7AAA

spartaman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman 50 - 34 Oakland

No stats. The Lady Blaze looked a little sluggish tonight. Oakland made a game of it through the first 3 quarters. Congrats on the win.

Don't know the name of the Oakland freshman #12, but looks to be the real deal.

Unfortunately, with no real system of development, her progress over the next 3 years will probably be hindered to a degree.

The Swami has come back to life and with it a realization that 85, the Dumptrucker and his buddy have been lieing in wait to destroy someone but trying to figure out what DID happen the night of the Cookeville game. 85 did say last year that this was the year and a lot of kids were growing up so they played 10 players tonite, the Sparta gym was full and RD was down. Its true, haislip did not play but 31 points? Page scored 18. Barbee scored 13. And it was White 63, Riverdale 32

Blackman beat oakland but the game was closer than what was posted. Blackman exploded in the forth quarter, Campbell scored 19 and Nowlin scored 12 while mcGowan scored .

The Siegel/lebanon game was a good one with Cason scoring 18, chapman scoring 13 and connell scoring 11. Elie got 24 and Stafford got 11. Blackman beat oakland, 50-34.

The Swami has come back to life and with it a realization that 85, the Dumptrucker and his buddy have been lieing in wait to destroy someone but trying to figure out what DID happen the night of the Cookeville game. 85 did say last year that this was the year and a lot of kids were growing up so they played 10 players tonite, the Sparta gym was full and RD was down. Its true, haislip did not play but 31 points? Page scored 18. Barbee scored 13. And it was White 63, Riverdale 32

Blackman beat oakland but the game was closer than what was posted. Blackman exploded in the forth quarter, Campbell scored 19 and Nowlin scored 12 while mcGowan scored .

The Siegel/lebanon game was a good one with Cason scoring 18, chapman scoring 13 and connell scoring 11. Elie got 24 and Stafford got 11. Blackman beat oakland, 50-34.

If there is one thing ive learned over the years watching 7-AAA, its this: If you dont bring your A game to Sparta, it will not be pretty by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how good or bad you are, Sparta is capable of beating anyone in Sparta on any given night, which is why they have the best homecourt advantage in this district and one of the best in Middle Tennessee.

Blackman 50 - 34 Oakland

No stats. The Lady Blaze looked a little sluggish tonight. Oakland made a game of it through the first 3 quarters. Congrats on the win.

Don't know the name of the Oakland freshman #12, but looks to be the real deal.

Just curious keeper what the real deal did to get your attention?

In the game I saw, she had zero points, 5+ turnovers, several points scored over and around her and was generally the slowest person on the floor. I'm sorry, in my opinion, she's not ready for varsity ball.

In the game I saw, she had zero points, 5+ turnovers, several points scored over and around her and was generally the slowest person on the floor. I'm sorry, in my opinion, she's not ready for varsity ball.

You could say the same for alot of these girls. Under normal circumstances, almost all of them would be getting minimal mintues on varsity or starting for jv, getting some much needed playing time in a more relaxed setting. Amazing how Oakland ran the table in 2005 yet may do the absolute reverse in 2009

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH YYEEEESSSSSSSSS!!! The "SWAMI" is here, looking to improve on his amazing (17-3) DISTRICT RECORD. "Airball" , Warren County schools will also be closed tommorrow, so the "SWAMI" is unsure if the games of Friday will be played, but here are the winners if they do play the games. My Lady Pioneers go into Cookeville and take another lesson of 7aaa basketball, losing to the Lady Cavs by 29. Blackman will get back on track with an easy win at Oakland. Blackman by 21. In a really good match-up Lebanon will invade Siegel, but will come up a little short. Siegel by 6. And finally. in the game of the night Riverdale will go into White County and come away with a 9 point victory. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAHHHH YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!! , The "SWAMI" is here !!! After a (3-1) Friday night, ( Congrats to White County on thier stunning rout of Riverdale), The "SWAMI'S" district record now stands at (20-4). The "SWAMI" will return on Monday to hopefully reveal all the winner's for Tuesday's games. I have a feeling Riverdale will be a hard team to figure out, for the next couple of games. The "SWAMI" has spoken.

Just my opinion as well. Not a dominating performance, but there wasn't a dominating performance from anyone. It really looked like both teams suffered from not being in the routine of school. Maybe a late night once they found out they were not going to school on Friday. While her shots were off, she moved well without the ball. put herself in a position to receive the ball, and generally had a good look at the basket. Seemed to understand the game and the flow. Several times, she let the game move and then moved to the open spot and did not receive the ball. You don't always have to be the fastest on the floor to put up big numbers. As with any freshman high school player more defensive work and ball handling work will help. Again, just my opinion. That and $1.49 will get you an Icee at On the Run.

If there is one thing ive learned over the years watching 7-AAA, its this: If you dont bring your A game to Sparta, it will not be pretty by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how good or bad you are, Sparta is capable of beating anyone in Sparta on any given night, which is why they have the best homecourt advantage in this district and one of the best in Middle Tennessee.

Oakland. You are absolutely right and now I know that 85, dumptrucker and the boys really have had something to do with it. Seriously, there are no more rabid fans than in Sparta. they are a great bunch of people.

CONGRATULATIONS to Erin Helton of Cookeville High School, she broke the scoring record for Cookeville Lady Cavs last night against Warren Co.. The record was 1527 career points held by Ashley Taylor and Erin broke it scoring 21 points to score 1530. Great job and a great career so far at Cookeville High. It isn't over yet!! Best of luck the rest of the season to you and the rest of the team.