IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Tough you are correct......there were some that were there for just a few of them. Marjorie Butler-Webb

Tory Hyder-Powell Alisha Dowling-Powell Madison Lee-Mcminn Central Maddie Treasure-West

I didnt realize you knew so much about us. Ill miss the older group this year.

Back to the Imac.

I agree the IMAC appears to be one of the stonger districts this year with a lot of high school talent spread up and down the district.

It makes the district so much fun to watch!!!!!!!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to say congrats to JC on their win friday night against Cherokee 53 - 33. The lady pats have won 4 in a row. they travel to sevier county tonight for their first of three games this week. couple of questions: anyone know the make up date with south doyle? and did anyone go to the game friday night at jc? saw the box score where ryans was held to just 6 points

I went Friday. This was the first time I had seen Cherokee this year. Except for the two post players (Ryans and another lady), they are really SMALL! Hopefully, for them, it is because they are young, so maybe they will continue to grow. If they do, and given a couple of years with Coach Price, this could be a tough bunch next year, and certainly two seasons from now.

Jeff put a lot of pressure on the Cherokee guards early, and then the Lady Chiefs also used Ryans up high for picks, which took her away from the basket quite a bit. Jeff got out early on 4 three pointers, but Cherokee would battle back. It didn't become a blow out until the 4th quarter.

My opinion, Jeff is playing too many people prior to garbage time. There are players who just don't have a chance to get into a rhythm and then they are off the court. I saw two examples where a player makes a great play on offense, and then they are out of the game. I know they played 9 players before they had played 9 minutes of the game. Do the math on that. 9 minutes, times 5 players is 45 minutes of playing time. That is an average of 5 minutes per player, and with Nelson and Miller playing a lot becasue of the point guard duties, there are several of the other 7 getting 2 minutes or less. Some might say, great, he is using his depth, but I think he is just creating doubt and timid play in the players. They feel like they cannot afford to make a mistake.

My opinion is likely not shared by many of the parents, but you can't coach based on which parents are going to call you if thier girl doesn't play. I think you pick 8, with a 9th ready if foul trouble happens, and then get those 8 or nine ready. If someone else starts making a move in practice, that is great, you can use it to motivate everyone else.

My other observation is this. Jeff County hasn't beat a team yet with a winning record. Until they do, I think they are building false expectations within themselves. They still don't work hard enough on the defensive end to beat good teams. If Ashlee Price still played for Cherokee, Cherokee would have won Friday night, because there was opportunity for Cherokee, they just didn't hit shots. Jeff might win tonight at Sevier County, but that might be the last win they get until the District Tourny, and then they likely will beat East, and then lose out. The combination of too many players playing, and not doing the little things, will end up costing them. I hate to say that, because there are a lot of those young ladies I truly care for, and enjoy watching.

Off my soapbox.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

AP Poll is out. Two IMAC Teams in This Week.

Class AAA

Pts Prv

1. Memphis Central (13) 17-1 163 1

2. Morristown West (5) 20-1 146 2

3. Hillsboro 17-1 138 3

4. Oak Ridge 19-2 137 4

5. Wilson Central 17-3 118 5

6. Millington 22-2 101 6

7. Clarksville (1) 19-1 76 9

8. Mt. Juliet 17-3 41 7

9. Cocke County 18-4 23

10. McGavock 16-2 14

Others receiving 12 or more points: Walker Valley 13. White Station 12.

I went Friday. This was the first time I had seen Cherokee this year. Except for the two post players (Ryans and another lady), they are really SMALL! Hopefully, for them, it is because they are young, so maybe they will continue to grow. If they do, and given a couple of years with Coach Price, this could be a tough bunch next year, and certainly two seasons from now.

Jeff put a lot of pressure on the Cherokee guards early, and then the Lady Chiefs also used Ryans up high for picks, which took her away from the basket quite a bit. Jeff got out early on 4 three pointers, but Cherokee would battle back. It didn't become a blow out until the 4th quarter.

My opinion, Jeff is playing too many people prior to garbage time. There are players who just don't have a chance to get into a rhythm and then they are off the court. I saw two examples where a player makes a great play on offense, and then they are out of the game. I know they played 9 players before they had played 9 minutes of the game. Do the math on that. 9 minutes, times 5 players is 45 minutes of playing time. That is an average of 5 minutes per player, and with Nelson and Miller playing a lot becasue of the point guard duties, there are several of the other 7 getting 2 minutes or less. Some might say, great, he is using his depth, but I think he is just creating doubt and timid play in the players. They feel like they cannot afford to make a mistake.

My opinion is likely not shared by many of the parents, but you can't coach based on which parents are going to call you if thier girl doesn't play. I think you pick 8, with a 9th ready if foul trouble happens, and then get those 8 or nine ready. If someone else starts making a move in practice, that is great, you can use it to motivate everyone else.

My other observation is this. Jeff County hasn't beat a team yet with a winning record. Until they do, I think they are building false expectations within themselves. They still don't work hard enough on the defensive end to beat good teams. If Ashlee Price still played for Cherokee, Cherokee would have won Friday night, because there was opportunity for Cherokee, they just didn't hit shots. Jeff might win tonight at Sevier County, but that might be the last win they get until the District Tourny, and then they likely will beat East, and then lose out. The combination of too many players playing, and not doing the little things, will end up costing them. I hate to say that, because there are a lot of those young ladies I truly care for, and enjoy watching.

Off my soapbox.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Very good post. In total agreement.

Well raiderray, this is one parent who has to disagree with you on this one. Coach plays Nelson, Miller, Lyke, Huff, Whiteside, Mcwilliams, Kyle and Batey. When i do the math that is 8. Trentham comes in briefly to make the 9th. This team is not a great team to begin with and they have things to work on, but the majority (8 of those 9) play pretty dang hard. They avg more than 2 minutes per time on the floor. I do feel like Nelson could give more of an effort a lot of the time and i have saw him get on her at times about it. Also there has been improvement along the way this year. You mentioned last years players, if Cherokee had this person they would have won. Well big deal, If Jeff Co. had players from the past they would have won bigger. These girls have beaten the Chiefs twice now and East twice in the district without players from last year. False hope? What in the world does that mean? Anyways, keep working hard Lady Patriots and best of luck this week.

Off my soapbox.

Well raiderray, this is one parent who has to disagree with you on this one. Coach plays Nelson, Miller, Lyke, Huff, Whiteside, Mcwilliams, Kyle and Batey. When i do the math that is 8. Trentham comes in briefly to make the 9th. This team is not a great team to begin with and they have things to work on, but the majority (8 of those 9) play pretty dang hard. They avg more than 2 minutes per time on the floor. I do feel like Nelson could give more of an effort a lot of the time and i have saw him get on her at times about it. Also there has been improvement along the way this year. You mentioned last years players, if Cherokee had this person they would have won. Well big deal, If Jeff Co. had players from the past they would have won bigger. These girls have beaten the Chiefs twice now and East twice in the district without players from last year. False hope? What in the world does that mean? Anyways, keep working hard Lady Patriots and best of luck this week.

As I said, my remarks were not going to sit well with current parents. My comment about Ashlee Price was meant that had Cherokee had one more gun to fire, I think they would have won. I just used Ashlee as an example. As for the minutes, outside of Nelson, I bet there is not a player averaging 20 minutes a game for the season. I think your top 4 players ought to be a playing 75% of a game. That is 24 minutes. My opinion, as I have stated.

If you noticed, I made no comparisons between current and former teams. Each season is different. My point about false hope was that playing weaker teams gives you a false sense of security. You don't learn much about yourself beating a team by 30 points, and in many cases, you can develop bad habits. Jeff County is not playing the type of schedule thay have played in the past. So I think when you are 13-8, or something like that, and playing a Greeneville team on Friday that appears to be on the ropes, the average observer will assume that the Lady Patriots should handle Greeneville. I will be pleasantly surprised if they win Friday night, with or without Coach Lewis. There is a blueprint for success to beat Greeneville, but you have to sell out on defense to do it, and I have not seen that defensive intensity from the Lady Patriots.

I have watched many of the current Lady Patriots for a long time. I care for them. I wish them success. But success isn't handed to you. You have to want it, and be willing to work for it. I hope they find it in themselves to work for it.

Jefferson County drops one to Sevier County 47-44. Bo Lewis was ejected during the game. Looks like JCHS will be going without him the rest of the week, including the game against Greeneville.

Is there a mandatory # of games they have to sit out for an ejection? Or do they have to go before a review board?

Coach Lewis can get fired up. I heard it was 3 T's. Were they all together, or was it three seperate incidents?

Coach Lewis received 3 t's in about 15 seconds from 2 different officials. IMO, the refs went a little crazy a whole lot more than what lewis did. A ref should walk away after giving one, not stand there and bait the coach for a second. His partner then runs in frm nowhere and gives lewis the 3rd. The girls actually took it to heart I believe and played extremely hard(diving on the floor after loose balls and everything). Coach can get fired up, but this was one time the referees went overboard.

Coach Lewis received 3 t's in about 15 seconds from 2 different officials. IMO, the refs went a little crazy a whole lot more than what lewis did. A ref should walk away after giving one, not stand there and bait the coach for a second. His partner then runs in frm nowhere and gives lewis the 3rd. The girls actually took it to heart I believe and played extremely hard(diving on the floor after loose balls and everything). Coach can get fired up, but this was one time the referees went overboard.

Agreed sometimes officials do not help the situation, but rarely is that the case when a coach gets 3 t's. He has to be smart enough to walk away and be quiet. Especially this late in the district season. No dog in the race and wasn't at the game, but 3 t's is hard to justify.