THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could they already be having a meeting? The TSSAA won't totally have set districts until middle of November?

I remembered where I heard this... AM640 The Morning Moster Show, Bobby Raider, last Friday. I called him this AM to discuss it and my cell phone died on me. I will talk with him in the morning. If I get anything out of him I will post it. Maybe somebody out there has connections with the Coaches may be able to shed some light on this.

Roll Tribe Roll

I remembered where I heard this... AM640 The Morning Moster Show, Bobby Raider, last Friday. I called him this AM to discuss it and my cell phone died on me. I will talk with him in the morning. If I get anything out of him I will post it. Maybe somebody out there has connections with the Coaches may be able to shed some light on this.

Roll Tribe Roll

I hardly ever listen to the radio in the mornings,but years ago when I lived in Greeneville,me and Bobby played some softball together.He was a super guy and very knowledgeable about sports. We might not have been the best softball team around,but Bobby could make you laugh anyway.I'm sure if it's been talked about in sports,he has some knowledge first hand.Roll Tribe

Roll Tribe Roll

Thanks Art. Good man.

Check out the story on Tricitiessports.com.

DB has the #1 Seed already locked up. And, if Bearden beats Jeff Co. (a lock), Science Hill will be the #3 Seed from Region 1. Even if the Hill Toppers beat DB 50-0, DB is the #1 Seed based on the best overall record. Interesting.

The Toppers could be the #2 seed, but there is no way the Pats of Jeff Co. will beat Bearden.

That takes a lot out of this game... Now it's just Rivalry. Johnson City vs Kingsport, and a 14 game streak.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB has the #1 Seed already locked up. And, if Bearden beats Jeff Co. (a lock), Science Hill will be the #3 Seed from Region 1. Even if the Hill Toppers beat DB 50-0, DB is the #1 Seed based on the best overall record. Interesting.

The Toppers could be the #2 seed, but there is no way the Pats of Jeff Co. will beat Bearden.

That takes a lot out of this game... Now it's just Rivalry. Johnson City vs Kingsport, and a 14 game streak.

Roll Tribe Roll

Art, I must have been resting on my laurels, you beat me to it, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . For the 'Topper fan who was interested in some of the Indian play makers, here are stats, both offensive and defensive, provided by tricitiessports.com:

DOBYNS BENNETT STATS 2008

SEASON/ATT/ AVG.PER GAME

TEAM RUSHING 2190 YDS/ 243.4

TEAM PASSING 1134 YDS /126.0

TOTAL OFFENSE 3324YDS/ 369.3

POINTS SCORED 276 PTS/ 30.7

D-B VS.RUN 930 YDS/103.3

D-B VS.PASS 828 YDS / 92.0

D-B VS.OPP. 1758 YDS / 195.3

POINTS ALLOWED 93 PTS / 10.3

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING YARDS/ATT./AVG. PER TDS

SENSABAUGH 979 YDS/ 135 7.3 8

CRAWFORD 416 YDS/77 5.4 10

SYLVESTER 301 YDS/47 6.4 5

LAWSON 256 YDS/48 5.3 1

ERWIN 121 YDS/24 5.0 2

J.BROWN 49 YDS/7 7.0

MICHAEL 35 YD/4 6.3

STEELE 18 YD/1 18.0 1

ROOP 10 YDS/5 2.0

CROSS 4 YDS/1 4.0

BREEDING 3 YDS/2 1.5

SEABOLT 1 YD./1 1.0

PASSING COMP./ATT./ % YDS TDS INT.

CRAWFORD 72/107 67% 1134 11 4

ROOP 0/2

SEABOLT 0/2

RECEIVING REC./YARDS/AVG.PER TD REC.

ADAMS 34/ 659 19.4 7

STEELE 14/ 204 14.6 3

DORAN 7/ 88 12.6

SYLVESTER 6/ 80 13.3

LAWSON 4/ 48 12.0

SENSABAUGH 2/ 2 1.0

TEMPLETON 1/ 32 32.0 1

MICHAEL 1/ 11 11.0

CLARK 1/ 9 9.0

ERWIN 1/ 0

SCORING

CRAWFORD 60

SENSABAUGH 48

ADAMS 42

MITCHAM 40

STEELE 32

SYLVESTER 30

ERWIN 12

TEMPLETON 6

LAWSON 6

PUNTING

DORAN 751 YDS./ 22 PUNTS 34.1 AVG.

CRAWFORD 48 YDS/1 PUNT 48.0 AVG

PUNT RETURNS

J.SYLVESTER 28 YDS./5 RETURN 5.6 AVG.

CRAWFORD 18 YDS/3 RETURNS 6.0 AVG.

KICKOFFS

MITCHAM 2733 YDS/51 KICKS 53.6 AVG.

KICKOFF RETURNS

STEELE 381 YDS. /9 ATTEMPTS 42.3 AVG.

ANDERSON 92 YDS./6 ATT. 15.3 AVG.

NEELEY 7 YDS./1 ATT. 7.0

CLARK 0 YDS./1 ATT.

EXTRA POINTS

MITCHAM 34/37

FIELD GOALS

MITCHAM 2/3

MADE 33,31

MISSED 46(BLOCKED)

BLOCKS TO TD

CHURCH-16

HANSEN-12

TOMPKINS-11

LAWSON-9

CARTER-5

TEMPLETON-5

FULLER-5

BATEMAN-5

ADAMS-5

RICH-4

STEELE-2

FLEMING-2

DORAN-1

NEELEY-1

HOOVER-1

W.ANDERSON-1

CROSS-1

CLARK-1

DORAN-1

KNOCKDOWN BLOCKS

CHURCH-22

HANSEN-22

TOMPKINS-15

FULLER-12

ADAMS-6

FLEMING-6

CARTER-5

LAWSON-3

BATEMAN-3

TEMPLETON-2

RICH-2

DORAN-1

SENSABAUGH-1

HOOVER-1

TACKLE LEADERS

Zach Fleming, 63 tackles, 6 TFL, 1 Sack

Jason Michael, 55 tackles, 6 TFL, 4 pass break-ups, 1 caused fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 int

James Templeton, 40 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 Hurry, 1 Sack, 1 fumble recovery

Sammy Collins, 40 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Hurry, 2 Sacks

Wil Bateman, 37 tackles, 7 TFL, 5 Hurries, 1 sack, 5 caused fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries

Devin Sylvester, 35 tackles, 4 TFLs, 3 PBUs, 2 int

Jordan Edwards, 31 tackles, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 fumble recovery, 1 Int, 1 blocked kick

Craig Carter, 31 tackles, 7 TFL, 8 Hurries, 2 Sacks, 1 PBU, 2 caused fumbles

Justin Sylvester, 27 tackles, 1 Hurry, 2 PBU, 1 caused fumble, 3 ints

Rusty Clark, 27 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Hurry, 1 int

Jordan Lawson, 24 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Hurry

Kevin Kay, 23 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 PBU

Derrick Steele, 19 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 PBUs, 1 fumble recovery, 2 ints

Wesley Anderson, 18 tackles, 1 caused fumble

Devin Ricker, 16 tackles, 2 TFL

Brandon Brewster, 16 tackles

Hunter Neeley, 11 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 PBU

Jamie Crawford, 5 tackles, 1 caused fumble, 2 int

Ryan Church, 5 tackles

Mark Erwin, 5 tackles, 1 Hurry

Desmond Conley, 3 tackles

Rob Cross, 2 tackles

Craig Mitcham, 2 tackles

Chris Sensabaugh, 2 tackles

Sean Seabolt, 2 tackles

Raffe Cleary, 2 tackles

Patrick Hansen, 2 tackles

(9 others 1 tackle each)

Im not sure tricitiessportsfan i didnt make the trip to CC, but from the radio i dont think Crawford saw any action on Defense nor did i hear anything about slyvester going into the game. But I will say a complete 180 in the playcalling GC good job keep it up and keep them guessing and this Offense will get rolling at the right time. But as Batman said im not sure if i would this game, but def. come playoffs, i would play #10 Crawford on defense and #32 sensabough on defense along with #2 slyvester, we need our best players on the field the whole game to compete with region 2, and thats a fact.

Roll Tribe Roll

If SH won and Bearden won, I see how a three way tie might go to DB.

But, if Bearden lost and SH won, it seems to me the seeding of two one loss teams (DB and SH) would be decided by head to head competition. Does this also mean the THS - South game is in a similar situation. This seems crazy to me.

If SH won and Bearden won, I see how a three way tie might go to DB.

But, if Bearden lost and SH won, it seems to me the seeding of two one loss teams (DB and SH) would be decided by head to head competition. Does this also mean the THS - South game is in a similar situation. This seems crazy to me.

That is a good question. Is the tie-breaker head to head or best overall record in a 2 team tie? Ron Bliss does not address that. I think SH would be the #1 Seed in a tie with DB, even though the Indians would still have the better record. Maybe the #1 Seed is still up for grabs?

I bet he writes more about that soon.

The winner of the TN High vs. South Game will be Region 1 4A Champs and the #1 Seed. Going into the final game of the Regular Season, both are undefeated in Region play.

Roll Tribe Roll

That is a good question. Is the tie-breaker head to head or best overall record in a 2 team tie? Ron Bliss does not address that. I think SH would be the #1 Seed in a tie with DB, even though the Indians would still have the better record. Maybe the #1 Seed is still up for grabs?

I bet he writes more about that soon.

The winner of the TN High vs. South Game will be Region 1 4A Champs and the #1 Seed. Going into the final game of the Regular Season, both are undefeated in Region play.

Roll Tribe Roll

TSSAA: Dobyns-Bennett is first, Bearden is second, and Science Hill is third unless Science Hill wins and Bearden loses, in which case, Science Hill is first, Dobyns-Bennett is second, and Bearden is third.

TSSAA: Dobyns-Bennett is first, Bearden is second, and Science Hill is third unless Science Hill wins and Bearden loses, in which case, Science Hill is first, Dobyns-Bennett is second, and Bearden is third.

Thanks for clearing that up THSViking... That all seems right and Bliss should have touched on that since he wrote an article about it. But Bliss is still the best around for North East TN Football or Basketball.

And so it is clear... I sure hope the Vikings take care of the South Rebels Friday Night. Just for giggles. 44-00, ani't that right WaCo?

With all that said... Bearden will destroy Jeff Co. I think the Pats have packed it in, weeks ago. I expected that #2 Sylvester was going to play "some" against Campbell Co., but the bad weather put that on ice. What are the thoughts of playing Sylvester against SH? It seems like Graham Clark is being very cautious this season about his players. To me, he is playing more for the line-up on week 11 than he is for the Regular Season. One thing for use, the Indians have built better depth as this season has gone on than in years past.

Just look in the Defensive Backfield for confirmation. Kevin Kay, Brandon Brewster and Derrick Steele, all are seasoned vetrans now. Compare that to the beginning of the year. Add Sylvester and the DB DB's are very solid.

And tricitiessportsfan... Kevin Kay should have been credited for an INT last week at Campbell County, right?

Roll Tribe Roll