UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

I Never Seen The South Fulton Stand So Full. there Was People In Wheelchairs, Walking Canes, heck Probably Some Stretchers As Well. They Emptied The Town Out. IMO South Fulton Used The Pass To Get to The Redzone And Then Opted For The Run To Score. That Was Thier Undoing. And Busted Coverages Led To Union Cities Win. But The Game Was Much Closer Than The Score.

i'm hoping our receivers will give them trouble..Carlos Young,Dominic Kimble , Patrick Robertson and Rafael Tyler all are speedsters and the tight end Chris Rogers can catch very well..Plus after the two starting running backs quit just before we played Union City..Lake Co put a big lineman in the backfield along with freshman Ricky Boyd ,about 6'1 and he can scoot also..Scored on about a 91 yard touchdown against Halls that was called back...He's getting better every game and has been a pleasant surprise..So..Lake Co looks to be getting better..If the defense keeps playing better ball..Lake Co can beat anyone in the district!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Bigster,

The way Lake Co. passes gives yall the edge on South Fulton. South Fulton is not very good against the pass. Also, the two starting lineman for SF will still be in Europe from what I understand. That, along with yall's speed makes me want to say that yall will beat South Fulton. But, I do believe that the Red Devils will play yall tough.

Congratulations to Union City. We knew beating you all was a long shot. Colton Speed is an excellent athlete. To whoever is bragging about this UC team being better than the 05-06, I sure don't see it. Maybe this year's team is better coached...but that 05 team was tremendous.

I was very proud of our guys tonight. The game was a little closer than the score reflects. Time to circle the wagons and get ready for Lake County.

Your right about Speed. He's a good kid too. I'm gonna have to get out of Jackson and get up there to see him play before the season is over.

I Never Seen The South Fulton Stand So Full. there Was People In Wheelchairs, Walking Canes, heck Probably Some Stretchers As Well. They Emptied The Town Out. IMO South Fulton Used The Pass To Get to The Redzone And Then Opted For The Run To Score. That Was Thier Undoing. And Busted Coverages Led To Union Cities Win. But The Game Was Much Closer Than The Score.

I totally agree with you Butchie. Our play calling was poor last night.

I wasn't as impressed with Colton Speed as I expected to be. What I was impressed with was UC's O and D lines. Their center was tough! That # 72 left D end was some kind of quick. UC's line won the game for them last night. It was a good game and I was pround of our boys.

No, he played his freshmen year and started in the state champ game. And for all those Devil fans I see no one posting? Did we hurt your feelings? I'm sorry all our fans were laughing when ya'll actually scored your 7 points. It's ok. Come back to posting.

He's a great baseball player too. I got to see him play his freshman year when they beat us (JCS) in the playoffs. I think he returned a couple of kicks for TD's that season.

Well, I'll tell you ya this....Greenfield could pass on SF, but we didnt run too well on them. They have a big D line, and thier LB's will get after ya. They also have some speed in the DB's, but thier pass coverage lacks a lot. So, this should fit very well with what UC likes to do...fit for SF. From what I hear, UC likes to run, not pass. SF's D is good against the run. Sooooooo.....

Will Speed get 175 yards? I'm gonna say no.

..you were right.. he didn't get 175, but he did get 174 yards on 18 carries.

West Tn,

I made that statement before I knew about SF not having two of their starting lineman. If they'd had those two starting lineman, then they might have held Speed to a lot less. Whenever a small, single A school loses two lineman, they usually dont have that many on the bench who can really replace them.

In fact, I made the statement on one of these comment threads...after learning about the two lineman....that I was changing my prediction from a close win for UC to a win of at least two td's for UC.

i'm hoping our receivers will give them trouble..Carlos Young,Dominic Kimble , Patrick Robertson and Rafael Tyler all are speedsters and the tight end Chris Rogers can catch very well..Plus after the two starting running backs quit just before we played Union City..Lake Co put a big lineman in the backfield along with freshman Ricky Boyd ,about 6'1 and he can scoot also..Scored on about a 91 yard touchdown against Halls that was called back...He's getting better every game and has been a pleasant surprise..So..Lake Co looks to be getting better..If the defense keeps playing better ball..Lake Co can beat anyone in the district!

Lake Co want make it to the playoffs.They cant beat UC,Mckenzie,and SF.These 3 teams along with Greenfield will be the playoff teams out of this district.I actually see Lake Co finishing 6th.

I totally agree with you Butchie. Our play calling was poor last night.

I wasn't as impressed with Colton Speed as I expected to be. What I was impressed with was UC's O and D lines. Their center was tough! That # 72 left D end was some kind of quick. UC's line won the game for them last night. It was a good game and I was pround of our boys.

Thanks metfan & west.tn always remember that jealousy is the best form of flattery

Our pass D is much improved from the last few games. We picked off Speed about 3 or 4 times. Speed only broke loose for a long gain about 1 or 2 time with one being the td he ran from sideline to sideline on. Congrats to UC on the win and with Speed running yall offense like he did last night, aside the fumble, with the pitch, he will be hard to stop. He runs it well.

Good luck to UC the rest of the way and hopefully this wont break us.