District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

i laughed at the last post. if johnson didnt seem to play that style, why did he foul out, just like he did at the harpeth game, and the creek wood game.

if waverly matched the physical playe of fairview, why was it a foul when a fairview player did it and not when a waverly player did it? both teams player hard and physical last night but at one end it was a foul and the other is was a play on with no whistle. doesn't make a lot of sense. and dont give me the number of fouls were even because that is a crock. leonard gets whistled for two hand checkling fouls and gilbert another after the fairview coaches complained they only had 2 fouls. refs can even the number of fouls called but it is no means an indication of how the game was called.

i know that when you press and put a lot of pressure on the ball fouls happen. but when they happen for one team and not the other you have to question the calls when both teams are playing the same type of defense.

there is a difference in physical play and dirty play. dirty plays are undercutting a person shooting a layup or dunk, shoving people after the whistle or with the intent to hurt some one. I have not seen this out of any teams this year with the exception of CW and SC. SC seems to play this way the more they get behind and CW does it to get you off your game hoping that you retaliate. Harpeth, Sycamore, Fairview, Cheatham, Waverly and MC dont play that way and hats off to their coaches for that.

as for the rest of the tourny:

CW by 20 over Waverly

Hapreth by 2 over Sycamore

CW by 5 over harepth in the championship

Sycamore by 20 over Waverly in the consolation

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"there is a difference in physical play and dirty play. dirty plays are undercutting a person shooting a layup or dunk, shoving people after the whistle or with the intent to hurt some one. I have not seen this out of any teams this year with the exception of CW and SC. SC seems to play this way the more they get behind and CW does it to get you off your game hoping that you retaliate. "

No offense, but what game of ours have you seen us play like that?

There's ways to play dirty without being all that physical. Grabbing jerseys or shorts, stepping on shoes, forearm shivers when the ref isn't looking, coming around screens and on box outs. I think most teams play with some of what I'd call dirty play. I think Trey has hit the floor the last 4 or 5 games on dunk attempts. Some guys would rather give up an and one than a dunk it seems. You're not going to get an intentional foul on those intentional fouls if the shorts stay on.

I won't take up for the refs other than to say that they should be consistent. Most of the boys games end up in the double bonus for both teams in each half. There's a lot of games that could be won if teams could just hit their free throws. The zebras are going to miss some calls and they could call carrying all game long on some guys. There's a balance. They should know the rules, however. No excuse there.

That being said, again, it would not surprise me if Fairview averaged 2 guys a game fouling out with the style they play and the substitution patterns that they use. You have to have a pretty deep bench to stay out of foul trouble with their style. Physical, in your grill defense is going to be the norm in the post season.

the only reason bledsoe didn't foul is because he is about the only player that wasn't dirty, Fairview is extremely dirty no doubt about it. And if your speaking of Josh Graham walking off the court theirs no excuse for him doing that, Can't wait for the tigers to take the red hawks for the second time, I think if waverly plays with all their heart they will come out victorious, Go Tigers and Kudos to Drew Bledsoe he is a great player with what i believe is bad coaching LOL, I doesn't matter anyways, Go tigers

i laughed at the last post. if johnson didnt seem to play that style, why did he foul out, just like he did at the harpeth game, and the creek wood game.

if waverly matched the physical playe of fairview, why was it a foul when a fairview player did it and not when a waverly player did it? both teams player hard and physical last night but at one end it was a foul and the other is was a play on with no whistle. doesn't make a lot of sense. and dont give me the number of fouls were even because that is a crock. leonard gets whistled for two hand checkling fouls and gilbert another after the fairview coaches complained they only had 2 fouls. refs can even the number of fouls called but it is no means an indication of how the game was called.

i know that when you press and put a lot of pressure on the ball fouls happen. but when they happen for one team and not the other you have to question the calls when both teams are playing the same type of defense.

there is a difference in physical play and dirty play. dirty plays are undercutting a person shooting a layup or dunk, shoving people after the whistle or with the intent to hurt some one. I have not seen this out of any teams this year with the exception of CW and SC. SC seems to play this way the more they get behind and CW does it to get you off your game hoping that you retaliate. Harpeth, Sycamore, Fairview, Cheatham, Waverly and MC dont play that way and hats off to their coaches for that.

as for the rest of the tourny:

CW by 20 over Waverly

Hapreth by 2 over Sycamore

CW by 5 over harepth in the championship

Sycamore by 20 over Waverly in the consolation

Decent post til you left Frv. off the dirty list.As a matter of fact they are the only team that should be

on the list.The dirty play isnt happening in the press its on the blocks.They pull shirts,slap,elbow,pretty

much anything they can get by with.When the refs. call it you get what you got last night,a bunch of

players on the bench fouled out.Check team fouls for the year and I bet Frv. has the most by a mile,

and many of them were cheap shots and dirty play.SC plays physical,not dirty.CW plays physical

but not dirty.I know coach Taylor doesnt coach that way.

"there is a difference in physical play and dirty play. dirty plays are undercutting a person shooting a layup or dunk, shoving people after the whistle or with the intent to hurt some one. I have not seen this out of any teams this year with the exception of CW and SC. SC seems to play this way the more they get behind and CW does it to get you off your game hoping that you retaliate. "

No offense, but what game of ours have you seen us play like that?

I have seen actions of this nature at a number of schools overs the years. I don't think it was a coached thing except maybe for one time. It is always good to see a coach respond to such an incident by pulling his player and correcting his attitude etc.

Kudos to the Harpeth coach over the T in the Sycamore/Harpeth games recently. He handled it well, and I think coaches actions in these situations help to de-escalate tensions on the floor.

Easy to forget sometimes it is just a game!

the only reason bledsoe didn't foul is because he is about the only player that wasn't dirty, Fairview is extremely dirty no doubt about it. And if your speaking of Josh Graham walking off the court theirs no excuse for him doing that, Can't wait for the tigers to take the red hawks for the second time, I think if waverly plays with all their heart they will come out victorious, Go Tigers and Kudos to Drew Bledsoe he is a great player with what i believe is bad coaching LOL, I doesn't matter anyways, Go tigers

Funny thing is, Bledsoe's dad is the coach. But I don't think he is a bad coach at all. Fairview's nerves completely blew up in the game last night and they completely lost their composure once they realized they could lose the game. It was a very interesting game in the fact that Waverly had so many turnovers and still managed to pull out the upset in double overtime. Bledsoe really stepped up and held his composure as he had to basically take on Waverly single-handedly in OT. I wouldn't call Bledsoe or Johnson dirty players though, but the others yes. If Fairview wasn't so slap happy they would have won this game. But no, I don't think Fairviews style of play has been coached, the coaches son is one of the classiest players in the district.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I'm not going to criticize physical play. I think there are times when physical play will absolutely take a team by surprise that wasn't expecting it. I thought Harpeth took Stewart County completely out of their game with a physical press, the so called '40 minutes of hel!' The price you can pay though is getting in foul trouble. Tricks of the trade don't bother me either. That's part of the game. Usually, that's when you'll see a retaliation foul that's not quite so concealed. Making the other team lose their composure is part of the strategy too. Get 'em rattled and then have your way. There is a limit however. Cutting guys legs out from under them while they're in the air, throwing elbows towards the head and the like will get kids hurt.

Read other post from many true SC fans and determine if any respect has been given by the coach to the players or fans by this young coach. Respect goes two ways ask the players. They don't feel any from the conversation I have overheard

Seems this new coach has a problem earnig respect ! The other night against Houston Co. he started 5 seniors and won the game.The previous meeting HC won by 10+. There wasnt 5 seniors on the court all night that game.So good job Seniors you showed everyone what you could do when given the chance. If the Seniors was givin the chance there would be more wins in the won lost column.You earned respect that night Seniors maybe it will rub off on someone GREAT JOB SENIORS!

The semi's and finals will be held at Waverly. I believe the first round is held at the higher seeds. The 1's and 2's from each district host.

The key is to get to the semi's. The goal for all of these four teams left is NOT to be the number 4 seed in our district which means a road game to Bolivar and elimination.