Class 5A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Defensive Tackle that I would like to nominate from Oakland High School, Tim McAdoo. Tim is a JR at Oakland, standing at 6'1 305 lbs. On the year, Tim has registered 67 total tackles, which is 2nd among the team. He has registered 43 solo tackles, with 24 assisted along with 3 sacks in a region that still clings to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy. There have been 3 games in which he has register 10 or more tackles. His efforts have been paramount to an Oakland defense that give up just over 9 points a game (83 pts total) and for a team that has flipped its record and then some as they have gone from 3-7 in 2007 to 8-1 in 2008, along with being region champions in 4-5A for the first time in many years for the Patriots. Please consider Mr. McAdoo as Mr. Football Lineman

Just to get this out in the open, this is coming form a strong Smyrna supporter.

I fell that Smyrna has 2 kids worthy of consideration.

1 Chris Yoder Kicker/Punter

a) Big leg on Kickoffs: (Rough Number) 85% of his kickoffs are Touch backs

He has kicked 2 FG over 50 yards and several over 45 this year.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Last week he had 4 FG against Riverdale: 49 yards, 42 yards, 45 yards and 38 yards

c) has the (very important) ability to change the field for the Smyrna Defense.

d) his punt are not only deep but very high allowing the cover team time to get down the field and he forces a lot of fair catches

2 Dakota Woods - DL 6'2 280

a) Commands a double team on virtually every play, freeing up our young LBs to make plays.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Very strong and quick off the ball, causing much havoc in the backfield

c) Good tackler when team run at him he stuff the hole and tackles the ball carrier.

d) Flows to the ball on plays away from him and makes plays from the backside.

e) The Sr. center piece to a very young, very stingy, very fast DL at Smyrna.

Patrick Miller from Sevier Co.. 10 games, 35 receptions,890 yards, 25.4 yd avg,longest reception 80yds, 8 TD. And on the defensive side of the ball 42 total tackles,5 ints ( on for a touch down). Patrick is a great player and a big playmaker for the Smoky Bears. He was about 20 yards short of the Region 1 5a reception yards record.

Franklin High has two that could be on the ballot

RB Alex Ford

115 carries - 916 yards (8 yards per carry) 14 rushing touchdowns

19 receptions - 226 yards (12 yard per reception) 2 receiving touchdowns

Not to mention that he splits carries with Keylo Lee who has 85 carries for 645 yards and 21 receptions for 231 yards and 5 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD

QB Graham Nichols

86 completions - 135 attempts - only 2 interceptions - 1,333 passing yards (63.7% completion rate)

9 Passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs

Both have helped lead Franklin to a 7 - 1 start, are playoff bound, and Franklin should finish 2 or 3 in region 6 5A

I will 2nd that.

Nick Yazzie of Hendersonville

Has 28 receptions for 477 yards, avg. 17.04 and 6 TD

Has rushed for 4 TDs

20 punt returns for 352 yards avg 23.05 and 1 TD (and has had a few called back)

12 Kick returns for 352 yds 29.33 avg and 1 TD

And on Defence has 41 tackles (only 5 assist) 1 sack 1 hurry 2 tackle for loss 1 int 1 FF and 10 pass defended

also has blocked 2 extra points

I don't have stats available to back this up.....but I would like to see the following considered from region4:

Matt Rottero-LB at Wilson Central

Derek Barrett and Anthony Amey at Oakland- D linemen

Josh Patton, LB at Blackman

Dakota Woods at Smyrna

Chucky Mc Cord at Siegel

Maynard at Lebanon

I would also like to nominate Derek Barrett Defensive Tackle from Oakland High School. Derek is a SR at Oakland he is 6' 2" and weighs 295 lbs. Derek is a very physically dominate, athletic, and productive D-line man. His stats from last year as listed in an article on Unapproved Website were 50 tackles, 7 for a loss, 3 sacks, and 2 blocked PATs. Derek was also selected to the All Region team last year as a Junior. Derek missed 4 early games due to injury this year and has still registered 34 total tackles and 2 sacks in 5 games. Derek had a season high at Lebanon on Oct 17th his totals were 6 solo 2 asst and 2 sacks. Derek's stats also do not show the many double teams he has to battle each game just to get the stats he has. There have been 3 games in which he has register 9 or more tackles this season. Derek is rated in the top 50 players in the state of TN by Scout.com. He has been a big part of an Oakland defense that has given up just over 9 points a game (83 pts total) and helped the Patriots become region champions in 4-5A for the first time in 15 years. I hope you consider Derek Barrett as a nominee for 5A Mr. Football Lineman.

In reading all the nominations that have been listed thus far it shows me Tennessee has some outstanding players that could be, or will be over looked by Tennessee, MTSU, UTC, etc. These young men would play very hard for any college if given the chance, and good luck to all seniors.