster. I'm not saying snoop to Yorks level of dirty play, but play until the whistle blows. I have never coached a team, so I am stepping out of my element here. I believe that S/C has some the best, caring, and knowledgeable coaches in the business, but for some reason it seems to totally collapes when we get in a big game. All you need is 2 or 3 coaches doing the yelling NOT 10 or 12. In all I believe that WE the fans have been one of the biggest let downs for the Owls. Its very easy to do just what I am doing now and thats point out the coaches and teams problems, but how about our crowd get involved, if you have a voice do some yelling, support the Owls with VOLUME of noise. It seems as if we are attending a funeral at times. This Owl team isn't dead or even out of playoff picture, if we can convince these young men we believe in them, then they will regain the confindence and get back to winning. I said that I have not missed a Owl game in 10 years, thats on the road and at home. I have been a supporter for 20 years, not ONE of those years did I ever have a kid on the football team. But I really enjoy H/S football, and knowing some of those young men in all those years has been great. So S/C get that fire back, come prepared to yell for the Owls. And you young men get that SCP and play like you are taught to play. Good Luck this Friday Night. P.S I have played the game for 4 years and loved every minute of it. I hope that if you are a player that you are having fun!

If this guy's profile said he was from Macon.................this would have to qualify as coach bashing?????

If this guy's profile said he was from Macon.................this would have to qualify as coach bashing?????

I don't think so. I agree with what he said about the crowd. The silence gives those boys the impression that they've let us (the crowd) down. In truth, Birdlover is right. We let them down. We all need to do a better job of vocalizing our support. Those players and coaches put blood, sweat, and tears into the program. They need to hear and see how much we appreciate them. Mistakes are made, games are lost, but that's football....that's life. We're all still proud to be Owl fans....still proud of the program...and most importantly the players.

Parking is just fine...if you get there at 5:00...

Oh mrs. queenie I need a favor from you, and it is a favor for a friend of mine and would love your email address or something.

thanks

love me

your favorite of the bunch /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This should be a good game. Smith Co is rebounding from back to back losses, and Macon Co has some things to build on in their offense from the last game. But I give the nod to SC, I think they have something to prove to themselves this week and it's down in the hole.

Smith Co- 31

Macon Co- 21

Chin up SC fans. Sometimes early losses, while frustrating, can be beneficial in defining the character of a team that will show itself later in the season.

Wow your some Macon County fan. Maybe being intimidated was just your thing when you use to play the game, if you even got to play a snap. I have seen Macon play three games and I got to watch Smith play Trousdale. There is nothing to be intimidated about Smith County. I have heard that this is one of the best Carthage teams and by watching them play I would have to disagree. They have a good QB but there receivers drop alot of balls. There RB runs hard for his size. I see this game being close. This use to be a rival and I hope that it continues to be.