William Blount @ Farragut

CU06

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Congrats to the Govs for a great game i really didnt except that hard of a fight. I was a little nervous when it was 13-0 but i had a feeling the Admirals would come back. Browning is a stud he had a great night and he threw for 300 something and a couple of touchdowns and showed great poise. I was a little disappointed with the offense line at some points throughout the game the Qb was hit alot. Also too many negative plays either WB D-line is that good or Farragut needs to fix some things. I heard of a possible injury to Browning a shoulder injury a possible Ac joint seperation? Not sure though. Good to see Hudson back but couldnt really tell if he was 100 percent. Farragut still needs to work some stuff out but they will get the chance next week with Bradley.

Go Admirals and Good Luck Govs with the rest of your season!

Reese Browning=junior=terrible news for everyone on Farragut's schedule the next 2 years. He pretty much carried the offense all night with strong, accurate throws from the pocket, rolling out, and even improvising a few times. The numbers speak for themselves. WB played a good game, but they just had too many injuries and not enough depth (and their QB is pretty bad). Credit Farragut's D tho for totally shutting down WB's offense for 40 straight minutes. When they adjusted to the short passing game and the screens, there was little WB could do. Way to come back and finish strong after all of Knoxville thought the upset was coming in the first 8 minutes.. by the way...CSS stinks!!! they cut off the dang game 10 minutes into the game for two teams no one in knoxville cares about...way to go..

I was not impressed overall with Farragut. reese did a great job bringing them back and leading them to a win, but the run game just was not very good. I don't understand their thinking on the 2 failed 4th down attempts. The first one, why are you running the ball from shotgun, when you have less than half a yard to go? Then the 2nd one, about 2 yards to go or so, you send 2 fullbacks right in the hole and clog it up, then the rb runs right into the back of them and goes nowhere. Makes no sense. For them having one of, if not the best offense in the state, they weren't very impressive for most of the game. The defense did alright in the 2nd half. The screen passes were killing em all night long though with a few exceptions. Getting turnovers in the 2nd half helped out alot. Maybe this game was another bad game for them, I don't know, but if they plan on going far in the postseason, or just winning the region, they will need to show up to every game the rest of the year. I do think Farragut would have won by more if they kept passing the ball. William Blount was doing a good job stopping the run, so I didn't see why Farragut kept trying it. The pass was working all night long, why go away from it?

Alo I think the "block in the back" call on the interception late in the 1st half was a terrible call. hitting a player and spinning him around into one of his teammates is not a block in the back.. sorry.

just out of curiosity.. what counts as "hitting a defenseless player"? especially if its a WR and the ball was thrown to him.. has nothing to do with this game, jw.

Farragut wins 28-13

Congrats to the Governors on a very tough hard fought game. You guys really came to play, and your team is really gutsy, even trying to play through injuries. I watched the game via the web and I was really impressed with how tough your kids are. Farragut won the game but it was anything but easy. I was rather nervous in the 2nd Qtr, when you guys were up 13-0. I thought you might just pull an upset tonight. Farragut better start getting it together and quit making a bunch of stupid drive killing mistakes on offense, and critical mistakes in the kicking game or else they are gonna get beat by Ooltewah and/or Soddy Daisy.

Good luck the rest of the season Willie B.

FHS Admiral

Thanks for the kind words.. Congrats to the Admirals.. WB has had more than their share of injuries and we got banged up more last night.. Don't know how Don Cope is doing (GOV # 23) but I suspect it is not good. The Admirals are a well balanced team but they do have some chinks in their armor. Both teams should take some lessons from this game then get back on the practice field and improve. I hope your group has not been reading their own press clippings or been listening to fans telling them how good they are. They have alot of talent but they need to improve if they plan on making a deep run in the playoffs.

WB is a very young team with about seventeen or eighteen starters or heavy contribitors that are Juniors, Sophmores, and a freshmen or two. They have been whipped on a time or two but when I look in their eyes I see determination.. I see heart.. I'm very proud of they way they keep working and in time I'm sure their efforts will pay off. I hope the rest of the year goes well for us and we can dodge injuries. I sent my son to the trainer this morning to get some kinks worked out and I'm sure some of his teammates will join him, then its back to the practice field on Monday. See you on the threads..

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I was not impressed overall with Farragut. reese did a great job bringing them back and leading them to a win, but the run game just was not very good. I don't understand their thinking on the 2 failed 4th down attempts. The first one, why are you running the ball from shotgun, when you have less than half a yard to go? Then the 2nd one, about 2 yards to go or so, you send 2 fullbacks right in the hole and clog it up, then the rb runs right into the back of them and goes nowhere. Makes no sense. For them having one of, if not the best offense in the state, they weren't very impressive for most of the game. The defense did alright in the 2nd half. The screen passes were killing em all night long though with a few exceptions. Getting turnovers in the 2nd half helped out alot. Maybe this game was another bad game for them, I don't know, but if they plan on going far in the postseason, or just winning the region, they will need to show up to every game the rest of the year. I do think Farragut would have won by more if they kept passing the ball. William Blount was doing a good job stopping the run, so I didn't see why Farragut kept trying it. The pass was working all night long, why go away from it?

Alo I think the "block in the back" call on the interception late in the 1st half was a terrible call. hitting a player and spinning him around into one of his teammates is not a block in the back.. sorry.

just out of curiosity.. what counts as "hitting a defenseless player"? especially if its a WR and the ball was thrown to him.. has nothing to do with this game, jw.

ihavenofriendzz is right on.

Shotgun on short yardage...c'mon coaches, we can do better than that. I think Farragut figured some of it out in the 2nd half - Reese converted on a couple of Q'back keepers up the center...very good. The passing game looked good, as evidenced by Reese breaking the school passing record - way to go Reese! We need to mix up our running game a bit though - when the middle's not working for us, go around the ends. I saw no option plays last night.

Defense needed a little motivation in the first half - apparently Doucette provided it half time in the locker room cause the boys clamped down and allowed nothing after that.

Again, ihavenofriendzz is right. The ads are going to have to start showing up for both halves of each of their remaining games.

Proud of the Govs ... they played a good ball game. For whoever said WB qb was terrible ... not sure you watched the same game. Sophomore Zach Witt...in his first start ... had a great game. He made a couple of bad throws but that's to be expected. Overall, he had a good night throwing and running.

I believe Farragut is overated as the #1 team in the state 5A. No question they're a good, play-off bound team but they are at best the 3rd best team the Gov's have played this year. I would rate Maryville as the best we've played; Kingsport 2nd; and Farragut and Ooltewah at 3rd just a shade above Soddy Daisy. Now before I get totally ridiculed by the Farragut folks, it's not always a valid comparison to use comparative games ... but at the same time, if you're ranked #1 in the state, you don't have to battle back against a winless, young, injury-depleted Governor team.

I believe Farragut's downfall will be their overall speed on defense. Last night was the first game all year that WB was able to get "around the corner" on offense and they did it several times. If, and when, Farragut faces DB, I believe DB's speed will be the determining factor.

Very impressed with Browning. He's real good. And the young rb is a stud too. Not as impressed with the "O" line I'd heard so much about. Blount's D stood their ground more than once on 4th and short.

It would not shock me to see Farragut lose one or two before the regular season is done. Not saying they will, saying it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

ihavenofriendzz is right on.

Shotgun on short yardage...c'mon coaches, we can do better than that. I think Farragut figured some of it out in the 2nd half - Reese converted on a couple of Q'back keepers up the center...very good. The passing game looked good, as evidenced by Reese breaking the school passing record - way to go Reese! We need to mix up our running game a bit though - when the middle's not working for us, go around the ends. I saw no option plays last night.

Defense needed a little motivation in the first half - apparently Doucette provided it half time in the locker room cause the boys clamped down and allowed nothing after that.

Again, ihavenofriendzz is right. The ads are going to have to start showing up for both halves of each of their remaining games.

yea i agree with u...someone will have to step up on defense in the future if they arent doin good and be a leader. if they wait till halftime against Soddy, Ooltewah, or Oak Ridge, they may not be able to come back. and about the running game.. has anyone else noticed that when Farragut wants to run the ball (see McMinn game) they are very very good running it? it just seems like most of the time, they are more passionate about pass blocking and letting Reese do his thing.. if they could get that passion for the run game as well, they would be unstoppable.

This game was also broadcast on CCS back in Clarksville it was amazing watching two very good teams do battle. William Blount you are hands down one of the most gutsy teams I have seen this year way to go guys. But, they didnt win which was a bummer because they played their hearts out. Farragut keep doing what your doing you are truly a great team....and once again this game was an amazing one to watch.

WB played a great game and its not just because all heart. i said before the game that they some talent and ability too. i really hope they didnt receive another big loss via injury of don cope, hopefully he will be alright. as for farragut, this team really seems like if they WANT to do something, they can do it. like someone referred to the mcminn game, when they WANTED to run the ball and the clock they did, and did it well. and last night when they WANTED to throw it and get downfield, they did. same can be said for the defense. but for some reason this team does not always take the field every possession and every play with the same intent and focus on a consistent basis. one series they'll be in a lull and the next, lights out. what the admirals need to do is stop listening to everyone telling them how good they are, because the bearden game is done, and get back to practice and focus on getting better week to week.

now this might seem like im taking something away from WB for last night's performance, but im not. they had a great scheme against the admirals, and their defensive front was the best that the admirals have seen this year. with that being said, good luck to the admirals and governors the rest of the way and to get healthy.

you can watch a replay of the game HERE. Has Farragut's radio guys announcing. Hopefully they will do this with the rest of their home games this season. put a replay up.

Something that bugs me that I forgot to mention in my other post is.. I don't like that Bogan likes to let the ball bounce before he picks it up. It seems like all it does is give the kicking team time to get to him. I mean it seems weird to say it doesn't make sense when he has scored letting it bounce a few times this year, but I think he needs to be catching it everytime.

and for what it's worth.. I don't like the helmet as the logo at midfield.