Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times must I give you people a "history lesson", I never left I have been right here. I came back after the 28-0 loss to Franklin and told you all that Ravenwood was not done. That Ravenwood would pull it together, and put themselves into position when the time came (here we stand with an automatic birth into the play-offs no matter what happens). I also remember saying "eventually Franklin will choke, and it will probably be against BHS or CHS. Franklin is incapable of closing the door" We all saw your cute-pretty-boy-defense crumble when it really mattered against Brentwood (they choked).

I guess you are right, I have offended a lot of people, because people hate to hear the truth. That is what I offer "the truth".

Franklin may have the ability to beat the Cougars this weekend, but I doubt they will "do-what-is-needed" now that the pressure is on. Every fan of region 6-5A football pointed to the BHS-FHS as the "region-title-match", the pressure was on, and Franklin curled-up-and-quit (like a turtle). Whether it is the build-up to the IHS playoff game last year, or the buzz surrounding the BHS game this year. Everyone involved with Franklin football (Coaches & players) are un-able to get the job done. I stumbled across an interesting quote the other day, and it reminded me of FHS football.

I do not fear an army of LIONS if they are lead by a SHEEP...But I do fear a lion of SHEEP led my a LION

So I know realize that there is nothing scary about anything Franklin can bring to the table. I will go on record as to saying that "Franklin's O-line will give the game away this weekend". Sure they looked good against mediocre D-lines, but the moment they ran into a strong-disciplined D-line (Brentwood) they broke at the seams. This weekend, the rag-tag team will face a new challenge to quit against... A speedy-D-line. Brentwood knocked Franklin off the ball, and Centennial will blow past Franklin after the snap of the ball. Everybody takes so much pride in their "impenetrable-O-line", well we will see what FHS supporters have to say after CHS's D-line plays the majority of the game in Franklin's back-field.

Franklin is an army of SHEEP...led by SHEEP

LOL Omg you are bolder than I thought you were.....Dreaming about sheep?? hahahaha

I dont see how you think Centennial has a speedy D Line??????

You are the best joke I have run into in a loooong time....

To all you Centennial fans who think your defense is anywhere near decent, here's some stats for you....

Dickson County- 41 points allowed

Ravenwood-28 points allowed

Columbia-26 points allowed

Independence-28 points allowed

PAGE-28 points allowed

Brentwood-28 points allowed

The only time you gave up less than 20 points was to GLENCLIFF AND CLARSKVILLE! That is awful!

Franklin's D has given up only 13 points on average to these teams (and I didn't count PAGE because they are just plain terrible)

CENTENNIAL'S D IS AWFUL, AND FRANKLIN WILL RUN AND PASS ALL OVER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all you Centennial fans who think your defense is anywhere near decent, here's some stats for you....

PAGE-28 points allowed

The only time you gave up less than 20 points was to GLENCLIFF AND CLARSKVILLE! That is awful!

Franklin's D has given up only 13 points on average to these teams (and I didn't count PAGE because they are just plain terrible)

CENTENNIAL'S D IS AWFUL, AND FRANKLIN WILL RUN AND PASS ALL OVER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet they remain 7-2. There have been a lot of points let up, no doubt about it, but the defense has gotten it done when they've needed to.

And trust me, Centennial will score many, many more points than 13.

and to add to MIDTN--

that average for franklin's D in those game is misleading it should be even better because in the independence game Independence scored all their 20 points in the 4th quarter against Franklin's reserves.... so Franklin's starting D only really averaged under 10 pts a game against those teams listed while centennial gave up was well over 20 pts.

and yes Centennial will more than likely score more than 13 points but to say that Centennial's D will be able tostop Franklin's offense when they have a hard time stopping Dickson County's is a comnpletly ridiculous statement...

PAGE-28 points allowed

I'm guessing you didn't read my post earlier. Yes, CHS has given up alot of points this year. But the bottom line is, for the last 7 games, they've allowed fewer points than the other team. Like I said, despite being outgained, despite falling into early holes, the defense still makes the plays when they count, and thats how theyre winning games.

But look at the opposing part of Mid Tn's post and dont forget about the fact Franklin really has given up less than 10 points a game to those opponents, yes you might have been able to put up forty plus points aghainst the likes of Dickson County but Centennial will not be able to do that against Franklin's D who has only given up 21 points or more agaisnt Brentwood, McCallie and Hillsboro. Bottom line..... Both teams will score a lot of points most likeely but Centennial's defense will not be bailed out by their offense this game....

PAGE-28 points allowed

I just don't understand how a team can lose to a team like Page, and then win 7 straight games in the one of the toughest regions in the state. They have to lose sometime, they can't play like that for a whole season after losing to them. Any team that gives up 41 to DCHS, 26 to Columbia, 28 to Indy, and 28 to Page doesn't stand a chance against Franklin's offense.

And yet they remain 7-2. There have been a lot of points let up, no doubt about it, but the defense has gotten it done when they've needed to.

And trust me, Centennial will score many, many more points than 13.

Doubt it, the Rebels have has had two shutouts, the Indy game could have easily had been a shutout and gotten even more out of hand, seeing that Indy didn't put up a point until Franklin began to put in JV players. So, you MIGHT put up more points than 13, but MANY more points, will not happen. Also, even if Centennial was able to put up some points, they will never be able to stop Franklin's offense. They have won by 20 points or more in six games this year, and have put up more than 40 points in five of them. So, lets see...................