Gallatin (6-1, 4-0) VS Hunters Lane (7-0, 4-0)

Gtowner

I'd like to start by saying that this is possibly the best Gallatin team that I've seen under the Lassiter regime to date. There is raw talent and for the first time, it is getting used to its full potential. Hats off to the play calling!

To my good friend, Warrior09, it must be tough to accept a 37 spot hung on your unbeatable defense. Maybe you should have said no one but Cody Matthews, Sanchez Holder and the rest of Wave offense can pound away at will on us, LOL. Seriously, I hope you guys do well from here on. Do some damage for us in the first round of the playoffs.

Alright Wave, enjoy the victory, but be ready for the Commandos next week, for the Region 5-5A crown!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firtst and foremost, congratulations to Gallatin.

I attended the game. Hunters Lane appeared to have the upper hand and better team for much of the game.

After a HL score made it 20-10, Gallatin had a huge return on the ensuing kickoff. This lead to a score on a pass on 4th and goal from the 1. Gallatin then stopped HL and forced a 3 and out. The momentum shifted, Gallatin began to roll, and my Warriors could not stop Gallatin from that point on out. I must also comment that Gallatin is perhaps the most improved team in the state in the past year. Last season, we defeated Gallatin 35-0. This season, they returned the favor. Surprisingly, the game was won in the trenches for Gallatin. People comment on HL's speed. Those in the know realize their true strength is their linemen. Tonight, Gallatin won the majority of the snaps at the line of scrimmage. Hats off. Gallatin is tough, physical, and determined, just as they have been traditionally.

While I'm at it, Warrior09 is not a football player, just a kid that attends HL and by no means represents us. Although I graduated last spring, I still keep up with my boys and know what's going on.

Most of the Gallatin faithful are die hard fans who love their team but are sportsmanlike. Coach Lassiter has always appeared to be a man of integrity and his teams reflect that. However, Squash must still be hurting from the severe agony of 2003. Seek therapy.

And finally, the positive comments on HL's sportsmanship and character are appreciated. But understand, HL was never unsportsmanlike or lacking of character. What occurred in 2003 was a result of the supreme emotional pain from HL thrashing you and effectively ending your season after the unfortunate situation with the forfeits and McGavock. HL did tonight what it has done ever since Coach Campbell became the head coach: ask the opposing team to hold a group prayer at midfield at the conclusion of the game. Every game. Win or lose. Gallatin was not in the mood to pray with HL in 2003. This lead to some uneasy feelings. HL was upset and embarassed tonight after getting whipped. But they did what was right and remained sportsmanlike and Christian.

Gallatin, celebrate tonight and all weekend. You earned it.

You just might see the Warriors in round 3.

The game last night was exactly what I thought it would be... tough smash mouth football. My hats off to Gallatin for the win. Gallatin played hard football and so did the Lane. It was the fairest called game by the referees in several years coming to Gallatin to play.

It was a devestating loss for Hunters Lane, but rest assured we are not down and out by any means. Gallatin will see us agein in the playoffs.

I hope that the Hunter's Lane team realizes that what you do in practice shows on the game field. I am not going to go into detail but some HLHS players know exactly what I am talking about.

Gallatin has the best fan support out of any team we play, but I have to wonder about the fans that come to the visitor's side and start talking serious trash during the game. Some of the things that were said were uncalled for and obnoxious. It is not true for all fans, but what I saw last night was just pitiful.

For those of you at the game, I just wanted to let everyone know that Ezell is okay and he rode home with the team. He will be back at practice on Monday and ready to play Friday.

It was a very emotional game and I once again congratulate Gallatin on the victory. But watch out you will see us again.

The game last night was exactly what I thought it would be... tough smash mouth football. My hats off to Gallatin for the win. Gallatin played hard football and so did the Lane. It was the fairest called game by the referees in several years coming to Gallatin to play.

It was a devestating loss for Hunters Lane, but rest assured we are not down and out by any means. Gallatin will see us agein in the playoffs.

I hope that the Hunter's Lane team realizes that what you do in practice shows on the game field. I am not going to go into detail but some HLHS players know exactly what I am talking about.

Gallatin has the best fan support out of any team we play, but I have to wonder about the fans that come to the visitor's side and start talking serious trash during the game. Some of the things that were said were uncalled for and obnoxious. It is not true for all fans, but what I saw last night was just pitiful.

For those of you at the game, I just wanted to let everyone know that Ezell is okay and he rode home with the team. He will be back at practice on Monday and ready to play Friday.

It was a very emotional game and I once again congratulate Gallatin on the victory. But watch out you will see us again.

"It was the fairest called game by the referees in several years coming to Gallatin to play." You say that like we always have homefield referees. "Watch out you will see us again." Judging by what I saw last night, I sure as heck hope we get to play HLHS again. For all of you HLHS players, parents, anb supporters that got on here and talked about the Warriors all mighty, unbeatable, dominating defense; keep making those comments on here because all it does is get other teams fired up and all it did was motivate the Green Wave even more. The Warriors defense got turboed.

I have to take some offense to that as well. The refs have had very little to do with the outcome of those games. Look at those scores...every one was by 10+ points. Meaning multiple scores. Those past games were won by superior Gallatin football teams. As for the fans on the other side of the stadium. Yeah sometimes they are rough. They get under your skin and the opposing players. It is intimidating. It is homefield advantage. I personally don't sit over there but I have heard several stories about how the visitor fans have been just as rude and obnoxious. They sit over there every week and have for years. Frankly I love it. I enjoy seeing all those Green and Gold clad fans on that side cheering the Wave on.

HLHS, I will not go into detail about 2003. Enough has been said about that game and what happened after the game and before. Lets just say that attitudes have changed on both sides for the better.

For all the Hunters Lane faithful I do hope you do well in the playoffs. Everybody in this region has had to deal with the arrogance from the Williamson County schools. Personally I hope we can shut some of the smack talk up this year. It will not be easy but before this region dissolves I would hope for some payback. Good luck again and maybe down the road we can have another game.

I HAVE SEEN BOTH TEAMS PLAY THIS YEAR...I GIVE THE EDGE TO HUNTERS LANE...THE WARRIORS ARE STRONGER...FASTER AND MORE ATHLETIC....HUNTERS LANE OFFENSIVE LINE WILL DOMINATE GALLATINS DEFENSIVE LINE....HUNTERS LANE WILL WIN BATTLE OF THE BIG GUYS IN THE TRENCHES...ONLY WAY GALLATIN CAN WIN THIS GAME IS OUT SCORE HUNTERS LANE....GALLATIN WILL HAVE TO PUT THE BALL IN THE AIR AT LEAST 50 % OF THE TIME IN THIS BALL GAME ...GALLATIN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN ON HUNTERS LANE 'S TOUGH OUTSTANDING " D "...GOOD LUCK GREEN WAVE AND HOPE U PULL THIS ONE OUT

HUNTERS LANE .... 27

GALLATIN ............14

I would suggest you not go into the scouting profession.