Hampton and Cosby

pujo

You sound like your trying to set someone up to say something they shouldn't /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Cosby is in Cocke County but its nothing like the same as Newport. Newport is a fine town but Cosby and the people there are proud to be there own little community. There are very OLLLLLDDDD reasons that Cosby and CCHS dont play. You may see it in the future but not now.

Oh in no way am I trying to set up anything or anyone. I mean a lot of schools play each other that are close. Look around the state. With CCHS being in the shape that they are in, seems that playing a game to where you can draw a big gate... especially with a "backyard battle" ring to it would be great for both schools. I am a complete outsider that has family near Newport. Just some of the things I hear up there, even though thay are silly, just do not make sense. What are these old reasons you speak of and why would those reasons prevent a "Civil War" type game from going on now. looks like you people up there are missing the boat, especially when you do not play them in other sports.... thats just silly.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh in no way am I trying to set up anything or anyone. I mean a lot of schools play each other that are close. Look around the state. With CCHS being in the shape that they are in, seems that playing a game to where you can draw a big gate... especially with a "backyard battle" ring to it would be great for both schools. I am a complete outsider that has family near Newport. Just some of the things I hear up there, even though thay are silly, just do not make sense. What are these old reasons you speak of and why would those reasons prevent a "Civil War" type game from going on now. looks like you people up there are missing the boat, especially when you do not play them in other sports.... thats just silly.

Its a lose lose situation for them(CCHS) even with a big gate. Last year was the first year since sometime in the 80's that they would have even had a chance in Basketball and we probably would have been able to getem in Football for the last 4 years (they will argue about that though) Its lose lose cause if they win they were supposed to and if they lose it would be really bad so they don't see it as a good thing for them. After all you are talking about a school with 1200 or more students against one with around 400 , so it really doesnt set up well. Cosby couldnt hold the people that would show for Football or basketball if we played them.

Its a lose lose situation for them(CCHS) even with a big gate. Last year was the first year since sometime in the 80's that they would have even had a chance in Basketball and we probably would have been able to getem in Football for the last 4 years (they will argue about that though) Its lose lose cause if they win they were supposed to and if they lose it would be really bad so they don't see it as a good thing for them. After all you are talking about a school with 1200 or more students against one with around 400 , so it really doesnt set up well. Cosby couldnt hold the people that would show for Football or basketball if we played them.

Sounds like the making of a great series IMO. So why not play all the games at Cocke County? I mean I know you lose the "home field" basis of it, but if you guys are as strong against them as stated, then it would be funny if you got them year in and year out. What about playing at neutral sites? There are probably not any near you guys. Or maybe play games like some colleges do where you have some 3 to 1's.... I dunno. Sounds like you would get more fans at either site if you played the actual game then other games anyways. I say play the game and sell tickets in advance! That way your season ticket pakages would go up for people wanting the one big game only. You could technically sell-out all your "season tickets".... has Cosby ever done that before? I know Cocke County hasn't!

Pujo you really think Hampton would be a 14 point fav on the road AT Cosby? Thats almost disrespectful, but you always have a good opinion about things so i wont bother you about it. Oh and the correct term for us is COSBANIANS!!!

Why is coming to Cosby a tough win? The only reason Hampton should have any trouble is if they slip on a MUFFIN or two out on the field and fall down. Pujo is being kind given you only a 14 point deficit. If anything, Pujo is being disrespectful to his own team. As long as there are not MUFFINS all over the field that Hampton could trip on, Hampton will take down Cosby by 21 atleast.

Why is coming to Cosby a tough win? The only reason Hampton should have any trouble is if they slip on a MUFFIN or two out on the field and fall down. Pujo is being kind given you only a 14 point deficit. If anything, Pujo is being disrespectful to his own team. As long as there are not MUFFINS all over the field that Hampton could trip on, Hampton will take down Cosby by 21 atleast.

We havent lost at home this year and haven't lost there a whole lot the last 4 years. Could be reason to believe playing at cosby is tough. Ask pujo about the last time his dogs were there , they got the win but it was FAR from easy.

We havent lost at home this year and haven't lost there a whole lot the last 4 years. Could be reason to believe playing at cosby is tough. Ask pujo about the last time his dogs were there , they got the win but it was FAR from easy.

Exactly, most teams that come to Cosby are MUFFINS. In the past when good teams like PUJO's come, they win. Want be any different this Friday. Can't wait to watch the game with Pujo and DawgBreath. Should be fun.

:

Exactly, most teams that come to Cosby are MUFFINS. In the past when good teams like PUJO's come, they win. Want be any different this Friday. Can't wait to watch the game with Pujo and DawgBreath. Should be fun.

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I think slick rick has lost it. Don't even justify him with an answer. The game will be played Friday night. Who knows where he will be. Not at Cosby I'm sure. It's a shame that grown men antagonize kids playing sports. I hope Hampton wins the game but I'm sure the kids want to win on both sides. I have nothing but respect for both teams. They go out and bust their ###### and get little recognition except for a few players. I will be at Cosby Friday night. Can't wait.

Thank you. Your words are kind and actually make sense. Unlike the rants of leroy and his ambAssador. I'm certain this game will be worth the price of admission & popcorn. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Hampton always has our respect and full attention. I know quite a few of our fans who are always rootin' for the Bulldogs. Except of course when their playin our Eagles! You should of heard the roar from our crowd when they announced your score against Grace. You could definitely tell who everyone was pullin for! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice post. This bulldog fan will be pulling for Cosby when they play TGCA too! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

:

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I think slick rick has lost it. Don't even justify him with an answer. The game will be played Friday night. Who knows where he will be. Not at Cosby I'm sure. It's a shame that grown men antagonize kids playing sports. I hope Hampton wins the game but I'm sure the kids want to win on both sides. I have nothing but respect for both teams. They go out and bust their ###### and get little recognition except for a few players. I will be at Cosby Friday night. Can't wait.

DogBreath,

I don't know a Rick. My name is Leon. It's going to be a good time with you and Pujo Friday night. Can't wait.

It sounds like Hampton is gearing up to put one on Cosby. If Cosby could beat Hampton then it would turn the region upside down. I still don't think Cosby will beat the boys from Hampton, but anything is possible with Old24Eagle on your side. Hampton by 2 touchdowns. If Cosby upsets Hampton then Cosby will not have to worry about having the muffin tag anymore this season.