7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

actually swami i would say you are correct on akers winning the mvp. i dont know who votes on this thing but they are obviously idiots. tyler cutter got screwed out of the mvp last year. he carried a team of sophomores to the final four while averaging 17pts and 8 assists a game. i know carter didnt put up thise kind of numbers. i dont think a player from siegel has ever won the thing. between ramsey, oden, and cutter you would think 1 of the 3 would get it. all 3 played in the state tournament final four losing to the eventual champs. lets look at the district last year and name the players i would "draft" to my team before carter:

siegel: cutter, hammonds

oakland: epps, moppins

white county: all 3 of the guards that graduated, puckett

riverdale: michael young

lebanon: xavier smith

warren co: the black kid cant remember his name

thats 11 players that were clearly better than carter. that was the biggest joke i had ever seen. i guess they picked him since he lead his team to absolutely nothing last year.

White County's guards were Tyler Greene, Josh Brown, and Kyle Delaney. I thought myself that the MVP last year should go to either Cutter or Kyle Delaney.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually swami i would say you are correct on akers winning the mvp. i dont know who votes on this thing but they are obviously idiots. tyler cutter got screwed out of the mvp last year. he carried a team of sophomores to the final four while averaging 17pts and 8 assists a game. i know carter didnt put up thise kind of numbers. i dont think a player from siegel has ever won the thing. between ramsey, oden, and cutter you would think 1 of the 3 would get it. all 3 played in the state tournament final four losing to the eventual champs. lets look at the district last year and name the players i would "draft" to my team before carter:

siegel: cutter, hammonds

oakland: epps, moppins

white county: all 3 of the guards that graduated, puckett

riverdale: michael young

lebanon: xavier smith

warren co: the black kid cant remember his name

thats 11 players that were clearly better than carter. that was the biggest joke i had ever seen. i guess they picked him since he lead his team to absolutely nothing last year.

Keep in mind, its Most Valuable Player, not Most Outstanding Player. Without Carter last year, Blackman probably would have finished last in the district. I think Judah and Kerry def deserve all the praise that comes their way, but I going to throw Jamal Hughes name into the mix. He averages 20.4 ppg in a program where its almost impossible to avg 20 pts per game. He's not on Kerry's level, but I feel like he deserves to at least be in the conversation.

Keep in mind, its Most Valuable Player, not Most Outstanding Player. Without Carter last year, Blackman probably would have finished last in the district. I think Judah and Kerry def deserve all the praise that comes their way, but I going to throw Jamal Hughes name into the mix. He averages 20.4 ppg in a program where its almost impossible to avg 20 pts per game. He's not on Kerry's level, but I feel like he deserves to at least be in the conversation.

Good point I still have nightmares about Kerry and Jamal from the 04-05 season when they were teammates at Siegel Middle, so unfair

yeah your right, blackman would have finished last instead of 5th. come on now man be serious.

i will agree with the arguement for hughes. he is a good player.

i think my siegel boys will win in a blowout tomorrow night for homecoming against white co. but im worried about tuesday @cookeville. everyone knows you get screwed when you go to cookeville. i think if siegel can get the win there, they will go undefeated in the district!!

Ramsey and Oden both could have won it that year also, Jimmy was averaging roughly 17 points 5 assists 3 steals and i wanna say about 4 boards a game that season and Keith was Keith. OaklandGrad, with all do respect Tyler Cutter brought that team together last season and it was the closest thing to robbery since Charles Woodson won the heisman. If Kerry Hammonds doesnt win MVP this season, wheter we lose a couple or win out, it shows the voters hate Siegel. Jamal and Kerry in 7th grade were nasty. I really dont invision Siegel struggling with anyone the rest of the district season though, but who knows.

The "obvious idiots" that vote on district MVP (as well as the all-district team) are the head coaches.

Keith Ramsey missed the majority of district games his senior season. As a result, I don't believe he was ever truly considered to be in the running for MVP his senior year.

I'm going to assume that Oden's attitude prevented enough coaches from voting for him. The next logical choice that season would have been Chaisson.

Blackman finished regular season 4th last season (not 5th). Siegel finished much higher at 3rd.

Alex averaged 17 pts, 4.5 boards, and 2.5 assists.

Alex was by far the most valuable player to his team. Delaney and Cutter may have been more talented, but if either one of them were taken away from their respective teams, the effects wouldn't of been as detrimental if Alex was removed from his. I guess it all goes back to the classic argument of how people define "MVP".

The "obvious idiots" that vote on district MVP (as well as the all-district team) are the head coaches.

Keith Ramsey missed the majority of district games his senior season. As a result, I don't believe he was ever truly considered to be in the running for MVP his senior year.

I'm going to assume that Oden's attitude prevented enough coaches from voting for him. The next logical choice that season would have been Chaisson.

Blackman finished regular season 4th last season (not 5th). Siegel finished much higher at 3rd.

Alex averaged 17 pts, 4.5 boards, and 2.5 assists.

Alex was by far the most valuable player to his team. Delaney and Cutter may have been more talented, but if either one of them were taken away from their respective teams, the effects wouldn't of been as detrimental if Alex was removed from his. I guess it all goes back to the classic argument of how people define "MVP".

Everyone thinks the player from their school should get the MVP. They watch them every game and they are always going to root for them. I am sure it was a very close vote for MVP last year but how can anyone look at this years teams and not see that the coaches got it right. Siegel has not missed a beat without Cutter. They have an amazing team and are well on their way to going back to state. White County lost a lot of talent but even playing different players they beat Blackman by over 20 points. Blackman lost Alex and Paul. While Paul was a good player he spent a good deal of time on the bench each game in foul trouble. Other than that Blackman has the same team. How many games have they won? Maybe 3 or 4, so yes I say last year the MVP should have went to Alex. The deciding vote in Alex's favor was probably the fact he was a classy kid, played with a lot of heart, and did not play dirty or whine his way through the game.

Mackie I don't believe I agree about Alex not being as talented as Cutter or Delaney. Delaney had the bigger body and was able to out muscle a lot of kids and Cutter was given free reign to do whatever he wanted. Alex had to overcome double teams and face guarding almost every game as well. White County and Siegel had to much talent for anyone to put emphasis on stopping Cutter and Delaney.

well swami wasnt too far off on the scoring difference ...our boys played hard today and we stayed competitive for most of the night TJ played hard and played good tonight but none of his shots were falling she is usually automatic when left open today just was an off night shooting for him i know he will bounce back and be ok..overall i thought our boys played well and really went after it today...it was nice to see bobby get some playing time he played qquite abit in the 4th QTR and was reall aggrresive and took it to the hole i also thought TJ took it to the hole ok as well...I think watching this film they will learn alot about themselves and use that to improve as the season is far from over

GO WARRIORS

Riverdaleman you have to understand you can't let one player shoot 20 times and only score 3 against siegel. You have to let all the players play not just 1 come on. You are telling me they live and die by one player ? You jack 10 3 and hit one and the other ten you get swatted at rim and you tell that kid keep shooting with two people in your face come on. Siegel not going to lose when a team plays that way.

yeah your right, blackman would have finished last instead of 5th. come on now man be serious.

i think my siegel boys will win in a blowout tomorrow night for homecoming against white co. but im worried about tuesday @cookeville. everyone knows you get screwed when you go to cookeville. i think if siegel can get the win there, they will go undefeated in the district!!

Siegel should win easily esp. since Puckett has went down with a knee injury again. The question is will Siegel again continue to full court press with a 25-30 point lead with less than a minute to go in the game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Any White County fans heard anything about Puckett's knee? It didn't look good Tuesday night at Blackman.

Ramsey and Oden both could have won it that year also, Jimmy was averaging roughly 17 points 5 assists 3 steals and i wanna say about 4 boards a game that season and Keith was Keith. OaklandGrad, with all do respect Tyler Cutter brought that team together last season and it was the closest thing to robbery since Charles Woodson won the heisman. If Kerry Hammonds doesnt win MVP this season, wheter we lose a couple or win out, it shows the voters hate Siegel. Jamal and Kerry in 7th grade were nasty. I really dont invision Siegel struggling with anyone the rest of the district season though, but who knows.

I am not saying that I neccessarily agree that Carter should have been MVP, but I can see rhe reasoning in it. With all biases aside, what Chaisson and Oakland did in his jr season was almost other worldly, I dont think anyone expected Oakland, much less anybody else, to challenge Siegel for the district crown, yet Oakland won it outright. I dont try to get too caught up with the individual awards, and when your dealing with a process like this, its not just all about numbers, lets face it, Siegel has burned some bridges over the years and for some, I am sure that has factored into the equation, maybe not to the point where they purposely vote for another candidate, but maybe to where if its a close race, maybe they vote for a kid who maybe as equally deserving.

With that said, Siegel is capable of running the table, but its incredibly tough to do so, as evidenced by Oakland's season in 06-07, they had a few games that they probably should have lost in that regular season. Talent wise, Siegel is a step above everyone else, but that doesnt always translate to being dominant for a whole season. It will be interesting to see if any team will try to stall and keep the game at a snail's pace, you cant legitimately run with Siegel and expect to win, a lesson Lebanon learned the hard way.