A/AA Playoff contest

BigG

Hey G even though I'm disqualified am I still an expert? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Apparently, none of us are. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most of us "experts", our knowledge drops off significantly at the county line, or maybe at the edge of the metro area. Unless you have crossed paths with one or both of the teams in a game "far off", you have to rely on Eurosport or CoachT, and, unfortunately, many of these schools have incomplete records. While I generally play the odds on my picks, I'm generally pulling for the underdog.

Well to help you experts out on Region 6 finalists Columbia Academy and Giles County (both teams I picked in another post to win over Spring Hill and Page) they are two evenly matched teams. They have played 3 times with each game being decided by 1 goal, the last of which was won by CA on kicks after double overtime. CA has won 2 with GC winning 1. CA has as good a keeper as you will see, she is easily the most underrated player in the state. I am shocked that she has not been offered a really top scholarship. They are led by Lomax on offense, a real jitterbug type player with speed and lots of moves. Giles is led by their back 4 defensively with Aymett being the force in the middle. Upchurch is a Smart defender and a perfect compliment. Those two play very well together. GC has two extremely tough forwards to defend. Heather Holley is the speedster and one of the smartest players on the pitch and Natasha is big strong and finishes well. These two play well together. As for the matchup it is just too even to call. I am going with GC as it is just their turn to win one. I do believe that the winner of this game will make it to the state tourney, as I believe either of them will beat CPA (I think this is who plays FRA). The loser is probably through, while it can happen I just do not see either of them beating FRA.

Well to help you experts out on Region 6 finalists Columbia Academy and Giles County (both teams I picked in another post to win over Spring Hill and Page) they are two evenly matched teams. They have played 3 times with each game being decided by 1 goal, the last of which was won by CA on kicks after double overtime. CA has won 2 with GC winning 1. CA has as good a keeper as you will see, she is easily the most underrated player in the state. I am shocked that she has not been offered a really top scholarship. They are led by Lomax on offense, a real jitterbug type player with speed and lots of moves. Giles is led by their back 4 defensively with Aymett being the force in the middle. Upchurch is a Smart defender and a perfect compliment. Those two play very well together. GC has two extremely tough forwards to defend. Heather Holley is the speedster and one of the smartest players on the pitch and Natasha is big strong and finishes well. These two play well together. As for the matchup it is just too even to call. I am going with GC as it is just their turn to win one. I do believe that the winner of this game will make it to the state tourney, as I believe either of them will beat CPA (I think this is who plays FRA). The loser is probably through, while it can happen I just do not see either of them beating FRA.

Thanks Pulaski. Like DonC said, it is hard to get a good judge of teams outside of your "boundary". I appreciate the input.

FLASH! Good to see you again.

I picked Page cause they beat us in cross country my frosh year. Remembered the name.

I picked Columbia cause I think they were favored to oust our guys in a sectional game my 8th grade year. Again, a name I remember.

I could have flipped a coin, but I settled on flipping paper.

Well, almost everyone lost points on Catholic and Page losing...

Big G 13

Coniglio 13

Timbdp 13

RGossett 12

DonC 12

Yo Duke 12

Express 11 (You left off a prediction for the McNairy semi game)

MVM 12 (disqualified for editing)

Since my score is not posted, does that mean I am dead last again??!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

My picks: First Round--University High, Pigeon Forge, Knox Catholic, CAK, Chatt Christian, Notre Dame, Livingston Academy, Station Camp, FRA, Harpeth, Page, Columbia Academy, Jackson Christian, USJ, Madison Academic(bye), Mcnairy Central. Second Round--University High, CAK, Notre Dame, Station Camp, FRA, Page, USJ, Madison Academic. Sectional--Knox Catholic, CAK, Notre Dame, Station Camp, FRA, Page, USJ, Jackson Christian.

G,

Show the man some love....

Looks like 12 points to me....

Since my score is not posted, does that mean I am dead last again??!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Sorry... yeah. I think it is because he listed his predictions in a "paragraph style" and I didn't print them. My apologies. And don't worry, Schcdad, MVM is going to come in last, so you are good!

I know that all tonight's scores aren't in yet, but boy am I taking a bath....

I was thinking the same thing. I think the good thing is, though, that most everyone is, as well.

Reaction, yes, girls state is in Chatt. And No, I don't owe you a dinner (though you need to eat more, you are WAY too skinny).