7AAA

spartaman

Cookeville tonite won over blackman 50-43 Cookeviille was ahead all the way as cookeville controlled the boards as Erin Helton got 17 and got in foul trouble the second period and sat out most of the period but Blackman did not have any response for her play. Blackman's Campbell had 15 and Nowlin had 11 as all of the Stats are unofficial. Cumberlland High school beat Walker Valley tonight so in the substate it will be Walker Valley going to Cookeville and Blackman going to Cunberland High school in Crossville. I will come back with more stats later and update what I have.

Walker V. thumped Cumberland Co. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaze, because you mentioned it and I was going to later, Jessica Haislip was under pressure this whole season and she played well the whole time. To have undergone the scrutiney that she has gone thru and still play the way she has is an indication of how good she is under pressure and will even be better,

I still haven't got all of the stats but Blackman tried to keep up with Cookeville but it was too much Helton and Johnson. Blackman certainly has my respect for what they are doing. cookeville would try to bury them time after time and Blackman kept coming back and kept coming back when they couldhave well rolled over and stopped. It was not in their character and not in the character of their coaching staff and they could just stand their and accept the runners up trophy with their heads high. Now we go to the substate and the chances are good so lets wait it out and see what happens. This is the 7AAA Special rolling along until we find a place to land and hope its in the state.

I agree PHargis.. Despite all that RHS have been thru Haislip handles it like a pro. Being a junior.. Wow she is going places. I love watching her play.. She is a baller. Good luck to the Lady Warriors next year.

but for now.. I hope the Blaze keep truckin' and dominate on Saturday.

How good is Walker Valley? I watched a little film on them..but not a lot.

I agree PHargis.. Despite all that RHS have been thru Haislip handles it like a pro. Being a junior.. Wow she is going places. I love watching her play.. She is a baller. Good luck to the Lady Warriors next year.

but for now.. I hope the Blaze keep truckin' and dominate on Saturday.

How good is Walker Valley? I watched a little film on them..but not a lot.

Walker valley is a very good team, they are very quick and are a great 3 point shooting team. They will bring the pressurre and won't quit until the final buzzer. Just be careful of the other 3 with striped shirts on the floor, they tend to be a great help to the Cleveland area teams.

I can't believe that, as been stated on this site, that the officials would not call this thing right down the Middle. People who have played down at Walker Valley say their officials shade toward Cleveland area teams. So here comes little, slow Blackman, hardly able to get off the bus sometimes, now being intimidated by a third party, the zebras. First there was the gym and now there are the zebras. This school has faced about every adversity a school can have. They have had injuries and there are no tougher crowds than 7AAA and 8AAA. They are the toughest. There is no better coaching and players they have faced than 7AAA and 8AAA. The defenses they have faced could have been no harder and i would hope the zebras will realize, this is "Walker" Valley and got that name for some reason and we hope it called. So the little small Blackman is going to have to rise up and get bigger and they are going to have to be more intense on defense and trhey are gong to have to get faster and they are going to have to shoot better and cover the board and 7AAA is going to be watching, expecting greatness and waiting for you to return winners. and those zebras only wear those shirts to tell you they can run fast too and they will catch those "Walkers" from the Valley and Cookeville, White County, Warren County, Riverdale, Siegel, Lebanon and Oakland expect your best effort and be ready to go to State next week. YOUR JOB IS NOT DONE Go Region 4 and remember 7AAA is depending on you. You are just now starting to reach your potential. The best is yet to come.

I can't believe that, as been stated on this site, that the officials would not call this thing right down the Middle. People who have played down at Walker Valley say their officials shade toward Cleveland area teams. So here comes little, slow Blackman, hardly able to get off the bus sometimes, now being intimidated by a third party, the zebras. First there was the gym and now there are the zebras. This school has faced about every adversity a school can have. They have had injuries and there are no tougher crowds than 7AAA and 8AAA. They are the toughest. There is no better coaching and players they have faced than 7AAA and 8AAA. The defenses they have faced could have been no harder and i would hope the zebras will realize, this is "Walker" Valley and got that name for some reason and we hope it called. So the little small Blackman is going to have to rise up and get bigger and they are going to have to be more intense on defense and trhey are gong to have to get faster and they are going to have to shoot better and cover the board and 7AAA is going to be watching, expecting greatness and waiting for you to return winners. and those zebras only wear those shirts to tell you they can run fast too and they will catch those "Walkers" from the Valley and Cookeville, White County, Warren County, Riverdale, Siegel, Lebanon and Oakland expect your best effort and be ready to go to State next week. YOUR JOB IS NOT DONE Go Region 4 and remember 7AAA is depending on you. You are just now starting to reach your potential. The best is yet to come.

The "SWAMI" sees a split, Cookeville by 14, Walker Valley by 11. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE

I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe

I BELIEVE

Sorry, just can't get the song out of my head. These young ladies have played off and on through adverse conditions all year. I guarantee that they will leave everything they have on the floor tomorrow night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> They just have to stay within themselves if they hit a rocky spot. There were a couple of times down in Lawrence Co. that it looked pretty grim but you perservered.

The "SWAMI" sees a split, Cookeville by 14, Walker Valley by 11. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!

Swami, it looks like I'm going to have to draw you a road map although your thoughts on Cookeviile is likely close. Blackman's game will have to be a game of strategy as the Walker's (thats their play)have outscored their opponentsi by a large ammount. Blackman will have to play ball control and keep the score in the mid 40's to win. they again are going to have to get their scoring from Campbell, Smith and Nowlin but Norris, overton and Bailey are going to need at least 20 points for Blackman to win and it can be done. In addition to that, blackman's defense has to be ferocious and Overton and Smith aregoing to have to takeover the boards. So total defensive effort along with a little extra effort from a few players is the key to success. Thats

Blackman by 3. The Swami has traveled and talked to the iright peoplei but needs to come down to earth with the spread. Blackman could not play well but Coach Chad's heros will be up to the task. they know how.

Cookevilles gamei will be a good one but its unsure if Cumberland High's fans know how to get to the gym. Cumberland has no answer for Helton and if Coach Odom uses the same game plan, it will go to the UTC signee until they stop her and there is a question they can unless what happened against Blackman, she gets in foul trouble. Helton getting in trouble, if happens, cannot be countered by Cumberland as they likely can't match teh speed of Cookeville's players and Cookeville by 14 or more is about right.

For those of you fans that don't know, this matchup is a preliminary to the reclassification of Districts for next year and has about as much to do with bragging rights upon the Plateau as these two schools are within 25 miles of each other. The competition between fans between Cookeville and Crossviile has been heated for years and next years 6AAA battles will be no different so this substate has a high " Top of the Plateau" drama. So what else is different when you get into that area, whatever the classification, in Womens Basketball.

Cookevilles gamei will be a good one but its unsure if Cumberland High's fans know how to get to the gym. Cumberland has no answer for Helton and if Coach Odom uses the same game plan, it will go to the UTC signee until they stop her and there is a question they can unless what happened against Blackman, she gets in foul trouble. Helton getting in trouble, if happens, cannot be countered by Cumberland as they likely can't match teh speed of Cookeville's players and Cookeville by 14 or more is about right.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> OK, I'll bite. Why wouldn't CCHS fans know how to get to Cookeville's gym?

Trust me, we'll be there. On paper, Cookeville has the better team, but they don't play the game on paper, do they? Ask Cleveland, who beat Walker Valley twice during the regular season, how CCHS beat them TWICE in a week and a half on THEIR home court. If Cookeville's coach is smart, which I am sure she is, she has already contacted Cleveland's coach.

We had no answer for Walker Valley. They exploited our weaknesses like no other team this year, outside of Clarkrange.

I'm sure you are aware that Cookeville & CCHS played twice this year, and Cookeville won by 6 and by 9. Those aren't hardly a "have no answer for them" type of games, are they? Were you even at either of those games?

Our girls aren't use to being on this stage, so we have no idea how they will respond; but I promise they will play hard, and if the shots are falling, we might pull the shocker.