Ooltewah Owls vs Soddy Daisy Trojans

VOID70

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if "pj" lives beside hunter middle, he is zoned for ooltewah or central, how is playing for soddy?

PJ moved from Tyner to Soddy using the majority to minority loop hole. he was going to go to Red Bank but Coach Slaughter went to Soddy so he followed him and that offense to Soddy Daisy, this is fact not speculation. But, who cares. im just setting the record straight!

PJ moved from Tyner to Soddy using the majority to minority loop hole. he was going to go to Red Bank but Coach Slaughter went to Soddy so he followed him and that offense to Soddy Daisy, this is fact not speculation. But, who cares. im just setting the record straight!

I like P.J. and Pat. They have both worked very hard on P.J.??™s high school career in football and P.J. deserves the accolades he has earned this year. I'll bet coach Slaughter is glad to have him. He was in the gym many times at 05:30 AM when everyone else was sleeping, and he worked tirelessly at night attending sessions at D-1. His dad may be overbearing at times, but he really wants the best for his son. As far as being zoned for one school and going to another. If a player is motivated to stay in school, be a good student and make good grades by enjoying athletics, then I say go where you want. If one team doesn't need your talents, another may really benefit from them. Fine with me.

P.J. is a very good short stop! His hitting was suspect at times and his arm strength wasn't the best; but certainly adequate for HS baseball. I hope that he decides to play baseball at SD.

Now, with all that being said. P.J. is not fast enough to run away from our defense. He is quick and I'm sure they have worked on his speed over the past two years, but I just don't see it. I think he averages about 98 yards per game...I don't think he will get 50 on 20 carries this week...but we will see.

Owls 45 Trojans 10

...3/4 of the freshman players quit sophmore year for some odd reason. Concentrating on "certain sports" Last 2 studs to come through Ooltewah played football/basketball/baseball for Ooltewah and both are playing minor league baseball. Adam Howard - Kyler Burke

The answer is simple. Three JV games last year and ONE JV game this year. These kids aren't willing to get their heads beat in every week for no playing time. With that said, I think the Sophmores that stick it out through this time will be great players come their Junior and Senior years. Look at this years junior class... point made.

Go Owls!!!

I agree with Horned Owl... finish this by halftime. That will also make sure all of our players see enough real game play time to get the experience they will need for next year.

The answer is simple. Three JV games last year and ONE JV game this year. These kids aren't willing to get their heads beat in every week for no playing time. With that said, I think the Sophmores that stick it out through this time will be great players come their Junior and Senior years. Look at this years junior class... point made.

Go Owls!!!

I agree with Horned Owl... finish this by halftime. That will also make sure all of our players see enough real game play time to get the experience they will need for next year.

JV games are fine for develping players but players get better by practicing against better players. Where do they get a better idea of competition than in practice against the Varsity every week. In everything people need to learn how to pay a price for what they get. It 's not an Upward League. We live in a society that wants everthing to be equal and fair and that's part of the problem. No one wants to have their kids deal with dificulties.

JV games are fine for develping players but players get better by practicing against better players. Where do they get a better idea of competition than in practice against the Varsity every week. In everything people need to learn how to pay a price for what they get. It 's not an Upward League. We live in a society that wants everthing to be equal and fair and that's part of the problem. No one wants to have their kids deal with dificulties.

You are dead-on.......but,it doesn't really matter,because people will always grip about,why this,why that.,..what matters most is,the kids that start should and the kids that get any playing time should,the ones that don't,WILL(sooner or later).In a school that size,w/ all kinds of talent walking the halls,it is tough to stand-out,trust me real tough,but if you can get any playing time before you are a senior(at any sport),you have done something right(in most cases).If so many people claim to be fans they should cheer for their school,since it is a big school in a small,close knit community,but so many boys today,would rather see who is the best football player on playstation and nintendo,than get out and sweat and fight for a spot on any team.With that said................GO Ooltewah beat the snot out of lady trojans!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> finally somebody with some sense /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />