CAK vs Oliver Springs

FootballDad

With Sweetwater and Rockwood looming the next couple of weeks

I don't know about Rockwood but CAK has absolutely nothing to worry about with Sweetwater. I'm not sure what has happened to them this season but they are really weak. Webb beat them 49-0 and pulled their starters after the first series of the second half. CAK will handle them easily.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think you are correct. I'm wondering if SW has been a little like CAK this year. At times good and at times inconsistent. CAK has the talent but they can't afford to overlook anyone! I think SW has a running, athletic QB, and this kind of offense has been dificult for CAK to stop at times this year (i.e. Loudon.)

This is for you gjredskin:

1st- There was not one "f" bomb said by anybody coach or fan.

2nd- The Loudon coaches went to their sideline because Coach Harig asked them to.They were not asked to leave.

3rd- The coach that has been there for a long time was not the guilty party.So maybe you should get your facts straight before you post.

4th-It is awfully brave to post and talk about someone behind a computer without giving a name.

I will revise my post. It was not my intention to attack anyone or make it into anything personal.

IF a coach at any game gets into any negative conversation with fans it can turn ugly looks bad on the community

I apologize for my poorly worded post. and GO BIG RED

if cak doesnt make the playoffs i think theres room in their budget to buy there way in, what great donors they have at that school.

"Whoever has the money, has the power"

Yea-happens all the time-that's why privates have zero representation on TSSAA board(and probably never will) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> No whining here-we made the choice to send my kids there for several reasons, despite going to public school my whole life. By the way, everything on our campus has been built by the parents outside of tuition so we'll get there eventually -- you can even come and help us break in the new bathrooms /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would like to think you are correct. I'm wondering if SW has been a little like CAK this year. At times good and at times inconsistent. CAK has the talent but they can't afford to overlook anyone! I think SW has a running, athletic QB, and this kind of offense has been dificult for CAK to stop at times this year (i.e. Loudon.)

Loudon has the spread zone option, whereas Sweetwater has what appears to be a triple option look. But I noticed in the Loudon game, the QB never pitched. It's more of a QB left, QB right offense. The QB is athletic though and could cause problems.

This is for you gjredskin:

1st- There was not one "f" bomb said by anybody coach or fan.

2nd- The Loudon coaches went to their sideline because Coach Harig asked them to.They were not asked to leave.

3rd- The coach that has been there for a long time was not the guilty party.So maybe you should get your facts straight before you post.

4th-It is awfully brave to post and talk about someone behind a computer without giving a name.

#1 yes the f bomb was used

#2 I spoke with the resource officer. He was brought up there by the OS fans. He did not ask the coaches to leave they decided to leave on their own.

# 3 It was the younger coach who had the confrontation with the fans. When you decide to coach and represent the school and town you have to act professionally. You cannot confront fans.

# I've yet to see any names on here. Get over it. If you don't want people to talk about you don't act like a fool in front of a whole crowd of people.

Whats up Catback? GO BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I got your back....

With that said, my son plays for OS and I always ask him after each game, how was it on the field? ie..(opposing players talking trash, or pinching and biting in the pile, LOL etc.etc...). He plays both ways and said the Loudon and the Alcoa players played with the most class. Saying things like good block, good hit, nice catch, or helping him up from the ground, very little trash talk or cursing from either team. This to me speaks volumes about a team and community, more so than a coach acting like a child, and your right every community has'em. Good luck to Loudon Alcoa, and CAK. OS drops to 1A next year, and these regions foes will be history! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey C-Back I think Wartburg fans echo that sentiment about being in 1A!! I realize this is a CAK-OS thread, but I honestly believe that the OS-Wartburg game will be a competitive contest this year. I know Wartburg's ranks are nearly depleted from injuries and they have 6-7 starters out for the year, but I'm looking forward to that game. BTW, I was surprised to hear about the situation at OS last friday. I can honestly say that I always enjoy watching gamws at OS-it's a really good atmosphere with one of the best concession stands around! Good luck to OS Friday and we'll see you at the Burg next Friday.

Your right, nothing against the fine folks in 2-A, but both of our schools should have been playing 1-A football for the last couple of years, OS plays 1-A in every sport but football, and it really shows when you play a region game, and the opposing team is dressing out 50-80 kids to your 30-40 kids. Good luck to the Burgh!

BBALLTN, don't be a stranger, basketball season starts pretty soon!

I'm almost afraid to say, but it is improving. #81 should be available. #88 was available last week and should be good to go as well. #9 seems to be healthy again. A few of the lineman are still dinged but they seem to be dealing with it ok. I think #2 is still feeling the effects of "turf toe" but is hanging tough. Even the JV's got #27 back from his hamstring injury and caught some passes lastnight.

The effort against Alcoa was encouraging and along with getting some players healthy again I'm optimistic about the last 3 games. Some consistency would go a long ways in helping this team rebound from several subpar performances. Good luck Warriors.

#23 probably out-foot injury, #27 may be back-ham is better, but ankle is hurt now. #81 good to go