IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not complaining raiderray...just stating facts in response to tuffy's question. We don't mind...chirp away...we are used to it. I heard one of the Lady Devils' moms saying last night that we're the Kermit the Frog team..."it's not easy being GREEN." Get as much as you can get in though cause I have a feeling you're gonna miss us when we're gone next year. And we also are going to miss the spirited competition. I hope we are able to set up some out of conference games with most of you all.

Rob, yes I was there. Right in the middle of the visitor's section, surrounded by all those Cocke County fans. What's up with that anyway? There was a whole section empty on the CC side. Don't they like sitting on their teams side or are they all living in the past and want to sit in the student section? At the end of the first quarter the team fouls were 6 - 2. At the end of the third quarter it was 6 - 1. It did finally even up with everyone in the double bonus by the end of the game but by that time, our key players were in big foul trouble. I'm sure that was the plan, though. We committed every one of those fouls...I'm just saying that the same amount or more were committed by CC and not called. Regardless, we should have overcome that on our own and didn't.

The rest of the season this year has gotten very interesting!

excuses, excuses.....

uuuuhhhhh...yeah...she did get beat up but she is such a big girl, she takes her licks without much fanfare. But, that's pretty unkind and uninformed if you think the rest of the team is bad. They just had a bad night...every team has those occaisionally.

Incidentally, to all of those crowing about what a great win it was, I don't know if you noticed it but there was a very sad young lady in dress clothes on the bench for GHS that could have, check that, WOULD have made a huge difference last night. In a close contest like this, not having one of your starters, highest scorers and best rebounders had to have had an impact. I believe CC experienced something similar last year. At full strength and health, GHS is an awesome team with Nicole and without her.

more excuses....If it's not the refs fault then you are blaming injuries....If you haven't noticed Greeneville isn't the only team to EVER deal with injuries...... no one wants or wishes injuries to players but, A GOOD team deals with it fights through... ENOUGH WITH ALL YOUR EXCUSES..!!!!!!!!!!!

A few thoughts/notes on the Greeneville-Cocke Co. game...

* Defensive struggle. There weren't many uncontested shots in the game. Almost every team had a defender on every shot. The two most wide open shots of the night may have been the 3-point shot and a long 2 both by Ramsey. Both teams were keen on stopping the others playmaker... and CCHS was going to make Greeneville beat them outside.

CCHS just had more offensive weapons than Greeneville. Regardless, both these teams are very good defensively - and don't see either team "winning big" in the next match-up(s) in February.

*I thought the main key for Greeneville (and the game) was how can the supporting cast help out Nicole. Nicole will score her average or higher, thats a given, but how much help can she get? Story had 8 last night, no one else more than five.

*Cocke County's X Factors I feel were: 1) the play of Jalese Pruitt. Jalese got her first start since the Morristown West game on Friday and really came to play. If she plays at that level - its going to be tough to beat Cocke County. 2) Morgan Buda's attacking the basket. Cocke County is a different team when she looks for her shot, they are even more different when she penetrates to the basket. Friday was the first time I had saw Buda play like that since the Greeneville tournament game 2 years ago.

*Shannon Depew... Hats off to her. Intercepting the lob pass, getting fouled and making the free-throws at the end couldnt have been more fitting. She was at the line in that tournament game two years ago, down by one and missed the front-end of a one-and-one. I think it was a huge weight off her shoulders.

Shannon is also now 14 points away from 1,000 career points.

more excuses....If it's not the refs fault then you are blaming injuries....If you haven't noticed Greeneville isn't the only team to EVER deal with injuries...... no one wants or wishes injuries to players but, A GOOD team deals with it fights through... ENOUGH WITH ALL YOUR EXCUSES..!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick, I really wonder about your reading/comprehension skills. Must be the school you attend(ed) so I will make allowances and try to be patient with your rudeness. If you would take time to read through the entire thread of this conversation, you would see that I am just responding to comments and questions about specific incidents, i.e. foul imbalance, GHS is a bad team, etc... I never said it was the refs fault; in fact I said we should have been able to overcome them. I just flat out said they were awful on both ends of the court which other posters have attested to as well. If you would/could read my original post on this subject...I clearly said CC played great and we didn't. No excuses there. We are just analyzing the wheres whats and whys. I thought this is what this site is all about.

PTS, you are right on with your analysis. CC is clicking on all cylinders right now. They will give MW a run for it if they continue to do so. And I totally agree. If someone (or several someones) doesn't step up to fill the Kelley void in supporting Nicole, the Lady Devils are going to continue to struggle. If they do figure out how to adjust to their injury problem, I still say it's anybody's conference between the top 3. There's a whole lot of basketball still left to be played.

Ok, I have a question--why is it that when anybody brings up the fact that Johnny only plays 7 and then points out that West has 2 EXTREMEMLY PHYSICAL and tiring away games in a 3 game schedule next week on top of 3 games last week,that there is always somone assuming that they are whining about playing time for their baby????

It is only COMMON SENSE that the starting 5 plus 2 are going to be tired by Friday, especially after the charged, physical game that Thursday is going to be. The whole point of my post was that West could very easily get beat next week, not that my "baby" isn't playing enough!!

Good grief

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

A few thoughts/notes on the Greeneville-Cocke Co. game...

* Defensive struggle. There weren't many uncontested shots in the game. Almost every team had a defender on every shot. The two most wide open shots of the night may have been the 3-point shot and a long 2 both by Ramsey. Both teams were keen on stopping the others playmaker... and CCHS was going to make Greeneville beat them outside.

CCHS just had more offensive weapons than Greeneville. Regardless, both these teams are very good defensively - and don't see either team "winning big" in the next match-up(s) in February.

*I thought the main key for Greeneville (and the game) was how can the supporting cast help out Nicole. Nicole will score her average or higher, thats a given, but how much help can she get? Story had 8 last night, no one else more than five.

*Cocke County's X Factors I feel were: 1) the play of Jalese Pruitt. Jalese got her first start since the Morristown West game on Friday and really came to play. If she plays at that level - its going to be tough to beat Cocke County. 2) Morgan Buda's attacking the basket. Cocke County is a different team when she looks for her shot, they are even more different when she penetrates to the basket. Friday was the first time I had saw Buda play like that since the Greeneville tournament game 2 years ago.

*Shannon Depew... Hats off to her. Intercepting the lob pass, getting fouled and making the free-throws at the end couldnt have been more fitting. She was at the line in that tournament game two years ago, down by one and missed the front-end of a one-and-one. I think it was a huge weight off her shoulders.

Shannon is also now 14 points away from 1,000 career points.

Sounds like Cocke County vs. Morristown West game Friday night will be a barn burner. We have a game Friday so PLEASE post some specific details about the game as I'll be very interested to see how this one turns out.

how bout you do all west fans a favor and dont worry so much about their substitution patterns. sounds to me like your daughter is not getting enough playing time which is the basis of your complaint. they are 15-1 last time i checked. they are doing pretty good it seems with the current rotation of players. go west!

FastPace - Toughnut can't complain about her daughter not getting much play time. Her daughter is the only sophmore that starts. You won't find many hightly ranked teams with a sophmore starter that can hit the threes like her daughter. She does have a good point. Coach Galyon has to think about the fourth quarter of Friday night's game starting on Monday night.

Sorry, I probably should let this one go, but can't. There was another girl in street clothes Friday night, who has not played all season, and told the Lady Red girls in the locker room before the G'ville game, if she could, she would be happy to trade places with any of them. Being a senior and a two year starter, she desperately wanted to be on the floor for that game. She would have struggled with the quickness of a Mo West, but in the defensive struggle with G'ville she would have be in the thick of it. Kelsey's recovery is progressing, she is about a month from beginning to run.

Best wishes to Kelsey on A speedy and complete recovery......This victory belongs to all those on the Cocke co team.!!!!! Heck I bet all of newport feel like this one belongs to them!

congrats to cocke co. on beating greeneville!! great bunch of players and super parents. ashame kelsey is out because not only is she a great kid but she would have helped this team.

congrats to cocke co. on beating greeneville!! great bunch of players and super parents. ashame kelsey is out because not only is she a great kid but she would have helped this team.

Big game friday night between West and CCHS...pink jerseys are coming out and its homecoming it's gonna be a packed loud house for the game between number one and two

West has a battle with very tough South Greene before they come into CCHS and we don't play until Friday so we should be the fresher team

Great physical game between CCHS and GHS.. I didnt see any one sided officiating we had fould trouble too...The IMAC refs are just bad..watched sever games over the school break and all the offiiciating was bad..JCHS and CCHS was worse that the GHS game