Bad News from Union City

WestTnFootball

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts and Prayers from Chattanooga Central. I know Coach Kennedy personally as we had many battles in the playoffs while I was at Lake County. He is a fine man and I wish nothing but the best for him and I pray he has a swift recovery. He is as tough as his team's were to play against so I know he will recover!! Keep us updated on his condition.

Talked to the FOLKS AT UNION CITY.....Seems that Coach was at the Kellog's plant in Memphis where he and a team do a clean up once or twice a month....They are required to wear PROTECTIVE SUITS around this stuff...anyway...Coach Kennedy apparently FORGOT something .......That is when the "back wash" from the chemicals ( I hope I am telling this right) caused the hoses or pipes to blow...And it got all over Kennedy...Luckily it didn't get his head...or his face or his hands...but he has burns on his torso....1st and 2nd degree burns....He will be out of action for awhile....Don't think he will require SUREGERY but will have to undergo lots of THERAPY...and if I am correct that is a very painful ordeal where they bandage...then take the bandages off and SCRUB the dead/burned skin off ...then re-bandage and go through the same ordeal again until he is well....I talked with office personel at UC high school myself...They said he is ALERT and talking but in a lot of pain....He is at the MED in room #7 in the Step down burn unit ( I think that is the right term)...Call Union City High school...I know Dyersburg is taking up money for Coach Kennedy...He has a wife and children and I am sure the family appreciates everything that anybody can do for them....Prayers go out...Kennedy is a fine man...