District 13 AA

wtspfan

If you can't get the Gold Ball one way, you'll get it another! Most coaches go about getting to Murfreesboro the old fashioned way, by working with what they've got. Getting the "Missing Piece" to a coach's puzzle is a nice way of saying he recruited. He must have forgotten this is High School ball; recruiting is illegal. So here's to you coaches, who put hours into figuring out a way to win, with the talent or lack thereof, you have been given. At least you know that if that glorious day comes when you receive that Gold Ball, the reflections in it will be the faces of the players whose pride is in YOUR school, not that of your rival.

Hey RedBoat....3 posts...2 anti Westview, and now this. Is your name.....BOO?

Please explain your only 3 posts...you obviously have no clue and are one of the many that have their head completely buried in the sand.

If you can't get the Gold Ball one way, you'll get it another!

The Wizard went to the glass house in Millington, got really close to winning gold at Westview, and has a great shot over the next 4 years in Gibson Co. The Wizard is doing nothing different at GC than he did at Westview, please explain the above statement...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson County will win District 13 AA and possibly the gold ball in March.

I hope so... Westview will be our strongest competition until we get to the state tournaments. Westview returns everyone back as do we except with the loss of Jennilee Pate. I said from the start that we were loaded this year and some people had us picked at #2 in the District and it still could end that way but I don't see it happening. Our first big test will be December 1st against Bradford. They lost to Westview by 2 in what was a really close game. We'll see how we can fare against them.

As you can tell by my username- my blood runs red.

I think this season will be one of the best we have seen from the District in a few years. Some very talented individuals have led the ball game at OC in the past and yes we have lost many of them as seniors. However, we have some talented players ready to step up. They are not burdened with preconceived notions about their playing ability. They are like a new puppy just wanting to play with the ball. We may see a few losses this season which any team needs to keep them grounded when it comes crunch time in the tournaments. However, any team that takes a win from us, will have had the fight of their life to make it happen. Our team is full of heart and some genuine talent that just has not been see at the local High school level due to their youth. I think you will know their names by the end of the season.

I personally enjoy watching the action these girls bring which is seldom seen in a girls game. Even our losses with this group of kids are tolerable because we know what they are capable of. This may be a season similar to the tortoise and the hare. We are going to push along like a steady tortoise and you will not find our head in the shell, but held high win or lose. We do recognize some honored adversairies in the GC and Westview teams, but we will not dwell on what the outcome may be. We will take it one minute, one quarter, and one game at a time taking nothing for granted.

Think of us as the underdog if you like, but you will know your teams have put up a solid fight when they meet us on the court. Good Luck to all!

OMG, here ya go again braging about State, Gibson Co is a long way from it. Watching the MCRussell coaching staff fold last year in State, I dont see a brain trust there. GC has gota get past 13AA first. Seen alot great teams fold before, take LSU football at the first of the year, and look now. Its one game at a time then MickeyR can look to the east for their challenge.

OMG, here ya go again braging about State, Gibson Co is a long way from it. Watching the MCRussell coaching staff fold last year in State, I dont see a brain trust there. GC has gota get past 13AA first. Seen alot great teams fold before, take LSU football at the first of the year, and look now. Its one game at a time then MickeyR can look to the east for their challenge.

I really like the comment about McMillan and Russell folding at state. You are talking about two coaches that have won loads of games and made it state multiple times at every place they have been, and then if we were watching the same game, pretty sure there wasn't a team in the state that was going to beat Marshall Co that day. They shot 61% from the field for the game and 64% from 3 pt land. That has nothing to with the coaches "folding". You aren't going to find a better coaching tandem in the state and any school would be more than thrilled to have them coaching their team.

Does Gibson Co still have to play the games? Yes. If they lose will it be because McMillan and Russell "fold"? You would have to be fool to think so.

I really like the comment about McMillan and Russell folding at state. You are talking about two coaches that have won loads of games and made it state multiple times at every place they have been, and then if we were watching the same game, pretty sure there wasn't a team in the state that was going to beat Marshall Co that day. They shot 61% from the field for the game and 64% from 3 pt land. That has nothing to with the coaches "folding". You aren't going to find a better coaching tandem in the state and any school would be more than thrilled to have them coaching their team.

Does Gibson Co still have to play the games? Yes. If they lose will it be because McMillan and Russell "fold"? You would have to be fool to think so.

I have seen on numerous posts the shooting %'s Marshall County shot against Gibson County last season....As we all know nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems...I wonder how much of that great shooting was just being hot(MC)or a team that had not had a well prepared game plan going in(GC)??..I'm just asking..I know the McMillan's and Russell's records..They stand on their own..I get that...Coaches have bad games as do players though...I listened to the game on the radio and I don't remember the announcers saying that wow she just hit that shot with someone all over her or with a hand in the face...You people that were there will have to clue me in on that one because we all know that some radio announcers don't paint a great picture for you listening on the radio...I'll just have to trust that folks tell the truth on that one...I do understand that shooting 64% from 3 point land unguarded in an empty gym is tough enough, much less in a state tournament enviroment...I get that too....

I do know that MC only lost 4 games in winning back-to-back titles last season but one of them was a 51-35 loss on a neutral court in Middle Tennessee to Obion Central....I would ask the same question...Was OC's defense that good and their team that much better prepared or was MC just that cold and not prepared coming in??..Because again as we all know nothing is ever as bad as it seems or as good...

Instead of looking at that one game, you guys who say they "folded" need to look at the turnaround from the previous season.....having been a fan of the teams in the entire county of Gibson for the past 30 years....if I remember correctly, they went from a team who didn't make it out of the district the year before to a team who made it to the state tournament.....i think that's exceeding expectations not folding!