Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osunut,

Good point. If we were 4-2 instead of 2-4 the questions wouldn't be asked on what going wrong. How long are we going to feel sorry for ourselves for injuries and other uncontrollable issues that are similar to other programs. Clinton for instance loses there main runningback Hazelhurst and you don't hear them all doom & gloom did we even have a Hazelhurst type player lost? No there is more to it than that. But we need to move forward instead of looking back. We have tremendous talent and experience thats healthy lets start utilizing what we have available and play some Red Devil football. Let the season start now.

RedDevilfever,

The early years of Coach Sheppard were some of the most exciting Halls offenses I've ever seen. I thought I briefly went back in time watching last years version in the West and Maryville games it kinda wet my lips for what we can become if we are unchained. 33-12 says it all. To arrive there again I guarantee we have to be more balanced.

Actually, I figured everyone stopped complaining because they are actually winning now, which makes sense.

yeah, that's probably half right! the other reason is people just gave up! I tried not to complain, just follow the team and keep trusting! I havent missed a game in I dont know how long! and it has finally paid off!

yeah, that's probably half right! the other reason is people just gave up! I tried not to complain, just follow the team and keep trusting! I havent missed a game in I dont know how long! and it has finally paid off!

Now Coon, you have a very bad memory. I've been reading the boards on all the 3-4A teams for years now and there was always more drama on your boards in years past than in a room full of cheerleading moms.

Of course, it's correct that there's a lot of criticism when you're not winning. Halls hasn't won the games they should have this year and many of the posters on here are, I think, trying to get a message to the coaches. The problems (at least the ones not involving injury) are easily fixable. The RBs are indeed taught to do the LDLDL -- I've talked to them. In a wing T, that's crazy. They've got to hit the hole as quickly as possible after staying tightly behind the linemen. Otherwise, the wing T loses its advantage. Playcalling has also been a problem.

With that said, the defense has been easily good enough to win if the offense could generate a little more production. The only exception was West, but I attribute that to the failure of Coach J to adjust by using 5 down lineman OR at least blitzing a bunch. The LBs blitzed once that game. The splits were just too wide for us to go out too and expect to stop West's offense without making at least one of those adjustments.

I hope the Dragons are underestimating Halls because things will, I firmly believe, come together this week. We're much healthier now than at any time all season, including the Maryville game. We also should match up well with Clinton and our line should control both sides of the ball. Stone, of course, is worrisome because he's a dual threat. I obviously didn't see the OR game but the backup RB is apparently pretty good.

Anyhow, let's do like ZCAR said and not write off the season at this point. I think the boys will show well vs Clinton and hopefully the coaches are reading this board and will at least think about the things that are said. I know a couple of the posters who make comments and can tell you that they are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the game and the coaches should consider their wisdom.

If the offense begins to click, Waggoner gets the ball more especially late in the game, and the staff finds a way to get the ball in Gresham's hands a few times, then watch out.

RedDevilfever,

The early years of Coach Sheppard were some of the most exciting Halls offenses I've ever seen. I thought I briefly went back in time watching last years version in the West and Maryville games it kinda wet my lips for what we can become if we are unchained. 33-12 says it all. To arrive there again I guarantee we have to be more balanced.

zcar, we have to be patient as that time will come again sooner rather than later. There are some good athletes here at Halls and this program is getting better by the day. This has been a rough season and it is mostly due to injuries and health issues. There is no reason to think that Halls can't run the table the rest of the way and make it to the playoffs. And we all know anything can happen in the playoffs. Halls fans need to get off the fence and quit acting like they know everything that should be done and start supporting this team and coaching staff. GO BIG RED!!!!

People didn't give up just moved on. I do have to say coon you have been the biggest supporter. Are you the coaches mom?

It seems like the silliness is finally calming down. I think some people, especially the "johnny-come-latelys" that have suddenly appeared with an axe to grind and with a personal agenda, should be ignored. When things don't go right, there are always those who thinks they know how to fix it better than those in charge. However, we all have opinions and ideas and that is why these boards exist.

In my opinion the lack of success this year is not due to the coaching staff. The new OC was the RB coach last year and we were fine. The new RB coach was the Freshmen coach in the past and experienced tons of success at that level. The players appear to be playing hard and with plenty of intensity. When you assess the injuries and illnesses this team has been experiencing since the first week of 2 a days, no one should question why they have struggled in the win department. I would love to have seen them with #10 against Maryville and SC. I would have loved to have seen our line stay healthy throughout the season. It was well known that depth was not this teams strong point. And still everyone seems surprised or angry that they have lost 4 close games. And yes, I think the Maryville game was closer than the final score might suggest. The other losses have all been by less than one score. I think the coaches and players would agree that Halls should have won those games. But I also think the other teams would say the same thing if they would have lost those games. That's my two cents. And I don't think the season is over yet. It will take some soul searching and staying healthy, but we can still have a great season. But win or not Friday, I will still be pulling for the Big Red.

Players...

Good luck tonight in this regional showdown with Clinton. I assure you there are many supporters, three or four message board posters are not the way most of us feel. Clinton will find out tonight that the there is still a lot of bite left in these dogs! Watch out Dragons because it all comes together tonight healthy players a few adjustment Devils come out of this one on top tonight.