WHY THE HATE?

AttenCHUN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Post PB And J. I was about to post some of Hamptons past scores as well. Hampton has beat teams the past 3 years just as bad as Grace has this year. So can't really say Hampton never blew anyone out. Point spread is about the same.

Hampton has done that with 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers in the game usually before the half. Grace is trying to get players names at the top of the prepxtra stats (helps DRAW athletes to their school when they see that) Their starters have rarely left the field this year and they are winning by an average of 40-50 points.

Hampton has done that with 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers in the game usually before the half. Grace is trying to get players names at the top of the prepxtra stats (helps DRAW athletes to their school when they see that) Their starters have rarely left the field this year and they are winning by an average of 40-50 points.

I wasn't aware that it wasn't considered a blow out if 2nd and 3rd string was in. I mean I guess that makes it ok to put up large amounts of points if 3rd string is in..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And looking at some of the past threads it looks like they were putting other players in. Boyd got beat 95-3. I think linemen were running kicks b ack if i remember it seemed like. I saw the tape. Does that make the score ok? Since they put everybody and there waterboy in?

Good Post PB And J. I was about to post some of Hamptons past scores as well. Hampton has beat teams the past 3 years just as bad as Grace has this year. So can't really say Hampton never blew anyone out. Point spread is about the same.

Reacton, you and I both know its different, I saw Hampton pull the starters against Grace with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

Don't grandstand ...

Hampton 43 - Jellico 13

Hampton 43 - Johnson Co 24

Hampton 45 - Jellico 0

Hampton 47 - West Greene 20

Hampton 40 - Unaka 0

Hampton 47 - Happy Valley 20

Hampton 48 - Cloudland 13

Hampton 42 - Midway 14

And two Grace Christian examples in the last three games with them...

2006 - Hampton 46 - Grace 6

2005 - Hampton 61 - Grace 14

It seems to me that there is some jealousy here. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The Hamptons of the world don't want to get beat, let alone beat badly, by a team they've womped for years. No one had a problem with Grace when they were everyone's homecoming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you were at these games and knew what was going on ,you would understand a little better, JC Campbell pulls his starters quicker than any coach that I've ever been around. . He plays it a little differently in the playoffs.

Reacton, you and I both know its different, I saw Hampton pull the starters against Grace with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

Out of curiousity, how many players does Grace have ya think Pujo? I respect your opinion more in this issue than anyone else really, siince I've known ya on the threads a while. I just think some people need to pick, do they not like privates, or for this issue, Grace b/c they think they recruit, or cause they think they so called "run up the score"I mean its getting borderline retarded now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you were at these games and knew what was going on ,you would understand a little better, JC Campbell pulls his starters quicker than any coach that I've ever been around. . He plays it a little differently in the playoffs.

Pujo, you know as well as I do, some of these people will never get it. JC Campbell is a class act. He's been on the receiving end of his share of blowouts, so he knows what it's like. He also knows he has to build depth, and the only way to do that is get those second and third string guys in a game for some playing time. The past three years, he's had the luxury of all sorts of talent, getting big leads, then getting those young guys in there. That's the right way to do things. Some coaches, however, know only to blow teams out to make their guys look good. They'll keep those starters in as long as possible, send that score right through the roof, and show how little class they really have. As for the "why does everyone hate Grace Christian now that we're good?" question, we fans of public schools have had private schools crammed down our throats come play-off time for years. They operate under a completely diferent set of rules regarding transfers, eligibility, etc. That explains how they can build a powerhouse team in any sport in an extremely short amount of time. The public schools tend to go in cycles in terms of winning and losing seasons, as they have to rely on the kids in their drawing area, and transfers have to sit out a certain amount of time. Also, some of the most arrogant, pompous, foul-mouthed fans I have ever seen have been associated with private Christian schools. I thought the main purpose in sending your kids to a Christian school was to have them learn a Christian way of thinking. Apparently some people must not have gotten that memo. I will always have a bias against private schools for that main reason. They want theirs to stay away from the "bad" public scools, because they corrupt the morals that they as Christians want to instill, but they want them to win every trophy the publics have. As they say, they want to have their cake and eat it too. Until the T$$AA puts ALL private schools in their own separate division, and the public schools can fairly compete with schools that operate under the same rules as they do, we will have this problem.

I dont understand, if grace gets good, why does every1 start hatin us? Just want to know why

Because you all stink! Your cocky, you play nobody and you couldn't win a game in our region!!!!!!!! Play teams like Harriman, Oneida, Greenback, and Midway! You all can't wipe the dust off our regions cleats! Coalfield is the worst team in our district and you all played them close!! Some good team you are! HAHA not!!!

Out of curiousity, how many players does Grace have ya think Pujo? I respect your opinion more in this issue than anyone else really, siince I've known ya on the threads a while. I just think some people need to pick, do they not like privates, or for this issue, Grace b/c they think they recruit, or cause they think they so called "run up the score"I mean its getting borderline retarded now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Reaction .I just tell it like I see it, Grace has I think 49 kids on their roster.They are going out of their way to get transfers,doing a pretty good job of it. Its not like they are a great team yet, but they have the fullest intentions of getting that way. They are even hiring people to get the kids. Taking alot of shortcuts. As far as the kids at Grace, I'm sure they are fine kids. Idon't even have a problem with people putting their kids in private schools. I'm sure its for the best in alot of cases.Their is a difference in just taking the kids who walk threw the doors and going out and hunting them down. Its pretty obvious that the administration at Grace is working hard to build up their atheletic programs. Its a big drawing cark. Knoxville is a great place to build success. It don't exactly look like Jellico.

Harriman has a lot of room to talk. You alreday have lost two games and couldn't even beat Greenback that hasn't made the playoffs in forever. I hope we get to play you all in the playoffs if you all are the #4 team.

Your an idiot ......Greenback is a great team this year and they are full of Tradition with a state title to their name under your former coach who left cause he didn't like having to recruit players. what will it take for you to understand that you have played 4 of the worst teams in the state or you guys would not be undefeated.