IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the score and who did well for south?

53-52 - And EVERYONE did well for SG. Ricker, Dye and Crum were "on" all night. Although, Greeneville led the entire game until the very end. There were quite a few things that went wrong for us but to give credit where it is absolutely due, SG played an almost flawless game. Their 3-ball was on from about every position which allowed them to slowly catch up and overtake us. Our trademark defense was playing tight in the middle but not in the faces of the shooters and that was a huge mistake especially as accurate as they were last night. On a bright note, there is a lot of room for improvement for GHS and I'm sure the "devilettes" will get a good dose of Crumbley Correction over the next week or two.

Hindsight is always 20-20 but here is what I saw that went wrong for the lady devils - Not having Ramsey at 100% mobility and confidence hurt the flow of the game, I think. Although freshman Chandler Christopher did a great job relieving her at the point, her confidence in passing and the other girls comfortablility with it was a factor. She did, however, handle the full-court pressure very well in handling the ball. SG pressed most of the game and we kept letting them trap us in the corner forcing turnovers. We have to work on keeping it in the middle! Foul trouble kept Kelley on the bench early on and that allowed SG to keep it close. She is the normally the second highest scorer and to lose her most of the first half really hurt. (I also heard that the referees this year are going to call every little thing very tightly and they did last night except for the game ending "no call" -- more about that later.) Another thing we did not capitalize on was that SG's Rechelle Dye had 4 fouls by early in the 4th quarter and no one took the ball straight at her to get her out of the game and there were plenty of opportunities. (Coaching staff should probably have assigned that one due to inexperience on the floor.) She ended up driving down the middle on us and her foul shots won the game. Also, although it never should have even been that close, our wonderful IMAC refs blew a call on the last play of the game when Nicole Dickson put up a shot under the basket with less than a second and was hammered, knocked down, and almost everything else that SG is known for doing and there was no call. It was so obvious, the scorekeeper stopped the clock assuming there was a foul since it was so loud in there you couldn't hear a whistle. They indicated "no foul" and let the time expire. Considering I'm sure SG was told to foul and not let us get an easy basket to win, it was almost comical to me that everyone in the gym knew it was coming and saw it happen except the ref on top of it ... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Regardless, it never should have been that close but hat's off to SG, they did a superb job at every position on the floor and their coach did a flawless job strategizing and managing the clock.

Toughnut, hope your girls have their "A" game on because SG definitely does. We didn't and it cost us.

Yeah!! We've been bit by them before. I am really looking forward to that game!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

53-52 - And EVERYONE did well for SG. Ricker, Dye and Crum were "on" all night. Although, Greeneville led the entire game until the very end. There were quite a few things that went wrong for us but to give credit where it is absolutely due, SG played an almost flawless game. Their 3-ball was on from about every position which allowed them to slowly catch up and overtake us. Our trademark defense was playing tight in the middle but not in the faces of the shooters and that was a huge mistake especially as accurate as they were last night. On a bright note, there is a lot of room for improvement for GHS and I'm sure the "devilettes" will get a good dose of Crumbley Correction over the next week or two.

Hindsight is always 20-20 but here is what I saw that went wrong for the lady devils - Not having Ramsey at 100% mobility and confidence hurt the flow of the game, I think. Although freshman Chandler Christopher did a great job relieving her at the point, her confidence in passing and the other girls comfortablility with it was a factor. She did, however, handle the full-court pressure very well in handling the ball. SG pressed most of the game and we kept letting them trap us in the corner forcing turnovers. We have to work on keeping it in the middle! Foul trouble kept Kelley on the bench early on and that allowed SG to keep it close. She is the normally the second highest scorer and to lose her most of the first half really hurt. (I also heard that the referees this year are going to call every little thing very tightly and they did last night except for the game ending "no call" -- more about that later.) Another thing we did not capitalize on was that SG's Rechelle Dye had 4 fouls by early in the 4th quarter and no one took the ball straight at her to get her out of the game and there were plenty of opportunities. (Coaching staff should probably have assigned that one due to inexperience on the floor.) She ended up driving down the middle on us and her foul shots won the game. Also, although it never should have even been that close, our wonderful IMAC refs blew a call on the last play of the game when Nicole Dickson put up a shot under the basket with less than a second and was hammered, knocked down, and almost everything else that SG is known for doing and there was no call. It was so obvious, the scorekeeper stopped the clock assuming there was a foul since it was so loud in there you couldn't hear a whistle. They indicated "no foul" and let the time expire. Considering I'm sure SG was told to foul and not let us get an easy basket to win, it was almost comical to me that everyone in the gym knew it was coming and saw it happen except the ref on top of it ... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Regardless, it never should have been that close but hat's off to SG, they did a superb job at every position on the floor and their coach did a flawless job strategizing and managing the clock.

Toughnut, hope your girls have their "A" game on because SG definitely does. We didn't and it cost us.

I think the whole devil performance was overshadowed by Stacia Crumbley's behavior courtside.....I am normally a big fan, but after watching her physically drag a girl off the court by her shirt-collar I'm having second thoughts.

thanks we have them wed