MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know anything about the coach other than he was there last year as an assistant? And does anyone know who the point guard is yet? I heard the New Orleans kid is starting?? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Coach Dotson has been there for a pretty good while, at least 3 years or so if I can remember correctly. He is pretty popular among the players and I think that is primarily why Siegel chose to hire within the program. With the way Siegel plays at their breakneck pace, who plays the point is going to have relatively low significance

Thanks! Ready for the season to begin and see how Siegel will do, I am sure everybody will be gunning for them. But didn't White County win the district last season? How come nobody is even mentioning them, shouldn't they be a favorite to repeat this season????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thanks! Ready for the season to begin and see how Siegel will do, I am sure everybody will be gunning for them. But didn't White County win the district last season? How come nobody is even mentioning them, shouldn't they be a favorite to repeat this season????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Reason why is because White Co. graduated quite a bit from last season, but they do have enough returning to make a run at it, or so it seems

White Co. did win Dist. last year and will be ok this year even though we lost a lot of playing experience, but Siegel returns most of their players. Time will tell.

With Oakland football making the playoffs...was wondering how many players are on the team that play basketball??

Traditionally, Oakland hasnt had a lot of guys that have played football. BJ Nelson and Wesley Blissard are the only ones I can think of that play basketball that would get meaningful pt. It is a good problem to have though

With the way Siegel plays at their breakneck pace, who plays the point is going to have relatively low significance

It does not matter how fast you play, who plays the point guard in 7 AAA has major significance. Siegel is definitely the odds on favorite, but they are going to miss Cutter and Hughes a lot more than people think. In close games, especially in late game situations, they will not be able to play at a "breakneck pace" and then you will see the significance of who plays point guard for the Stars.

i have to say that point guard play is critical in this district. Take the last few winners/ or top teams... all of them had a good point guard.

White co will have to play as a team and play unbelievably unselfish for them to win this year. Everyone already knows about puckett and mitchell. if they try to win with those two, they wont have much luck. AP seems like he wants to shoot the three ball alot, (and he can shoot it fairly well) but it takes him out of the middle.

It will be an interesting year for what we have known as 7AAA . Starting next year, Cookeville, white co. and Warren Co. will be in a new district with Coffee and Cumberland counties. Here is to hoping the UC represents against the boro and goes out on a good note

85 warrior, I hear Nathan Aaron is coaching down there now, to bad you cant put him in, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It does not matter how fast you play, who plays the point guard in 7 AAA has major significance. Siegel is definitely the odds on favorite, but they are going to miss Cutter and Hughes a lot more than people think. In close games, especially in late game situations, they will not be able to play at a "breakneck pace" and then you will see the significance of who plays point guard for the Stars.

Point being that in high school basketball, you can often times interchange the guard positions. Will they miss Cutter and Hughes? Absolutely, but guys like Hammonds, Gooch, Mitchell and Tate are just starting to hit their stride. What seperates this Siegel team as opposed from teams in the past in that they take defense a little more seriously. Kerry Hammonds is going to be a treat to watch the next few years

i have to say that point guard play is critical in this district. Take the last few winners/ or top teams... all of them had a good point guard.

White co will have to play as a team and play unbelievably unselfish for them to win this year. Everyone already knows about puckett and mitchell. if they try to win with those two, they wont have much luck. AP seems like he wants to shoot the three ball alot, (and he can shoot it fairly well) but it takes him out of the middle.

It will be an interesting year for what we have known as 7AAA . Starting next year, Cookeville, white co. and Warren Co. will be in a new district with Coffee and Cumberland counties. Here is to hoping the UC represents against the boro and goes out on a good note

85 warrior, I hear Nathan Aaron is coaching down there now, to bad you cant put him in, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yes. He is assisting coach Mitchell. I was only able to see him play once. He could light it up. Suit him up. I don't care. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />