William Blount @ Farragut

CU06

Proud of the Govs ... they played a good ball game. For whoever said WB qb was terrible ... not sure you watched the same game. Sophomore Zach Witt...in his first start ... had a great game. He made a couple of bad throws but that's to be expected. Overall, he had a good night throwing and running.

I believe Farragut is overated as the #1 team in the state 5A. No question they're a good, play-off bound team but they are at best the 3rd best team the Gov's have played this year. I would rate Maryville as the best we've played; Kingsport 2nd; and Farragut and Ooltewah at 3rd just a shade above Soddy Daisy. Now before I get totally ridiculed by the Farragut folks, it's not always a valid comparison to use comparative games ... but at the same time, if you're ranked #1 in the state, you don't have to battle back against a winless, young, injury-depleted Governor team.

I believe Farragut's downfall will be their overall speed on defense. Last night was the first game all year that WB was able to get "around the corner" on offense and they did it several times. If, and when, Farragut faces DB, I believe DB's speed will be the determining factor.

Very impressed with Browning. He's real good. And the young rb is a stud too. Not as impressed with the "O" line I'd heard so much about. Blount's D stood their ground more than once on 4th and short.

It would not shock me to see Farragut lose one or two before the regular season is done. Not saying they will, saying it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Govman i think you underestimate your team a little. Just because a team is winless and young and injury depleted doesnt mean they stink at football. They showed they were very capable of hanging in their with some of the toughest teams in the schedule so far. Like CU06 said they still have some talent and a strong defense which they have displayed in the past 5 games. It seems like offensive mistakes and some problems with execution just prevents them from being able to score all the points that they are capable of. Their record most certainly misrepresents their ability, and i think you owe your team a little more credit. I wont ridiculing you for what you said about Farragut because what you said is pretty fair and true. Farragut is just one of those teams that needs some motivation for games especially coming off a bye week.

But how bout that kicker #12 Brad Galloway with that Pontiac Game Changing Performance. Im pretty sure Farragut didn't purposely run a direct snap to the kicker, but that was some great effort that swung the momentum for Farragut and i think really secured the game. If WB had made the stop there who knows how the game would have turned out.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman i think you underestimate your team a little. Just because a team is winless and young and injury depleted doesnt mean they stink at football. They showed they were very capable of hanging in their with some of the toughest teams in the schedule so far. Like CU06 said they still have some talent and a strong defense which they have displayed in the past 5 games. It seems like offensive mistakes and some problems with execution just prevents them from being able to score all the points that they are capable of. Their record most certainly misrepresents their ability, and i think you owe your team a little more credit. I wont ridiculing you for what you said about Farragut because what you said is pretty fair and true. Farragut is just one of those teams that needs some motivation for games especially coming off a bye week.

But how bout that kicker #12 Brad Galloway with that Pontiac Game Changing Performance. Im pretty sure Farragut didn't purposely run a direct snap to the kicker, but that was some great effort that swung the momentum for Farragut and i think really secured the game. If WB had made the stop there who knows how the game would have turned out.

AdDave,

It wasn't my intention to "belittle" the Govs, but if I did, I'm sorry. I certainly give a whole lot of credit to the team and the coaching staff for continuing to work and improve each week. There are better days ahead for the Govs, hopefully starting this Friday night.

My post was not intended as a negative post toward the young Govs near as much as it was to point out that at least on this past Friday night, the Admirals lacked the look of the #1 5A team in the state.

Agree with you that the heads up play by your kicker was a real difference maker.

Proud of the Govs ... they played a good ball game. For whoever said WB qb was terrible ... not sure you watched the same game. Sophomore Zach Witt...in his first start ... had a great game. He made a couple of bad throws but that's to be expected. Overall, he had a good night throwing and running.

I believe Farragut is overated as the #1 team in the state 5A. No question they're a good, play-off bound team but they are at best the 3rd best team the Gov's have played this year. I would rate Maryville as the best we've played; Kingsport 2nd; and Farragut and Ooltewah at 3rd just a shade above Soddy Daisy. Now before I get totally ridiculed by the Farragut folks, it's not always a valid comparison to use comparative games ... but at the same time, if you're ranked #1 in the state, you don't have to battle back against a winless, young, injury-depleted Governor team.

I believe Farragut's downfall will be their overall speed on defense. Last night was the first game all year that WB was able to get "around the corner" on offense and they did it several times. If, and when, Farragut faces DB, I believe DB's speed will be the determining factor.

Very impressed with Browning. He's real good. And the young rb is a stud too. Not as impressed with the "O" line I'd heard so much about. Blount's D stood their ground more than once on 4th and short.

It would not shock me to see Farragut lose one or two before the regular season is done. Not saying they will, saying it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

ok i'll bite. i agree that overall team speed for farragut is average. farraguts defensive units are always well coached and play smart. you do realize thought that this is the same defense that held arguably the best back in the kfl(young-bearden) to no td's and 120 yds. most people realize that when you run a 3-5-3 you are going to be vulnerable to sweeps and screens from teams that have above average speed. This is probably the reason why you saw WB try those plays. that's usually a sign of good coaching

it is your opinion that the ads are the 3rd best team that you've played, but maybe you should ask the fans from maryville who attended the farragut/maryville scrimmage what they think. Nobody in the state is unbeatable, but you sound a bit salty because the govs have got off to a bad start. for what it's worth, they are a lot better than their record indicates.

a lot of teams don't come back from 13 pts down to a group as talented as william blount. i am a bit concerned about the admirals play the last two games, but i am glad to see someone new step up every week to make plays. there is a chance that the ads could lose any or all of the next 4 reg season games, but it's not likely.

You know this is what makes high school football so much fun to watch you never know what to expect each week. I will give it up to William Blount they do not play like a 0-6 team I know there record shows it but they are a good football team. Play with alot of heart and guts and never giveup. Farragut on the other hand finds away to win each Friday night and sometimes that what it takes to win look at Tennesee in 1998. What is amazing is there front D-line has one guy that weighs 205 lbs and they hardly blitz any of there linebackers. They play that 3-5-3 defense 3 down line with 5 linebackers and 3 defense backs. In the McMinn County these guys put pressure of there QB all night long and maybe blitz there linebackers 1 or 2 times. This secondary already has 14 INTS this year and there linebackers are fast to the ball. There offense speaks for itself GREAT and can score quick. I know alot of people don't like Farragut but this maybe there best all round team Farragut has had. They have some tuff games going up.