William Blount @ Farragut

CU06

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year's game was as good a high school contest as I've ever seen. You had an explosive start with WB scoring quickly and tacking on a 2-point conversion; a 1 point game at the half (WB up 15 - 14); 42 4th quarter points, including touchdowns for both teams in the final minute; plus, of course, the decision by Coach Meadows to go for 2 and the win, and the subsequent victory-preserving stop by the Farragut defense. They don't come more exciting or dramatic than that.

Last year was a coranary game indeed. I'm not sure my ole ticker could stand many like that.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Well, one day left before the game. WB has got one QB back. It would be nice to have Garner back but I guess we'll have to wait. WB has defended the run well at times but the secondary must improve. The offense has played well in spurts but they must become more consistent. Penalties and turnovers have been their downfall.

Admiral fans. How do you like your new facilities?

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Should be a good game to attend. Farragut is number 1 in the state for 5A and whenever these teams get together there is no love lost. It will be a very physical game. I know WB has alot of injuires so that might be one reason why the Admirals win pretty comfortable but all in all i believe it will be a great High School football game. Farragut's new stadium is very nnice and the atmosphere there is awesome. WB is trying to find their identity as a team that started 0-4 or 0-5 im not really sure but they are much better then their record shows. I wish i could attend but i will be watching live from my laptop.

no need to watch it on the laptop admiralman, its the css prepxtra game of the week. unless of course you live outside of knoxville, then the laptop is the only option. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and do not let the govs record fool anybody, this is still a tough WB team. costly mistakes against ooltewah like a opening kickoff return for TD, fumble in the endzone for TD, and a TD of their own called back prevented the govs from being up 14-3 at the half. consequently it was 17-7 ooltewah. at that time, the owls were ranked #2 in the state. and this scenario is exactly like 2004. WB came into the game winless, but had played the toughest schedule in the state. something like three games against #1 ranked and two against #2 ranked teams. that year farragut came in undefeated and ranked in the top 10 and it was a fight to the fourth quarter. this will be a tough, physical football game and i can't wait!

Oh great then i guess i will be able to watch it on the TV with the awesome Commentary of Mark Packerd. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I dont know much of WBs offense do they have alot of weapons like last year what is Farraguts Game Plan? If you know

Oh great then i guess i will be able to watch it on the TV with the awesome Commentary of Mark Packerd. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hear It will also be broadcast on AM 99. Is the broadcast from Farragut (FM 105????) going to happen?

WB is still not healthy but things are improving. The secondary will be tested again by the Admirals but at least they won't have to worry about Andre...( I'm sure they'll be someone else to chase ) WB's offense must stop shooting themselves in the foot.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Note: Gov fans traveling to K-town. New regulations regarding speeding are now in effect. If you are caught speeding in the Knoxville area you'll be issued two tickets........... They are for UT Football games and you'll be required to use both.....

Farragut wins 28-13

Congrats to the Governors on a very tough hard fought game. You guys really came to play, and your team is really gutsy, even trying to play through injuries. I watched the game via the web and I was really impressed with how tough your kids are. Farragut won the game but it was anything but easy. I was rather nervous in the 2nd Qtr, when you guys were up 13-0. I thought you might just pull an upset tonight. Farragut better start getting it together and quit making a bunch of stupid drive killing mistakes on offense, and critical mistakes in the kicking game or else they are gonna get beat by Ooltewah and/or Soddy Daisy.

Good luck the rest of the season Willie B.