District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Still wondering why an intention foul wasn't called after Crowe was more or less pancaked breaking the press. To his credit, Z-man limped to the line and sank 2. A good effort on senior night. The Indians finish 10-4 in the district.

Also dont know why a flagrant wasnt called on Trey's first dunk, kind of rediculous, but atleast they got the win. I can see Harpeth winning the tournament.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth's win over CW was big........considering illness all week and a less than spectacular first half by the Indians. The 2nd half intensity was a catalyst for Harpeth. The game turned rough in the 2nd half and the officials almost lost control of the game.

Assuming Harpeth takes care of business as expected on Monday night against SC, we're likely to see Harpeth and Sycamore tangle for a third time on Thursday. Harpeth hasn't been able to put four full quarters together to beat the War Eagles and Sycamore always brings their best game against Harpeth. As evenly matched as the two teams are, it will be difficult for Sycamore to beat Harpeth a third time.

CW has the easier road as the #1 seed so we should see them in the finals. Fairview and Waverly do battle again on Monday.........I think it will be a tighter game than most people expect with Fairview coming out on top. If Fairview advances, I don't see them getting by CW in the semis.

I agree the game got very rough in the 2nd half and the tackling of Crowe had to be intentional no questions asked. Props to him for knocking down the free throws at the end. Trey dunk attempt I also thought was dirty not to mention the play by number 32 punching the ball out of Horkins hands and trying to get into it with trey.

If Harpeth could put 4 quarters together there is no team even close to their potential but if they cant put the quarters together thats all it is...potential.

Sorry guys, I was standing less than 10 feet from the Crowe pancake, there was nothing intentional about it, just a little out of control and physical, but NOT intentional.

I was very impressed with the way Harpeth gutted this one out, similar to the Fairview game on Tuesday.

Kudos to Zman (Crowe) for hitting those free-throws down the stretch. His meant the most at the moment. Trey missed two 1-n-1 front ends that would have put the game away. Thank goodness they finally started getting the ball in Mr. Automatic's hands.

Going to be an interesting tournament. Go Indians! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Props to Coach Taylor and the Red Hawks on an outstanding regular season and good luck to them as well from here on out.

Ok got to stand up a little for my Hawks. Yes, JP was trying to keep Trey from throwing one down but it was in no way meant to be flagrant. He grabbed at the ball and was not trying to hurt Trey in any way. Austin didn't mean to run over Crowe. Coach wanted us to foul and Austin couldn't stop his momentum. Not sure what happened with Aaron(32) but we have a good intense rivalry with the Indians and got to give it up to them for a great game last night. Hope to see you guys next week at the Wood.

Also dont know why a flagrant wasnt called on Trey's first dunk, kind of rediculous, but atleast they got the win. I can see Harpeth winning the tournament.

The foul on Trey was not flagrant because 22 was going for the ball and got on him on the arm. 32 for C.W. was going after a lose ball that should have been a live ball. There was a 1 and 1 free throw that was missed and the refs for some reason blew the whistle. The refs made a mistake. The foul at the end of the game on Crowe was 14 for C.W. going after a lose ball hard and crowe got to it first and 14 could not stop. Also 14 checked on Crowe while he was walking to the free throw line and again after he got there. Nothing dirty in this game by either team. Hard fought game won by Harpeth. Congrats. Some people thought this one would not mean much since it did not affect the standings. If it was this intense with nothing riding on it, what will it be like if they meet in the tournaments.

Where is the district tournament and dates? One website says they play at Cheatham and another at Creekwood. Do the guys play Mon-Wed-Fri and the girls Tues-Thurs-Sat?

Boys play Mon, Thur, Mon. Girls play Tue, Fri, Tue. Mon and Tue are satellite games. Thur, Fri, and the following Mon and Tue are at Creek Wood.

Dude, that's tough. I think you have to start with the all district team from your school and then whittle it down from there.

Here's my 5 from Harpeth:

Josh Goodwin

Shane Dansby

Kevin Giltner

Scott Newton

Trey Caruthers

This group has 6 district MVP's among them between 99-00 and now. Goodwin's got 3 by himself. That's stronger than a 2 ft. whale rope. I say Josh Goodwin is the all decade MVP.

Sorry guys I haven't been able to check it lately but for Stewart Co here would be my team here with bench and role players.

PG-Aaron Brigham

SG-Jake West

SF-Dylan Smith

PF-Jared Lancaster

C-Jacob Taylor

Bench

SG-Boone Smith

SF-Lee Hargis

SF-David Parr

PF-Gino Bernal

PG-Cody Wallace

I have West and Smith on perimeter but they could play down low obviously. SC is not known for good perimeter players but more for post players.

Predictions for tomorrow night? We have:

Cheatham @ Creekwood

Montgomery Central @ Sycamore

Stewart County @ Harpeth

Waverly @ Fairview

I'm going to go with the higher seeds in each game. I don't think Waverly is playing as a team well enough to pull off the upset that is the most likely.