MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before the Oakland game Friday they SHOULDN'T have lost. That's why ya play them.

The win was big for Oakland because it tied them up with Cookeville for 2nd. Thats big for seeding in the tourney.

I can remember Warren County defeating a Siegel team with (Ramsey, Roper, Oden, Cutter, etc,) on their roster a few years ago !!!

AAAAAHHHHHHH YEESSSSSSS!! The "SWAMI" is here !!! Wait a sec, I 've got something blurry on my crystal ball, I can't seem to get a clear picture, After a (2-2) Friday night , the "SWAMI" now stands at (36-4) for the season. Congrats to Riverdale (no surprise), and to Oakland on their MONSTER win over tough Siegel. The "SWAMI" will continue to shine-up his ball some more, and will be back Monday for all of Tuesday's games. The "SWAMI" has spoken.

AAAAHHHH YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! The "SWAMI" is here!!!!! lLooking to rebound off of Friday's (2-2) pickings, The "SWAMI" now stands at (36-4) for the season. The "SWAMI" sees Tuesday nights games going as follows: Siegel wll rebound after the tough loss to Oakland and win on the road at Blackman. Siegel by 27. Red-Hot Oakland will travel up to Cookeville, but will find the CAVS mighty tough to beat at home. Cookeville by 4 , in a real barn-burner. White County will drive over to Lebanon and will not enjoy their stay. Lebanon by 10. And finally, Riverdale will travel to Warren County and pull out a close 5 point victory over my Pioneers. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!! Read em and weep .

I haven't posted on here in a long time. Sometimes I get so frustrated I don't want to say the wrong thing or write something that someone else twists around. Stop grouping all posters from the various schools together. The one or two arrogant Siegel posters don't represent the school. They give Siegel a bad rap. Not just Siegel, but there are posters from the other schools that aren't helping their school's cause either. I think all posters from all schools are very passionate about their school and team, as it should be. We forget that alot of the postings are opinions and thats ok. Not everyone is going to agree. All schools are going to complain about refs at one point or another. And yes I have seen some bad officiating this year. And I was watching some other teams in tournament play so I'm not talking about just Siegel or 7aaa.

I give props to Oakland on their win. Siegel was so off their game that night because Oakland took them out of their "run and gun" game. Siegel can learn a good lesson from the loss on how to improve thier game and make it more dimensional. If not, take note EVERYONE from here on out will slow down and play a half court offense.

One more thing and I'll stop. Why do people keep thinking kids are recruited and not in the correct zone? Who would be that stupid to risk forfeiting an entire season if they are caught. I know for a fact that everyone on Siegel's team is living in the zone legally. In my job, I have access to these sort of records. Now I also know there are loopholes to be found too. And all schools know about them too. When my family moved back to the Boro 7 years ago, we looked at homes in specific school zones. Who doesn't? When I ask what the policy for zoning was for those employed at Rutherford County schools, I was told if the parent or legal guardian was a full time employee of that school their child could go there. Not a part time caferteria worker or MDA. How about a vice prinicipal at another RC school where their child was allowed to pick what school they wanted to go to. Example - parent employed at Laverge, kid goes to Oakland, zoned for Siegel. Now how about a caferteria worker, full time at one school, lives in another school's zone and their child was denied a zone exemption to the school that the parent work full time at. Why the difference you asked? Makes you wonder. Me too. But it happened to my family. Recruiting? maybe... But, everything still worked out for the good. Hope everyone's remaining season is safe and injury free!

You bring up some really good points. The good programs are going to have kids that want to play there, the success recruits itself in a way. Alot of what Siegel experiences now is what Oakland put up with for all those years in 7-AAA, they are the one team everybody wants to beat and they are going to get everybody's A game. Does not change the fact that I think Siegel is a darn good team and certainly a team capable of making a run for the gold ball. I think this past game shows that maybe they need to make a habit of working the HI-LO a little bit more into their gameplan, as I think they could have certainly taken advantage of Oakland down low.

Its Oakland-Siegel, it is always going to be a big deal. Were more or less using Siegel's own words against them. Must have meant a pretty good bit since every Siegel poster has done their best vanishing act.........

Yeah, that's not all bad though, but I noticed it too....

I haven't posted on here in a long time. Sometimes I get so frustrated I don't want to say the wrong thing or write something that someone else twists around. Stop grouping all posters from the various schools together. The one or two arrogant Siegel posters don't represent the school. They give Siegel a bad rap. Not just Siegel, but there are posters from the other schools that aren't helping their school's cause either. I think all posters from all schools are very passionate about their school and team, as it should be. We forget that alot of the postings are opinions and thats ok. Not everyone is going to agree. All schools are going to complain about refs at one point or another. And yes I have seen some bad officiating this year. And I was watching some other teams in tournament play so I'm not talking about just Siegel or 7aaa.

I give props to Oakland on their win. Siegel was so off their game that night because Oakland took them out of their "run and gun" game. Siegel can learn a good lesson from the loss on how to improve thier game and make it more dimensional. If not, take note EVERYONE from here on out will slow down and play a half court offense.

One more thing and I'll stop. Why do people keep thinking kids are recruited and not in the correct zone? Who would be that stupid to risk forfeiting an entire season if they are caught. I know for a fact that everyone on Siegel's team is living in the zone legally. In my job, I have access to these sort of records. Now I also know there are loopholes to be found too. And all schools know about them too. When my family moved back to the Boro 7 years ago, we looked at homes in specific school zones. Who doesn't? When I ask what the policy for zoning was for those employed at Rutherford County schools, I was told if the parent or legal guardian was a full time employee of that school their child could go there. Not a part time caferteria worker or MDA. How about a vice prinicipal at another RC school where their child was allowed to pick what school they wanted to go to. Example - parent employed at Laverge, kid goes to Oakland, zoned for Siegel. Now how about a caferteria worker, full time at one school, lives in another school's zone and their child was denied a zone exemption to the school that the parent work full time at. Why the difference you asked? Makes you wonder. Me too. But it happened to my family. Recruiting? maybe... But, everything still worked out for the good. Hope everyone's remaining season is safe and injury free!

OHS is an open zone school BTW.

Yeah, that's not all bad though, but I noticed it too....

OHS is an open zone school BTW.

Still your not getting the point. Full time employee (asst, principal) at one school gets their child in ANOTHER school they don't work at (open zone or not) and the full time employee (cafeteria worker)wants their child at the school they are employed and was denied. Just wanted to know if playing basketball had anything to do with it. One child did and one child didn't.

I heard he will play either tonight or Friday night. Lets hope he is healed and ready to play. If he is healthy we go from a team that is somewhere between 4th-6th in the district up to a team that can get 2nd or 3rd in the district.

I think you are going on the assumption of it being the Puckett of old. I do not think he is every going to be truly 100 percent healthy for the rest of the season. I do think Sparta could make some noise and would make for a nice sub-plot should Oakland win tonight at Cookeville.

I think you are going on the assumption of it being the Puckett of old. I do not think he is every going to be truly 100 percent healthy for the rest of the season. I do think Sparta could make some noise and would make for a nice sub-plot should Oakland win tonight at Cookeville.

Even if Puckett comes back at 70-80% it makes us a MUCH better team.