7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Oakland Tradition:23 District Championships, 9 Region Championships, 16 Sectional Appearances, 12 State Tourney Appearances, 7 Final 4's, 2 Runner-Ups

When was Oakland ever a runner up in basketbal?? Are you talking girls??

I was going to put the years in parenthesis, but it made the signature too long. Oakland's Boys were a runner-up in 1983 I think.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland Tradition:23 District Championships, 9 Region Championships, 16 Sectional Appearances, 12 State Tourney Appearances, 7 Final 4's, 2 Runner-Ups

When was Oakland ever a runner up in basketbal?? Are you talking girls??

Oaklands boys were runner up in 84{very good team}. I think the state championship was their only loss that year. I am not sure.

Thank you for correcting me, but yes, the 84 Oakland team only had 1 loss, which was in the state championship. Ended a string of 3 straight state tourney appearances for the Patriots

In 1984 Oakland lost in the finals to Brainerd that year 54-50. Brainerds girls also won the state that year. WOW! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Not sure if that is right or not.....when Siegel played this year at Oakland I did not see any runner up banner?? Almost positvie they just made it to the Final Four. Is there anywhere to check for sure??

Oakland was runner up that year. I am sure. I don't have to look it up.

I guess if you need to see it you can look on TSSAA website. Don't waste your time. They were runner up in 84. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thank you.....looked it up to be sure! I always wanna have facts right!! Congrats to that team, who did the lose to?? King wasnt the coach though...right??

Like I said in a previous post they lost to Chatt. Brainerd. Brainerd finished at 27-5. King was not there yet. It was Oaklands only loss that season.

Oakland wins 53-40 over White county. Puckett went back down in the 2nd with a knee injury

He gave it his all with boys swinging from him. When he went down he had eight points. White co had 10 fouls and Oakland had 1. late in the game they tried to call picky fouls that would not effect the outcome of the game to make it look more balanced. The game was either 4 or 6 points when he went down in favor of Oakland but its all over for Aaron until college.