Catholic vs Fulton

Photoman

HAHA Why would I be frustrated?? My team is going to the playoffs and yours is on the verge of missing the playoffs for the first time since like 1992. Good Luck.

Yes is can be depressing when you having a down year, but I'll still show my school pride and continue to smack talk in order to create a little more enthusiasm on these boards.

This discussion has been beaten like a dead horse over the past couple of years. And I know you probably do every thing legal according to Jesus and the TSSAA. It's not the recruiting that is the issue, it's that you play teams that don't allow it.

Go Falcons!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too will call Shenanigans on that....We have came out publicly and said we wanted Catholic on the schedule.

They won't play us...They are having too good of a time in the regular season going 10-0 against Baylor, Wartburg, Smith Co. and Seqoyah....

I love Catholic and Pemberton and wish they would play us...It will make us both better for the post season.

Come on BC, and Painted. When in the past have I written in Shenaniganeeze? A few years back (early 2006 I think) when Rankin came in, I had heard that Alcoa would be scrimmaging with Catholic in a spring game. Made plenty of sense to me as Rankin & Pemberton are from the same coaching tree, worked together previously, had some new guys they wanted to test,etc. So I find out the game is at Catholic, head that way, and am looking forward to watching Cobb to Sommer, Lanxter. Hicks, Sykes on D, etc. On the other side, H. Smith, Tait, etc. As it turned out, Smith was out, as was Sykes. Cobb was good, as was Sommer, and Tait was very good for Catholic. Hicks, and Lanxter were running track, as were Catholic kids playing baseball, I believe. From what I understand, Rankin, and Pemberton both wanted, and or still want to do it. I think they could care less about the gate. I have no idea why the Admin people can't get it together.

As far as matching up, I think it would be a close game. Don't think either team would be intimmidated based on how they got after it in a scrimmage. According to CoachT Catholic has played, Morristown West, Austin East, Webb, Anderson County, Livingston Acad, Stone Mem. Oh, and Baylor. Now Baylor has good talent. Pretty sure 2 of their more recent grads start at UT. Catholic, at least this year has not played Wartburg, Seqoyah, or Smith Co. So they played a couple of lesser team that are in their region....not unlike Alcoa.

According to CoachT Catholic has played, Morristown West, Austin East, Webb, Anderson County, Livingston Acad, Stone Mem. Oh, and Baylor. Now Baylor has good talent. Pretty sure 2 of their more recent grads start at UT. Catholic, at least this year has not played Wartburg, Seqoyah, or Smith Co. So they played a couple of lesser team that are in their region....not unlike Alcoa.

I was strictly going by non-conference games...we HAVE to play wartburg...KCHS does not.

Just saying....I think it would be a great game.

I was strictly going by non-conference games...we HAVE to play wartburg...KCHS does not.

Just saying....I think it would be a great game.

That was 3 years ago when Catholic played Wartburg and that game was scheduled in advanced when Coach Chait was the head coach. After Bearden backed out of the game with Catholic (I heard that Bearden's AD would not let them play the game) where was Alcoa at? That was why we picked up Mo-West. Where was Alcoa when Catholic was having to play non-region games at Harding Academy, Briarcrest Christian, MBA, Baylor, G-P. By the way over the last 9 years Catholic has not played Sequoyah in football. I've never seen in a public forum where Alcoa has asked to play Catholic, it would be a great game if they could get together. It'll be hard to do now with Catholic moving up and playing an 8 game district schedule and Webb (our rival). That leaves 1 region game for football.

Well, graduate, in 2005, and 2006 on the third Friday in August, Catholic went homh & home with the mighty Sequoyah. Winning both games 54-7 and 51-6. Do not try to correct me. We called Catholic for a game after WB and Heritage dropped us from their schedule. KC said no, so off to Kentucky we went.

Under the new and "improved" Z plan, we are going to be struggling more than ever to get a full schedule. We will only have FIVE (5) region games and will have to fill 4 more keeping Maryville on the schedule.

I am not like a lot of other fans of their favorite team, where winning is all that matters. It is a business as I have said MANY times, I want butts in the seats to help the schools get the things that they need to be a better school. Championships are great, and if you schedule strong, they will come. KCHS hopefully will learn that one day. CAK is learning and they are getting better everyday.

Well, graduate, in 2005, and 2006 on the third Friday in August, Catholic went homh & home with the mighty Sequoyah. Winning both games 54-7 and 51-6. Do not try to correct me. We called Catholic for a game after WB and Heritage dropped us from their schedule. KC said no, so off to Kentucky we went.

Under the new and "improved" Z plan, we are going to be struggling more than ever to get a full schedule. We will only have FIVE (5) region games and will have to fill 4 more keeping Maryville on the schedule.

I am not like a lot of other fans of their favorite team, where winning is all that matters. It is a business as I have said MANY times, I want butts in the seats to help the schools get the things that they need to be a better school. Championships are great, and if you schedule strong, they will come. KCHS hopefully will learn that one day. CAK is learning and they are getting better everyday.

What exactly is it that Catholic seems to need to learn from the business end of things. Our facilities are second to none in the area, we've got great crowds, and we're putting out a great product. Our schedule is plenty strong and has been for several years. We've played several teams in classifications above us. With the exception of Maryville, what powerhouses are you playing? We've played Baylor and Webb which are perennially one of the top teams in DII, district games with Fulton and AE. I know that you can't help your weak district schedule-it is what it is .Most of the local teams have refused to play us. CAK wants no part of Catholic. They may be getting better everyday but they aren't close to our level. Speaking of competition, what's the difference in Sequoyah and Spring Hill? Sequoyah at least had a player that went to play in the ACC. Based on the Alcoa/Catholic scrimmages I've seen, they are 2 pretty equal teams. Our schedules are pretty well set in advance so it's not like a date just dropped you and you can call somebody up for a quick fix.

First I'm not a graduate of Catholic, but I did attend a Catholic high school in Chicago. I was wrong about Seqouyah, (I was at Central back then). Just because William Blount and Heritage were dropped from your schedule, KCHS was to drop a team to add you? As Irishbball stated most games are scheduled in advanced and we play (when available) teams willing to play us. I'm sure you guys go through this too. We used to play C.A.K and they stopped it. It's a shame too, because some of their students and players (ususally after their annual playoff loss to the Tornadoes) come to our game (it's worse during basketball) and chant/heckle ridiculous things to the Catholic players, they need to play the Irish again if they think they are that much better than Catholic, but I don't see it in the forseeable future. Every home game I go to at Catholic the stands are packed and when we play A-E and Fulton crowds have been turned down. I do agree with you this would be a great game if the teams can schedule it. I would love to see it. As Coach George Pitts stated to me "to be the best you have to play the best" and Alcoa is one of the top 2 teams in the area.

Here is the DEAL!!! Alcoa, DL, Catholic, and Maryville need to be in the private school division. They play by different rules than the rest. Other schools have a ZONE the players must live in. If you want to go to any of the BIG 4, just pay your money. If you can play football you may be able to go FREE!

As for playing anyone, I know for a fact after the 06 season, that Alcoa would not play Fulton. Fulton tried to get Alcoa to play the coach said (NO WAY)! Fulton had to pick up OakRidge.

RIPPER

Point taken....It is time for these two to play, period.

Spring Hill is all we could get....sorry.

Facilities are great there, we need better.

Here is the DEAL!!! Alcoa, DL, Catholic, and Maryville need to be in the private school division. They play by different rules than the rest. Other schools have a ZONE the players must live in. If you want to go to any of the BIG 4, just pay your money. If you can play football you may be able to go FREE!

As for playing anyone, I know for a fact after the 06 season, that Alcoa would not play Fulton. Fulton tried to get Alcoa to play the coach said (NO WAY)! Fulton had to pick up OakRidge.

RIPPER

It'll be alright RIPPER..............Fulton would have got hammered by Alcoa anyway.

HAHA Why would I be frustrated?? My team is going to the playoffs and yours is on the verge of missing the playoffs for the first time since like 1992. Good Luck.

That seems to be all Catholic has managed to do, go to the playoffs. Not much done afterwards.

I haven't had a chance to make it on here much these days, this semester of school is a KILLER.

With that said, I'll be making the trip to Bob Black Field tonight to cheer on the Falcons. I haven't got to see them play much this year and I haven't seen Styles play yet, but heard he's a good one at wideout and safety. They were talking on the radio about Fulton and the playoffs being in jeopardy and how surprising that was from the Falcons. Fact is, Fulton is just going through some growing pains. Heck, you can't go to the State or win State every year. Even the great ones have down years, but I'm sure this staff will have the Falcons back to Murfreesboro soon enough. The last two "down" years Fulton has had is mainly do to the QB situation. Jock in 05 was a freshman who got thrown into the spotlight unexpectingly and we lost 4 games (We still had the best team in the state, period). This year is Winters' first year taking the snaps, so really not a shocker that Fulton has struggled at times.

Until Catholic does something in the playoffs, they will still be considered the Dan Marino of high school football teams. I don't care if they win by 50 tonight.

I had a lot of great times at Fulton and all 3 of the championships were great, but that one in 2006 will always be special to me. We went out on top and sent the Irish and Smith home crying. Classic.

That seems to be all Catholic has managed to do, go to the playoffs. Not much done afterwards.

I haven't had a chance to make it on here much these days, this semester of school is a KILLER.

With that said, I'll be making the trip to Bob Black Field tonight to cheer on the Falcons. I haven't got to see them play much this year and I haven't seen Styles play yet, but heard he's a good one at wideout and safety. They were talking on the radio about Fulton and the playoffs being in jeopardy and how surprising that was from the Falcons. Fact is, Fulton is just going through some growing pains. Heck, you can't go to the State or win State every year. Even the great ones have down years, but I'm sure this staff will have the Falcons back to Murfreesboro soon enough. The last two "down" years Fulton has had is mainly do to the QB situation. Jock in 05 was a freshman who got thrown into the spotlight unexpectingly and we lost 4 games (We still had the best team in the state, period). This year is Winters' first year taking the snaps, so really not a shocker that Fulton has struggled at times.

Until Catholic does something in the playoffs, they will still be considered the Dan Marino of high school football teams. I don't care if they win by 50 tonight.

I had a lot of great times at Fulton and all 3 of the championships were great, but that one in 2006 will always be special to me. We went out on top and sent the Irish and Smith home crying. Classic.

Welcome back Road. Bio-Chem? Hang in bud, you'll be fine. 21-3 @ 1/2. Ouch. Funny thing is though, Falcons destroyed Catholic when you were a SO maybe? Then it was Catholic who knocked Fulton out in the Quarters. That was LA's year, I think. Good to see you back. Don't be a stranger.

ruse?