Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

Yeah definitely. We all know how big this rivalry has become with the history and tradition of both schools and we both know having played in this game in the past couple years. I think it could be a closer game than some expect, but with that said I also think it could be a blowout. I will make a prediction later in the week after I talk to a few players about how practice went and how they are looking at this game. It is weird to think that this is the last year this rivalry will be a region game, and knowing this game will no longer be for a region title. Farragut has finally started a winning streak after losing for some 15 years in a row. I look for Farragut to continue that streak this year, but not sure by how much so stayed tuned for my score later in the week. Also I hope these teams can work it out in their schedules to continue to play each other in the coming years, because it would be weird to know that Farragut doesn't get to play Oak Ridge anymore.

Farragut and Oak Ridge will play each other need year it will be a non-region game.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a fun night for all the seniors and there parents. I remember my senior night when I played at Farragut but we didn't have our parents with us. This will be a awesome time for me to see my son finish his career at the same place were I played. It has been a great fours years.

What is pretty interesting about all this my Jr year we were sitting in the same situation Farragit is this year we need Carter to beat Maryville in the last game to win the district just like SD and Ooltewah and Carter won. My senior year we won the district out right just like last years team did. Then it was call district not region. The last time Farragut won a region or district was my senior year up till last year. Farragut won back to back district or regions in 1988 and 1989. It would be pretty cool to see my son and the team to do the same.

This will be a fun night for all the seniors and there parents. I remember my senior night when I played at Farragut but we didn't have our parents with us. This will be a awesome time for me to see my son finish his career at the same place were I played. It has been a great fours years.

What is pretty interesting about all this my Jr year we were sitting in the same situation Farragit is this year we need Carter to beat Maryville in the last game to win the district just like SD and Ooltewah and Carter won. My senior year we won the district out right just like last years team did. Then it was call district not region. The last time Farragut won a region or district was my senior year up till last year. Farragut won back to back district or regions in 1988 and 1989. It would be pretty cool to see my son and the team to do the same.

fsunoles, What is the scenario that has to play out for Farragut to win the region? If Soddy beats Ooltewah, and we beat Oak Ridge, wouldn't that mean both us and Ooltewah have one and loss. Then it would go to head-up, and they beat us in head-up play so therefore they would be the region champion. Please correct me if I am wrong, just thought that is how it works. Trust me I am pulling for Farragut all the way.

fsunoles, What is the scenario that has to play out for Farragut to win the region? If Soddy beats Ooltewah, and we beat Oak Ridge, wouldn't that mean both us and Ooltewah have one and loss. Then it would go to head-up, and they beat us in head-up play so therefore they would be the region champion. Please correct me if I am wrong, just thought that is how it works. Trust me I am pulling for Farragut all the way.

If (for all the know it all Owl readers on this message board) SD beats Ooltewah and we beat OR we would win the region. Ooltewah already has a lose and if SD beats them that would be two and we would have one head to head would go to us. SD would be second and Ooltewah would be third. If we lose to OR and SD beats Ooltewah then SD would win the region Ooltewah in second and Farragut in third.

If (for all the know it all Owl readers on this message board) SD beats Ooltewah and we beat OR we would win the region. Ooltewah already has a lose and if SD beats them that would be two and we would have one head to head would go to us. SD would be second and Ooltewah would be third. If we lose to OR and SD beats Ooltewah then SD would win the region Ooltewah in second and Farragut in third.

But that loss is not in region play, it is to Maplewood, so it wouldn't matter correct?

no, it wouldnt

Seriously, I agree with fsunoles, you all are pathetic. We at Farragut understand you beat, are you all that ridiculous that you can't get over the fact that you all beat us. We beat you all twice last year and ended your all's season,but you didn't us on your offseason thread or on your all's first game thread talking smack. GET OVER YOURSELVES YOU BEAT US, WE ALL KNOW IT, AND WE WILL SEE EACH OTHER IN THE PLAYOFFS, BUT UNTIL THAT TIME STAY ON YOUR ALL'S THREAD!!!

Admiral Dude,

You would be correct if Soddy-Daisy won, it would be a 3 way tie for the region title. Then it would go to overall wins to determine the seeds (since head-to-head wouldn't matter since everyone beat each other). Since Ooltewah only played 9 games, they would drop to third, with Farragut, first and Soddy-Daisy, second.

It was two years ago that Farragut beat Ooltewah twice, last year, Bearden put Ooltewah out of the playoffs.