Gordonsville @ Clay County

croz6110

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I didn't know any better I'd say G'ville purposely laid and egg so they didn't have to play the parrot perches. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They dont have the egg laying abilities. You have to have a player leader to do that.

Gordonsville was leading this game 14-0 a minute or two into the 2nd quarter, and they were still up 14-12 at halftime. Clay County made some good halftime adjustments and it seemed to me that their boys were a little hungrier for the win. Final score was 54-28. Gordonsville's not a bad team. They're going to be returning a lot of players. They will be in a tough region again after the reclassification process, but they will be back in competition next year hopefully. As for Clay County, Coach Brown and those players have done a great job turning things around. In '06 they were 2-8, in '07 they were 5-5, and so far in '08 they are 7-3. Yes, they don't play the toughest schedule in the state, but the games they lost were to TC, FCS, and Watertown. A whole lot of teams would do that. Congratulations Bulldogs. If South Pitt. wears you out, at least you earned the right to be there. Keep it up.

the score was clay county 54 to gorddonsville 28 and the last two tds were against most of Clay County jv Clay scored 42 the second half gordonsville never took a starter out this was a big win for clay and there program hopefully it will get some fans and students excited about football around here again it will be a hard game at south pitt but hey were there and a lot of teams cant say that congrats to all the boys and great job too the coachs

You can expect a last year Lookout Valley team. Which may be stretching it some.

I would say that is stretching it a lot. Clay County is no where near as good as last years Lookout Valley team. Not meaning to put down the Bulldogs, but they are not to that level yet. However, they are a team on the rise and I think they have the potential to get back to the level they were at in the late 80s and early 90s.

the score was clay county 54 to gorddonsville 28 and the last two tds were against most of Clay County jv Clay scored 42 the second half gordonsville never took a starter out this was a big win for clay and there program hopefully it will get some fans and students excited about football around here again it will be a hard game at south pitt but hey were there and a lot of teams cant say that congrats to all the boys and great job too the coachs

I saw the last two touchdowns and I don't believe Celina put in their jv until their last offensive series.

Neither here nor there.

However, Gville just made mistakes that killed them all night, fumbles, stupid penalties, and so on, and they didn't stop the big plays.

Oh well, I think a full off-season with Coach Marshall and Gville will be better than they've been in the past ten years, and they'll still be a young team next year.

If these kids can learn what Coach Marshall wants and they become aggressive, Look Out.

They dont have the egg laying abilities. You have to have a player leader to do that.

G'Ville will be back in no time. Everybody has a bad year occasionally. Especially in a small 1A where you can't count on consistant athletes coming through year in/ year out. But G'ville will be fine. too much tradition and pride over there to be held down for very long.

Good luck with the ticker Money from all the FCS faithful!

I saw the last two touchdowns and I don't believe Celina put in their jv until their last offensive series.

Neither here nor there.

However, Gville just made mistakes that killed them all night, fumbles, stupid penalties, and so on, and they didn't stop the big plays.

Oh well, I think a full off-season with Coach Marshall and Gville will be better than they've been in the past ten years, and they'll still be a young team next year.

If these kids can learn what Coach Marshall wants and they become aggressive, Look Out.

Croz, no offense to your assessment, but there is no way this team, even after a full offseason will be as good as the 01, and 02 teams. It will be a couple of more years before they are back in contention. And is it me, or did this team look REALLY slow this year?