RHEA or RED BANK

I don't know, much less care, where the "trick plays" come from. The fact is, offensively nearly everything is working. Looks like the guys are really clicking. Defensively, if we play a four man front, I really like our chances of stopping Red Bank on offense. It has worked better than the three man front in every game we have played.

Supposedly "wanting it more" is not the end-all to winning a football game. They must execute, tackle and play disciplined football. However, if the boys come out flat like they did Friday night, its going to be a taller task.

On a personal note, I was told by someone at the game that several of Rusty Shackleford's predictions were either quoted or paraphrased by the Head Man himself in a tirade against guys buying into CoachT hype in the post-game huddle. I'm not sure how flattered I should be. While I surprisingly agree with the man on this one, I think we've got too many players and coaches reading and/or posting on here.

Like Pride said, its more than just 'want-to', its got to be executed and disciplined as well. I think they can do it.

Eagles 23

Lions 17

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, much less care, where the "trick plays" come from. The fact is, offensively nearly everything is working. Looks like the guys are really clicking. Defensively, if we play a four man front, I really like our chances of stopping Red Bank on offense. It has worked better than the three man front in every game we have played.

Supposedly "wanting it more" is not the end-all to winning a football game. They must execute, tackle and play disciplined football. However, if the boys come out flat like they did Friday night, its going to be a taller task.

On a personal note, I was told by someone at the game that several of Rusty Shackleford's predictions were either quoted or paraphrased by the Head Man himself in a tirade against guys buying into CoachT hype in the post-game huddle. I'm not sure how flattered I should be. While I surprisingly agree with the man on this one, I think we've got too many players and coaches reading and/or posting on here.

Like Pride said, its more than just 'want-to', its got to be executed and disciplined as well. I think they can do it.

Eagles 23

Lions 17

Couldn't agree more. I wish Friday would hurry up and get here!

IMHO.... The keys to success always have been and always will be Execution and Discipline. With that being said I will also say the "wanting it more" factor is what keeps the kids on the field executing on every play and staying disciplined late in the 4th of an extremely emotional game. Which this game is sure to be extremely emotional.

Wether or not this is determined by "who wants it more" or simply who executes is not the big picture here... while i respect everyones' opinions i think some might be losing the big focus of supporting out home town team... I'm not trying to pick out a single person this just goes for everybody including myself... A game has to do with both of these factors mentioned "who wants it" and who goes out and "executes" it doesn't reflect soley on either or.. Everyone on here brings out good points.. and while the offense in much the same as when Kinney was here, it seems to be working much better this year then in the recent past.. Our eagles are 6-1 (4-0) and the region championship is on the line for the next 2 weeks.. If Rhea comes out and plays a full game and doesn't drag in either half then they should pull this one out while it will still be a close game... Coach Cameron has definitely had a bad rep. for being too conservative and we all know why... but also this year his play calling, while not completely pulling away from being to conservative at times has definitely improved from where it stood last year and the year before.. I'm (expecting) hoping that the eagles pull this one out and move one step closer to being able to not only play Maryville at home but to BEAT them finally.. but until that time comes they need to take it one game at a time.. I plan to make the trip Friday night... GOOD LUCK...... GO EAGLES

With the Brown kid out for us who steps up in his place?This could be the factor because i just do not think we can run the ball up and down the field on a good defense like Red Bank.

I wouldn't say that just yet. A.J.'s back up is Ricky Jordan who as of late has had some good practices and played decent the last few weeks. Just have to wait and see.

Wether or not this is determined by "who wants it more" or simply who executes is not the big picture here... while i respect everyones' opinions i think some might be losing the big focus of supporting out home town team... I'm not trying to pick out a single person this just goes for everybody including myself... A game has to do with both of these factors mentioned "who wants it" and who goes out and "executes" it doesn't reflect soley on either or.. Everyone on here brings out good points.. and while the offense in much the same as when Kinney was here, it seems to be working much better this year then in the recent past.. Our eagles are 6-1 (4-0) and the region championship is on the line for the next 2 weeks.. If Rhea comes out and plays a full game and doesn't drag in either half then they should pull this one out while it will still be a close game... Coach Cameron has definitely had a bad rep. for being too conservative and we all know why... but also this year his play calling, while not completely pulling away from being to conservative at times has definitely improved from where it stood last year and the year before.. I'm (expecting) hoping that the eagles pull this one out and move one step closer to being able to not only play Maryville at home but to BEAT them finally.. but until that time comes they need to take it one game at a time.. I plan to make the trip Friday night... GOOD LUCK...... GO EAGLES

Agreed. I don't think any of us meant to say that playing hard doesn't matter. Nothing makes me prouder than watching my boys laying it all on the line on a Friday night. Several times over the past few years I've seen our team leave it all out there on the field only to have their efforts undermined by poor coaching, and that burns me up. Let's try not to chase that rabbit again though. I believe Walt has done a good job this year. That being said, the spectacular play of AJ Brown has helped him out tremendously. God only knows why we couldn't get the ball in his hands in the past, but I'll give Coach Cameron the credit for getting the job done over the past 7 games. There's no doubt AJ is the catalyst of this great passing game. Stone and Swafford do a good job complimenting him as well. That being said, I'd like to see us come out and establish the running game. Rice can pound the rock and needs his carries while Moffet is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. This offense can be tough to stop, but in my opinion, in order to win games deep into the playoffs a team must have balanced, well rounded offensive attack. Last year we had one of the most dominant running games I've ever seen in high school football. Two scholarship running backs running behind 3 division 1 linemen, but Maryville made us look like Dayton City. You have to be strong in all aspects of the game in order to beat that team. We'll also have to pull out a few more tricks from the sleeve of that green windbreaker.

GQ and crew are not our concern now though. We have to win this region over these next two weeks. It's been almost ten years since we've done it, and we're too close not to finish this now. I expect Rhea County's biggest win in years to come on Friday night. Then next weeks victory will be even bigger (and sweeter). We have the talent. We have community support. And so far we have the little bit of luck necessary to be undefeated in region 4-4A. Hopefully we can continue that against some good competition over the next 2 weeks.

Agreed. I don't think any of us meant to say that playing hard doesn't matter. Nothing makes me prouder than watching my boys laying it all on the line on a Friday night. Several times over the past few years I've seen our team leave it all out there on the field only to have their efforts undermined by poor coaching, and that burns me up. Let's try not to chase that rabbit again though. I believe Walt has done a good job this year. That being said, the spectacular play of AJ Brown has helped him out tremendously. God only knows why we couldn't get the ball in his hands in the past, but I'll give Coach Cameron the credit for getting the job done over the past 7 games. There's no doubt AJ is the catalyst of this great passing game. Stone and Swafford do a good job complimenting him as well. That being said, I'd like to see us come out and establish the running game. Rice can pound the rock and needs his carries while Moffet is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. This offense can be tough to stop, but in my opinion, in order to win games deep into the playoffs a team must have balanced, well rounded offensive attack. Last year we had one of the most dominant running games I've ever seen in high school football. Two scholarship running backs running behind 3 division 1 linemen, but Maryville made us look like Dayton City. You have to be strong in all aspects of the game in order to beat that team. We'll also have to pull out a few more tricks from the sleeve of that green windbreaker.

GQ and crew are not our concern now though. We have to win this region over these next two weeks. It's been almost ten years since we've done it, and we're too close not to finish this now. I expect Rhea County's biggest win in years to come on Friday night. Then next weeks victory will be even bigger (and sweeter). We have the talent. We have community support. And so far we have the little bit of luck necessary to be undefeated in region 4-4A. Hopefully we can continue that against some good competition over the next 2 weeks.

I agree completely... Our boys will have to win every aspects of the game including the struggling field goal unit... Davis has a strong leg but has to become more consistent especially for this game, we all know this is bound to be a close one and you never know when that PAT is going to be a deciding factor in the game.. AJ has played outstanding and every week teams know he is going to get the ball but they have yet to fully contain his abilities and Rice is a great runner i agree that he needs more carries, he's a good back who runs hard and always keeps his legs moving, Moffett is no doubt a great player which teams have had trouble stopping, if Rice had more carries it would become even harder to stop moffett because the Defense wouldn't be able to focus on only him getting carries but also have to worry about another back who could have great success running if given the chance.. Swafford and Stone are both very aggressive players, while AJ is so dominant in what he does he would also become a greater threat if the ball was thrown to the other 2 receivers a littler more often.. But this success also comes in help from Cameron Tallent who is showing great poise to only be a sophomore, He has great potential and will only get better as he progresses over the next 2 and a half years... Another huge factor is the domination that the O-Line seems to have each and every week, even with Revis out for a couple of weeks the line was still impressive.. If Rhea uses all of their weapons there is no telling how far they could go this year, this team looks better every week and seems to grow stronger as a unit especially after the loss to McMinn...