7AAA

spartaman

KeeperFan15.........How about that $5 gate for all games? Nice!

Look forward to tomorrow nights play! Another exciting night in 7AAA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way cool. Left money in my pocket so that I could enjoy 2 of those ginormous hot dogs from the concession stand.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KeeperFan15.........How about that $5 gate for all games? Nice!

Look forward to tomorrow nights play! Another exciting night in 7AAA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

this is what makes it so tough for me to make all the games...when i come i bring at least 3 or 4 more so i drop anywhere from 20-25 dollars each night and in district tournament there will be 4 days and that would be over 100 in a week for entry fee so i have to pick and choose what games i go to for example i wont be there tonight but i will be at the region game and i will try and make the first 2 of those and the 3rd one is a wait and see what money looks like I feel for the parents of these kids because how do oyu NOT go i dont have a kid on the team so its easier for me to pick and choose which ones i go to but if i had a kid playing i would have to go

WC dug themselves a hole early and was down 20-5. WC made a great effort in the 2nd half and actually cut the lead down to 3 points at one time. VERY disappointing to go 18-2 and then not even make the region.

What does that tell you 85?It was a very disappointing year for the girls. I feel very sorry for them to go through 3 seasons like that.

What does that tell you 85?It was a very disappointing year for the girls. I feel very sorry for them to go through 3 seasons like that.

MW, i can tell you this, if your seasonhad been any better with the crowds you had in that gym, you would have needed to find an outside area and put up some goals and expect 3000-3500 fans to show up. That is a hotbed of basketball for that area.

Generally, not a big fan of girls basketball but I still keep up with it in the district. But a few things have happened this year that caught my attention. I've been following the Riverdale/TSSAA issue and though the punishment seems a bit harsh, I think the TSSAA is just trying to make a point. But I do question the sportsmanship from the Riverdale team after the players were quoted in the DNJ about laughing at Oakland during their first round game. I attributed this to possible inaccurate reporting from the DNJ but after watching the Riverdale/Blackman game on Saturday, I find it more believable. IMO a more mature coach would have handled the game differently. It was not a close game, take your starters out and act like you've done it before. You didn't win any support from the other schools after that display.

Generally, not a big fan of girls basketball but I still keep up with it in the district. But a few things have happened this year that caught my attention. I've been following the Riverdale/TSSAA issue and though the punishment seems a bit harsh, I think the TSSAA is just trying to make a point. But I do question the sportsmanship from the Riverdale team after the players were quoted in the DNJ about laughing at Oakland during their first round game. I attributed this to possible inaccurate reporting from the DNJ but after watching the Riverdale/Blackman game on Saturday, I find it more believable. IMO a more mature coach would have handled the game differently. It was not a close game, take your starters out and act like you've done it before. You didn't win any support from the other schools after that display.

i guess it was poor sportsmanship by oakland too because they were also laughing...fans of both sides were laughing our side was wondering what was going on because oakland didnt try and press us and the players were also laughing i imagina not many of these players had really done anything like that most of these players are go hard for the entire game and for about 3-4 minutes everyone just stood there

and starters came out for a lot of the game against blackman it wasnt a full substituition but we played at leaast 9 deep most of the game and even deeper in the last few minutes

Certainly your comments are correct and the season has been long and things have happened, a lot have been made of them and i think you can agree, girls basketball around Middle Tennessee is a "we dont forget and it's us against the world" commodity. Understand, and I think you do, you are seeing peers in the coaching ranks playing each other who have only one thing in mind. Thats getting to the state tournament and since Riverdale has done it once, getting back is very important to them, their players and their coach. Why would some peers, with developments happening as they have, allow a rookie coach to come in and run over the District. You being around for some time know Riverdale is not a passive foe. And there are some other things, in the background going on, that makes the Riverdale/Blackman rivalry more heated which migh go back a few years but certainly concern accusations in other sports recently. Then Oakland and Siegel doing better in other sports making both look over their shoulder and the "Beast from the Plateau",Cookeville, doing well has just gotten tensions high. Cookeville, tonight, has to be the favorite to have beaten every one twice except Riverdale. The have UC signee Erin helton and some underestimated players in Johnson, Brooks, Odle and Edgingtonwith coach Mindy Oidom BUT in the last five years tensions have always been the same except for the newest change in the District and that is the new coach at Riverdale. You are perceptive but many had already seen this coming and the immature statement has been used but if its not obvious to you, it is now obvious to a lot that Riverdale is no different than when Burt was there. They are going to try to beat you as much as they can and their fans will let you know it. And when they play you, they expect you to do the same thing. It doesn't matter the sport. And all teams they play must have their A game on because its the way they play. But when they lose, they hear "smack" from the other schools and fans and they might have heard it more lately than they have in the last few years. This has been building up and your perception of TSSAA making a point is right on the dot. This is high school sports at larger schools with better athletes and coaches that know how to motivate players and its Tournament time and fixing to go into another District and play schools which have the same mentality. Now if you want to see it first hand, its tonite at Siegel. Cookeville/Riverdale or levanon/Blackman. If you would like to see it in Region with many State Champion Shelbyville, and a school who thinks they are not only good enough to beat them but will try Lawrence County or a school who almost slipped up and Beat Shelbyville, Lincoln county or Franklin County, just wait and see that brawl.

Your post was very good but comparing this to the Boys rivalries the past 5 years and the things I have seen there, these players in all of these schools have the same mentality and are ready to go to a State Tournament.No Difference.

Lebanon started out quickly in their game with Blackman and led by 26-16 at the half and Blackman caught up twice and went ahead by one but really never was in the game and lost 53-46. The difference was Lebanon starting out fast and the scoring of Jennings and Elie along with the rebounding of Elie and Williams. Blackman again started slowly but did improve their intensity and made a come back the second half. Again, Blackman was led by Katie Smith who had 14 points, 9 rebounds and 6 blocks despite not starting the game. Overton scored 11, and Campbell scored 11. Blackman will play the winner of Shelbyville/Lawrence Friday night at the winners site.

Also tonight, Lincoln County did beat Franklin County 54-49. Lebanon will play Lawrence county.

Cookeville leads Riverdale 25-19 at the half as Erin Heltin is a force both scoring and a bear on the boards as Cookeville leads the boards 12-7. Riverdale started off slow but picked up the pace in the second quarter to come within 6 points of Cookeville.The second half was as intense a half that has been in the Tournament as Helton kept up her rebounding advantage and John and Brooks picked up their scoring. The final score of the game was Cookeville 53-Riverdale 46. The asoring was Helton 17, Johnson 17. Riverdale was led by 19, Barbee with 10.

The game was won on the boards with Helton getting 12 rebouinds for cookeville and Barbee getting 10 for Riverdale.

The all tournament team was Helton, Johnson and Brooks for Cookeville, Barbee,Haislip and Henry for Riverdale, Elie and Peyton for lebanon and Campbell and Katie Smith for Blackman. This tournament was paced by Helton with Cookeville who had a great Tournament on both ends of the court and not far behind, Haislip and Barbee of Riverdale. Cookeville seemed to be the best team and won.

Lawrence County will play Blackman and Shelbyville will play Lebanon , Cookeville will play Franklin County and Riverdale will play Lincoln County in the region.

I hate that my girls lost BUT WE STILL host a region game and we are not elminated...

I did not make the game but i was told that cookeville controlled the game from start to finish it was not our night we didnt hit shots and just wasnt our night Cookeville is a good team and when you play them you gotta bring your A game but the improtant thing is we host Lincoln County on FRIDAY at 7:00 I will be there for that cheering on my LADY WARRIORS...

GO LADY WARRIORS

i wont EVEN GET STARTED ON THE OFFICIALS LOL just kidding...ny source never mentioned the OFFICIALS i was just kidding because everyone has complained about them during the whole tournament but the person who told me about the game never mentioned the officiating so i wanna say good job to the officials and it sounded like a hard played game congrats to cookeville on a hard fought game hope to see oyu in region championship game