Oak Ridge @ William Blount

tpoole12

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

News or rumor? Heard it from a player with starting lineup ties. During the week of the DB game, Coach Stephens pulled a knife on an OR player as they practiced inside out of the rain. A parent apparently brought it the attention of the principal on Friday before the trip to McMinn Co. Stephens will meet Monday with Dr. Bailey where he is expected to lose his job. Can anyone else confirm this? CatVoice? Tank? I know a member of the first family of Oak Ridge football has his inside sources and can shed some light on it.

William Blount is coming off a tough loss to Farragut. I dont think that they will come to play and Oak Ridge will win this one 41-28.

BigBlue

Thanks for your initial post and welcome to coachT... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sure I can agree with you but I do tend to see in a orange and blue tint if you know what I mean.. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

It was a tough game with the Admirals but after the game I didn't see any WB players hang their heads. They turned in one of their best performances of the seaon and I look for them to continue to improve. I afraid we may have lost another key player but this team is not a stranger to adversity. They been hit hard (figuritively and literally) and they keep getting up and coming back again. I think this speaks volumes about their coaches, captains, and players. I haven't seen any quit in this group. I'll repeat what I said in a earlier post. This team has improved all year and I can hardly wait for friday night.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Hmmmmmm......Very Interesting.........

Ole Dad

News or rumor? Heard it from a player with starting lineup ties. During the week of the DB game, Coach Stephens pulled a knife on an OR player as they practiced inside out of the rain. A parent apparently brought it the attention of the principal on Friday before the trip to McMinn Co. Stephens will meet Monday with Dr. Bailey where he is expected to lose his job. Can anyone else confirm this? CatVoice? Tank? I know a member of the first family of Oak Ridge football has his inside sources and can shed some light on it.

Well Oak Ridge seems to be struggling, with back to back losses. And WB looked pretty impressive at Farragut. Il take the Govs in this game. I hope 23 is ok for you guys he an a great athlete. WB seems to be improving while Oak Ridge is taking some rough losses. I might go to this game because my Admirals got Bradley. Good Luck to both teams.

WB- 24

Oak Ridge-21

Tposter, I have heard the same rumors as everyone else. I know the coaches met on Sunday as they usually do, there was nothing said about the alleged incident. I just talked to one of the assistants, I won't say which one, but a current member of this years staff knew nothing about it as of 9:30 on Monday morning. So, if in fact Coach Stevens is in some trouble, his assistants don't know anything about it yet. So, who knows? Until an administrator addresses the situation publicly, we won't know anything for sure. I will say this, the story I've heard seems pretty far fetched. I don't know how the other coaches wouldn't know about the alleged incident. BUT, stranger things have happened. So, I don't know what to think.

Tposter, I have heard the same rumors as everyone else. I know the coaches met on Sunday as they usually do, there was nothing said about the alleged incident. I just talked to one of the assistants, I won't say which one, but a current member of this years staff knew nothing about it as of 9:30 on Monday morning. So, if in fact Coach Stevens is in some trouble, his assistants don't know anything about it yet. So, who knows? Until an administrator addresses the situation publicly, we won't know anything for sure. I will say this, the story I've heard seems pretty far fetched. I don't know how the other coaches wouldn't know about the alleged incident. BUT, stranger things have happened. So, I don't know what to think.

Define" far fetched", I heard that a blade was shown. This is zero tollerence for everyone. Or is it?