MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His delivery with the ball looks real awkward. I've watched Perkins in all his games, and the kid is going to be a play maker.

It seems to me that Quarles is in a great spot now. I agree to your assement of him at qb. I'm sure he'll do his best where ever he is playing though. I've not seen the Perkins kid play.

Quarles? Who is the JV qb?

Who was the freshman qb this year and also how does tanner stewart look for the future. He played qb at gms this year. Quarles just don't seem like the natural qb and a better fit on defense. I wish there was a better talent pool at qb. Beside cody baugh and jordan it seems like its been a fill in senior.

I know this is a thread for East/Greeneville game, but...thought I would chime in quickly with the new region for AAA minus Greeneville.

Cherokee, Cocke County, Jefferson County, Morristown East, Morristown West, Sevier County, and Seymour will make up the new IMAC in 2009.

I have heard Campbell County and Karns could possibly be in the region but I find that highly illogical. Also heard that Cherokee could play in region with Dobyns-Bennet, Sullivan South, etc. I find this unlikely, too. Cherokee is closer to the IMAC conference if travel is as big a factor as they make it seem.

As I stated on another thread, I wouldn't be suprised to see Cherokee placed in District 1, making 9 teams; South Doyle placed in District 2, making 7 teams; Lenoir City placed in District 3 and Knox Catholic placed in District 4, giving 9 teams to District 3 and 8 teams to District 4.

My reasoning with Cherokee is the distances to each Tri-Cities school may, in the long run, be less than potential trips to the greater Knoxville area. Though Rogersville is closer to the Knoxville area than the Tri-Cities schools, the local highways, four lanes though they may be, are not the interstate and travel may still be time consuming. Trips to Seymour or South Doyle are slightly longer than trips to Bristol and Johnson City. The advantage that District 1 may offer is that most of their member schools are located on, or not far off of, Highway 11W. For example, Highway 11W from Rogersville will take you to Tennessee High in Bristol in about an hour. Along that route you pass Volunteer, and Dobyns Bennett, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, and Daniel Boone are not far off of Highway 11W and are easily accesable once leaving the highway. Science Hill and David Crockett would each take roughly an hour to reach from Rogersville, with the others taking 30 to 45 minutes each.

If what I mentioned at the beginning of my post were to occur, district break downs could look like this:

District 1

6A

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

5A

Cherokee

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Sullivan Central

Sullivan South

Tennessee High

Volunteer

District 2

6A

Jefferson Co.

Morristown East

Sevier Co.

5A

Cocke Co.

Morristown West

Seymour

South Doyle

District 3

6A

Oak Ridge

Knox Karns

5A

Anderson Co.

Campbell Co.

Clinton

Knox Halls

Knox Central

Knox Powell

Lenoir City

District 4

6A

Hardin Valley

Heritage

Knox Bearden

Knox Farragut

Maryville

William Blount

5A

Knox Catholic

Knox West

As for Greeneville, if able to be placed in District 1, district break downs could look like this:

District 1

4A

Greeneville

Sullivan East

3A

Chuckey Doak

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Johnson Co.

Sullivan North

Unicoi Co.

District 2

4A

Claiborne Co.

Grainger Co.

Union Co.

3A

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

West Greene

In District 1's case, I can't see the TSSAA allowing Greeneville into District 1 without placing another Greene County school in the conference with them, thus Chuckey Doak is the next closest school so in they may go. It looks to be complicated for the TSSAA as Class 2A in northeast Tennessee is rather spread out.

I believe that Austin Perkins(#15) will be the starting QB at Greeneville next year. He runs the freshman team and does it well. Reminds me of Greenway his freshman year.

Quarles will be the next QB at Greeneville, (Perkins will be a very good football player but not ready to start at QB. He will on Defense though. Where did perkins come from, he didn't play at GMS?) unless some of those soph. that chose not to play for whatever reason decide to play as juniors. There is probably one or two in that group that could get it done. I'm guessing Bill Duncan has them believing they will be making a huge impact on the basketball team.

Quarles will be the next QB at Greeneville, (Perkins will be a very good football player but not ready to start at QB. He will on Defense though. Where did perkins come from, he didn't play at GMS?) unless some of those soph. that chose not to play for whatever reason decide to play as juniors. There is probably one or two in that group that could get it done. I'm guessing Bill Duncan has them believing they will be making a huge impact on the basketball team.

Yeah unfortunately Duncan's all against his guys playing football. I believe Perkins came up here from Florida, and unless someone else steps up, he'll beat out Quarles for the QB job next year. As for Tanner down at GMS, he had a pretty good year, considering what he had to work with down there. They only ended up with one win on the season, they just didn't have enough playmakers to run the spread offense. I know they do that to let those kids get a foot up, for when they get to GHS, but I know it has to be rough on those kids not to win. Greeneville's future is very bright!

As I stated on another thread, I wouldn't be suprised to see Cherokee placed in District 1, making 9 teams; South Doyle placed in District 2, making 7 teams; Lenoir City placed in District 3 and Knox Catholic placed in District 4, giving 9 teams to District 3 and 8 teams to District 4.

My reasoning with Cherokee is the distances to each Tri-Cities school may, in the long run, be less than potential trips to the greater Knoxville area. Though Rogersville is closer to the Knoxville area than the Tri-Cities schools, the local highways, four lanes though they may be, are not the interstate and travel may still be time consuming. Trips to Seymour or South Doyle are slightly longer than trips to Bristol and Johnson City. The advantage that District 1 may offer is that most of their member schools are located on, or not far off of, Highway 11W. For example, Highway 11W from Rogersville will take you to Tennessee High in Bristol in about an hour. Along that route you pass Volunteer, and Dobyns Bennett, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, and Daniel Boone are not far off of Highway 11W and are easily accesable once leaving the highway. Science Hill and David Crockett would each take roughly an hour to reach from Rogersville, with the others taking 30 to 45 minutes each.

If what I mentioned at the beginning of my post were to occur, district break downs could look like this:

District 1

6A

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

5A

Cherokee

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Sullivan Central

Sullivan South

Tennessee High

Volunteer

District 2

6A

Jefferson Co.

Morristown East

Sevier Co.

5A

Cocke Co.

Morristown West

Seymour

South Doyle

District 3

6A

Oak Ridge

Knox Karns

5A

Anderson Co.

Campbell Co.

Clinton

Knox Halls

Knox Central

Knox Powell

Lenoir City

District 4

6A

Hardin Valley

Heritage

Knox Bearden

Knox Farragut

Maryville

William Blount

5A

Knox Catholic

Knox West

As for Greeneville, if able to be placed in District 1, district break downs could look like this:

District 1

4A

Greeneville

Sullivan East

3A

Chuckey Doak

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Johnson Co.

Sullivan North

Unicoi Co.

District 2

4A

Claiborne Co.

Grainger Co.

Union Co.

3A

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

West Greene

In District 1's case, I can't see the TSSAA allowing Greeneville into District 1 without placing another Greene County school in the conference with them, thus Chuckey Doak is the next closest school so in they may go. It looks to be complicated for the TSSAA as Class 2A in northeast Tennessee is rather spread out.

U are assuming that in 1 AA, no 3A schools decide to play up to 4A. I can see Betsy and North playing up to 4A.

the best part of easts defense is their coverage howell has had a few picks demarcus is real fast in coverage and tyler wills is probably the best corner in the conference they ought to be able to contain greenway as well as anyone and offensively they block fairly well and with turner and tee the ought to have a field day on that defense but in the end it will be close

East-28 Greeneville-21

District 1

6A

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

5A

Cherokee

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Sullivan Central

Sullivan South

Tennessee High

Volunteer

District 2

6A

Jefferson Co.

Morristown East

Sevier Co.

5A

Cocke Co.

Morristown West

Seymour

South Doyle

District 3

6A

Oak Ridge

Knox Karns

5A

Anderson Co.

Campbell Co.

Clinton

Knox Halls

Knox Central

Knox Powell

Lenoir City

District 4

6A

Hardin Valley

Heritage

Knox Bearden

Knox Farragut

Maryville

William Blount

5A

Knox Catholic

Knox West

District 1

4A

Greeneville

Sullivan East

3A

Chuckey Doak

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Johnson Co.

Sullivan North

Unicoi Co.

District 2

4A

Claiborne Co.

Grainger Co.

Union Co.

3A

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

West Greene

Ron,

I believe that Cherokee will play in Region 2 because they would have a better possibility of making the playoffs. South and TN High are pretty much automatics for the playoffs so that leaves 4 or possibly 5 teams battling for position 3. I would take my chances having to beat Cocke Co., Seymour, and South Doyle. Feel free to use that on your website. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

the best part of easts defense is their coverage howell has had a few picks demarcus is real fast in coverage and tyler wills is probably the best corner in the conference they ought to be able to contain greenway as well as anyone and offensively they block fairly well and with turner and tee the ought to have a field day on that defense but in the end it will be close

East-28 Greeneville-21

Gee lets force greeneville to go to the ground attack... the trio of Hall, Greenway and now Spradlin has averaged a respectable 5 1/2 yds per carry. Greenway isn't easy to contain... he's mentally tough,focused, reads defense well and has done a good job picking up the blitz. Plus he's big enough to stand in there long enough to find the open receiver and can take a hit.