DIVISION II

Chuckthebutcher615

So Maj I don't think there are more than one hundred and twenty teams in D-I that currently have a wrestling team let alone teams that can actually compete at a half decent level of wrestling. MBA is blessed to have Frank Simpson and Stephen Shone coach their varsity wrestlers. I think most coaches in both divisions would be honored to be able to beat 3/4 of D-I's teams. So ya most teams in TN would brag about beating 75% of D-I teams.

Anyway besides having to waste my time on answering that worthless post, BCB I need your opinion for once sir. If Hayes and Marchetti wrested again who do you think would come out on top.......and if you answer Hayes how much did the BSFBAG pay you to respond to this ad, because right now I could use a little bit of extra $$$$$ to buy my brew for the weekends, so maybe BSFBAG could scrath my back to post for them!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Maj I don't think there are more than one hundred and twenty teams in D-I that currently have a wrestling team let alone teams that can actually compete at a half decent level of wrestling. MBA is blessed to have Frank Simpson and Stephen Shone coach their varsity wrestlers. I think most coaches in both divisions would be honored to be able to beat 3/4 of D-I's teams. So ya most teams in TN would brag about beating 75% of D-I teams.

Anyway besides having to waste my time on answering that worthless post, BCB I need your opinion for once sir. If Hayes and Marchetti wrested again who do you think would come out on top.......and if you answer Hayes how much did the BSFBAG pay you to respond to this ad, because right now I could use a little bit of extra $$$$$ to buy my brew for the weekends, so maybe BSFBAG could scrath my back to post for them!!!!

I don't know if somebody peed in your cornflakes this morning or it's just your nature to be argumentative. You chose to disparage D-1 wrestling, I use your figures to point out the simplemindedness of your statement and now you're unhappy ? Try a little bran in your diet, it may improve your disposition. Both Simpson and Shone are quality guys they would never get on here and make any crack about D-1 wrestling, or do any bragging so leave them out. I am talking to you.

There were 104 D-1 teams represented at the state tournament. No doubt a number of teams didn't qualify anybody so the 120 total D-1 teams figure may be pretty close. And yes some of these teams cannot compete at what you determine is a half decent level. But before you yuck it up at the expense of some of the minor D-1 programs try and imagine what life would be like at some of the prep schools you are so enamored with if they had zero budget and no feeder programs to work with. Instead of the all american caliber coaches on staff, they had to make do with a guy who may have wrestled a handful of high school matches.

I don't know if somebody peed in your cornflakes this morning or it's just your nature to be argumentative. You chose to disparage D-1 wrestling, I use your figures to point out the simplemindedness of your statement and now you're unhappy ? Try a little bran in your diet, it may improve your disposition. Both Simpson and Shone are quality guys they would never get on here and make any crack about D-1 wrestling, or do any bragging so leave them out. I am talking to you.

There were 104 D-1 teams represented at the state tournament. No doubt a number of teams didn't qualify anybody so the 120 total D-1 teams figure may be pretty close. And yes some of these teams cannot compete at what you determine is a half decent level. But before you yuck it up at the expense of some of the minor D-1 programs try and imagine what life would be like at some of the prep schools you are so enamored with if they had zero budget and no feeder programs to work with. Instead of the all american caliber coaches on staff, they had to make do with a guy who may have wrestled a handful of high school matches.

First off, In Hoc is a wheaties man not cornflakes. Secondly, I don't think he was "disparaging" D-I wreslting, but rather simply making a comparison to MBA's program getting back on track. AND i'm also sure he was referring to the number of DI teams that qualify for state duals- not the individual tournament where many teams only qualify one two or three wrestlers- which would bring the number down quite a bit... He was simply giving an opinion and never belittled DI, perhaps it's you who should chill out and try some bran in your diet.

First off, In Hoc is a wheaties man not cornflakes. Secondly, I don't think he was "disparaging" D-I wreslting, but rather simply making a comparison to MBA's program getting back on track. AND i'm also sure he was referring to the number of DI teams that qualify for state duals- not the individual tournament where many teams only qualify one two or three wrestlers- which would bring the number down quite a bit... He was simply giving an opinion and never belittled DI, perhaps it's you who should chill out and try some bran in your diet.

In the future if I have anything else to say to In Hoc I'll make sure I direct it to you. Since In Hoc decided it was a" waste " of time answering a "worthless post " I guess he delegates to you.

I would be very happy to see MBA back on top and I agree MBA would be in the top 25% of all D-1 teams.

They would NOT be in the top 3 of the top 10 D-1 teams.

Try the bran.

Well Hockey, thank you for knowing that I am the man for such a prediction. There is an old saying around the bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> house, and it goes like " whoever keeps putting the milk carton back in the fridge when there is only a gulp left, is going to get their butt whup." This is translated into the wrestling world as " to be the man you got to beat the man"

Marchetti is I believe 2-0 against the older Hayes brother, so I would never bet against the big dog until another big dog comes around and pees in his territory.

Now I have a question for you Hockey. I am assuming that you are a law abiding citizen, so why would you need extra $$$$$$ for brew? The only reasonable explanation is that you were 20 last year while wrestling for the Purple team or did they change the age limit in Nashville?

Have a safe weekend.

Sheriff BCB III /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

In the future if I have anything else to say to In Hoc I'll make sure I direct it to you. Since In Hoc decided it was a" waste " of time answering a "worthless post " I guess he delegates to you.

I would be very happy to see MBA back on top and I agree MBA would be in the top 25% of all D-1 teams.

Try the bran.

?????.......Maybe you should just stick to basketball board when the season starts.

Try the bran.

/quote]

I'll bite on this one...I would say that MBA would be a Top 10 D-1 team and that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch....first eliminate all of West TN. They come out to the Blackhorse tournament each year and finish well ahead of all the D-1 schools around Memphis. I would expect the same result in Knoxville. Now look at the middle TN D1 schools, I would say that Clarksville, Indy, and Brentwood might give them a go. From Chattanooga, it would be Bradley, Soddy, Cleveland and ? Someone will probably jump in and add Franklin, Blackman and Notre Dame. Looking at the list there are only 3 and maybe a fourth that I believe would be favored to beat MBA in a dual.

Just my thoughts...

I'll bite on this one...I would say that MBA would be a Top 10 D-1 team and that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch....first eliminate all of West TN. They come out to the Blackhorse tournament each year and finish well ahead of all the D-1 schools around Memphis. I would expect the same result in Knoxville. Now look at the middle TN D1 schools, I would say that Clarksville, Indy, and Brentwood might give them a go. From Chattanooga, it would be Bradley, Soddy, Cleveland and ? Someone will probably jump in and add Franklin, Blackman and Notre Dame. Looking at the list there are only 3 and maybe a fourth that I believe would be favored to beat MBA in a dual.

Just my thoughts...

Are you saying that only 9 D1 teams could compete with MBA and only 3 or 4 of those would be favored to beat MBA? A match with any other D1 team would be a blow out i.e. uncompetitive?

Please accept this communication as a formal invitation to bring the boys to Ooltewah High School. Let me know if you need directions. You might also expect an invitation from the Nation, Hixson, Greenville, Science Hill, and others.

Are you saying that only 9 D1 teams could compete with MBA and only 3 or 4 of those would be favored to beat MBA? A match with any other D1 team would be a blow out i.e. uncompetitive?

Please accept this communication as a formal invitation to bring the boys to Ooltewah High School. Let me know if you need directions. You might also expect an invitation from the Nation, Hixson, Greenville, Science Hill, and others.

add blackman to the list jake's dad...we'll even drive to the hills of Ooltewah to try our hand at the mighty MBA...

ding...ding...ding...

as our fellow coach T poster says... "there is a storm a brewing"...

i rarely make strong statements on here because i don't like to eat crow...but the previous post about MBA is a joke...maybe "smwwrest" is one of those trolls that "maj" talks about...

i bet MBA folks would not put this kind of stuff on here...or would they?

Try the bran.

/quote]

Just my thoughts...

2007 Final Scores

1 Brother Martin 261.5

2 CBHS 244.5

3 Hixson 196

4 St. Bendict 150.5

5 Houston 149.5

6 Germantown 128.5

7 East Literature Magnet 123.5

8 Grissom 122

9 Montgomery Bell Academy 112.5

10 Collierville 109.5

11 Arlington 106.5

12 Bartlett 93.5

13 Kingsbury 74

14 MUS 70

15 Cordova 58

16 Briarcrest 55

17 Brighton 53

18 Crusaders 52.5

Try the bran.

/quote]

Just my thoughts...

2007 Final Scores

1 Brother Martin 261.5

2 CBHS 244.5

3 Hixson 196

4 St. Bendict 150.5

5 Houston 149.5

6 Germantown 128.5

7 East Literature Magnet 123.5

8 Grissom 122

9 Montgomery Bell Academy 112.5

10 Collierville 109.5

11 Arlington 106.5

12 Bartlett 93.5

13 Kingsbury 74

14 MUS 70

15 Cordova 58

16 Briarcrest 55

17 Brighton 53

18 Crusaders 52.5

Valid point for last year, though MBA did not bring a number of their studs...lets go back two more years

2006 - 1. Brother Martin 2. MBA 3. CBHS 4. Grissom 5. MUS 6. Houston

2005 - 1. Brother Martin 2. MBA 3. Grissom 4. CBHS 5. Peachtree Ridge 6. Houston

Notice a trend......