IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Yes, Jeff County handled Seymour pretty easily. Jeff County passed well, shot well, and pressed well. They play hard and their coach does a good job. Appears Seymour will lean heavily on the point guard (JR) and post (FR) and several other freshmen so they should continue to get better and should have some good seasons down the road.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice "first" trip.... HA!

My canes played better than even I expected and almost pulled it out. Coach Livesay's line up looked good Foul trouble hurt early on and Heritage was able to get a little cushion but we fought back in the 2nd and made it a game. The uppers played well in a leadership role and the freshman held there own. On a personal note, Samantha and the Burnette girl from Heritage were having a shootout. Come to find out, the Burnette girls Dad and I played at Maryville College a hundred years ago(just funny how small a world we live in)

Jeff County's point guard played really well, hit some outside shots and got several steals in the half court that turned into easy lay-ups. They played a lot of girls and everyone contributed.

jeff county also had a post, Madison McWilliams who played well last night. she had 15 or 16 points. the point guard nelson did have a good game most of the time. unfortunately, the team may have lost a player for a while, lacy miller went down early and i saw her leave on crutches. hope she gets back soon. any word on why lyke didn't play last night?

the girls played pretty hard last night overall. nice to watch a team that puts forth a hard effort, win or lose.

Hey Trotter,

How do you do?? What were the individual stats? Panther, who did well for Jeff County?

I'm dad on video so I dont really get the stats as a whole but we were in foul trouble early with I think 14 the first half and Sam had to sit out most of the half with 3 and still had 5 assists 4 rebounds and 17 points at 6 of 8 (5 of 7 from 3pt) from the field. Kayla played strong and was actually one of the few that wasnt in foul trouble. Emily Hensley was to me the equilizing factor as a freshman she stepped in and kept them busy on the boards and changing some shots in the paint.

East lost @ Heritage

final score was 60-54

jeff county also had a post, Madison McWilliams who played well last night. she had 15 or 16 points. the point guard nelson did have a good game most of the time. unfortunately, the team may have lost a player for a while, lacy miller went down early and i saw her leave on crutches. hope she gets back soon. any word on why lyke didn't play last night?

the girls played pretty hard last night overall. nice to watch a team that puts forth a hard effort, win or lose.

Lyke took a hard blow to her knee in practice and has some kind of deep bruise. Doctor releases her to practice today.