Lincoln County

FCRebelBall

I have lived in Fayetteville all my life. I played at Central and I have had two children and four grandchildren play football for Lincoln County. I am a Falcon through and throught and I normally don't complain but it is time to say something. Our football team is on a down hill slide and has been for several years now. As bad as I hate to say it, it is time for changes. The players lack motivation and discipline and this is caused by the coaching staff and lack of self discipline. If you watch the coaches on the sideline it is almost like they don't want to be there. Now for the play calling, it is terrible. I don't care how good you are as players or coaches, you can not win running a handful of plays. When people are sitting the stands calling out the plays before they are run, that is not good. I respect CoachT for what he has accomplished, but teams are not built on past accomplisments He is not getting the job done and is it time for a change. Lets get a new staff and see if we can turn things around in Lincoln County. Not matter I will be there every Friday night.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lived in Fayetteville all my life. I played at Central and I have had two children and four grandchildren play football for Lincoln County. I am a Falcon through and throught and I normally don't complain but it is time to say something. Our football team is on a down hill slide and has been for several years now. As bad as I hate to say it, it is time for changes. The players lack motivation and discipline and this is caused by the coaching staff and lack of self discipline. If you watch the coaches on the sideline it is almost like they don't want to be there. Now for the play calling, it is terrible. I don't care how good you are as players or coaches, you can not win running a handful of plays. When people are sitting the stands calling out the plays before they are run, that is not good. I respect CoachT for what he has accomplished, but teams are not built on past accomplisments He is not getting the job done and is it time for a change. Lets get a new staff and see if we can turn things around in Lincoln County. Not matter I will be there every Friday night.

I'm sick of these threads and appauled by the lack of appreciation of a select few folk in Fayetteville. You have one of the best and most well respected coaches in the state of Tennessee. Coach Thompson has called those same handful of plays for a LONG time ... and it has worked for a LONG time. He contends for state titles when he has the talent. If you think this year's team is at that level you are kidding yourself. I watched the 2003 team play. I have seen this year's team play. It doesn't compare. He gets the best out of what he has year in and year out. Most 5A programs, especially in the talent area of Fayetteville, would KILL for that kind of success. I would take that success and stability in Manchester ANY day.

I'm sick of these threads and appauled by the lack of appreciation of a select few folk in Fayetteville. You have one of the best and most well respected coaches in the state of Tennessee. Coach Thompson has called those same handful of plays for a LONG time ... and it has worked for a LONG time. He contends for state titles when he has the talent. If you think this year's team is at that level you are kidding yourself. I watched the 2003 team play. I have seen this year's team play. It doesn't compare. He gets the best out of what he has year in and year out. Most 5A programs, especially in the talent area of Fayetteville, would KILL for that kind of success. I would take that success and stability in Manchester ANY day.

AGREE

The falcons as of late are not on the same map as the 03 team talent wise. Not knocking the athletes, but they have not had an Edminston type back or a Horrocks/Divens lineman to strike the fear in the opponent. From what I've seen the Falcons are the second best coached team in the region behind Joslin at Cookeville. Thats not too shabby considering the job he has done in cookeville. What i think is hurting them is that the lines are not dominant when it comes to teams outside the region such as blackman and oakland. The size seems to be there but not the skill.

and your first post is to slam Coach Thompson...geesh.

When Coach Thompson decides to retire you will get your wish but it won't happen until then. My pappy used to say: "Some folks will complain about being hung with a new rope."

Coach, when you get tired of all this come on over and I'll take you out on my boat for some fishin and refreshments. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Beats the heck out of coachin sometimes.

I would bet you have exactly the same qualifications to make such a statement as powersoftball did before the riverdale game don't you. I would even venture to say that you are powersoftball and are just to embarassed after last time to post under the same name. Would that be a fair assumption. You are an IDIOT.

Hey I am still here I don't need a different name to post what I believe. I am just glad they are other people in LC that believe and see the same things as I do. If that hurts yours feelings or you are a LC coach that is just to bad the facts are the facts. If you read the responses on here, there are more people who have took off their blinders and can see the truth. Just look at the records of the teams that LC have played and tell me how great of a job is being done in LC. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it.

I would bet you have exactly the same qualifications to make such a statement as powersoftball did before the riverdale game don't you. I would even venture to say that you are powersoftball and are just to embarassed after last time to post under the same name. Would that be a fair assumption. You are an IDIOT.

A prime example of stupidity&Ignorance. Maybe you're right! Fans like you don't deserve Coach Thompson!

Since you have gotten me started I have something else to say. You can not live on things in the past. I grant you Coach T has done great things in the past and so has Phil Fulmer and I applaud them for that. But the old saying is what have you done lately. That fact is the players on the team just like Tennessee are not being used to their utmost potential and that is a coaching problem. The fact is good coaches can take average players and get them to play great and right now our staff is not getting that done. Also you talk about about great players in the past and I grant you their have been some at LC, but without these average players playing around them, they would not have become great players. If you are so blinded by the great things of the past and want to live there, that is fine, but if you want to get LC back to their glory days, open up your eyes and senses and smell the roses because right now things don't look or smell so good..

Hey I am still here I don't need a different name to post what I believe. I am just glad they are other people in LC that believe and see the same things as I do. If that hurts yours feelings or you are a LC coach that is just to bad the facts are the facts. If you read the responses on here, there are more people who have took off their blinders and can see the truth. Just look at the records of the teams that LC have played and tell me how great of a job is being done in LC. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it.

Well I am still calling BS on your so called qualifications since no one seems to know anyone with the resume that you have in or around lincoln county. Coach Thompson knows more about football, motivation, and hard work than most of us could ever hope to, and you can't seem to face the fact that he is just better than you ever were or ever gonna be, so you live in a fantasy world where you can be some hot shot coach that no one has eer heard of. I looked up the teams with the highest winning percentage in the 90's like you said to before, and guess what none of them played Lincoln co in the 90's which you also claimed to have beaten Louy then. I have asked several people in town about anyone with these qualifications that you speak of and no one knows of anyone like that, not even the director of schools who said " I have asked everyone with coaching experience to help and there are none in Fayettville" So I guess yoou were able to get online and tell lies about yourself to make yourself feel better. Gee I have never heard of anyone doing that before.