DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

Sorry to disagree with you, but Mr. Moss has had a lot of support and guidance at Central. If you accept what he did tonight as just a random act of losing your cool, then you're delusional. He has some serious issues if he can't control his emotions better than that. He displayed a total lack of respect for his coaches, teammates, and fans. I hope he gets some counseling, or he'll end up doing something serious to someone. I hope Coach Derrick removes him from the team until he straightens up and shows he has control over his anger. The Central program was damaged tonight and they deserve better than what Mr. Moss showed tonight on the sidelines and in the stands. No one person is bigger or more important than the team, regardless of their talent or ability.

Well said. Applies to all teams.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree with you, but Mr. Moss has had a lot of support and guidance at Central. If you accept what he did tonight as just a random act of losing your cool, then you're delusional. He has some serious issues if he can't control his emotions better than that. He displayed a total lack of respect for his coaches, teammates, and fans. I hope he gets some counseling, or he'll end up doing something serious to someone. I hope Coach Derrick removes him from the team until he straightens up and shows he has control over his anger. The Central program was damaged tonight and they deserve better than what Mr. Moss showed tonight on the sidelines and in the stands. No one person is bigger or more important than the team, regardless of their talent or ability.

Um, a little melodramatic and daunting ("he'll end up doing something serious to someone"), but I get your point. He evidently let his emotions get away from him tonight - can't argue with that. However, so did some fans. As a general rule of thumb, it's really not a good idea to berate a player from the stands, especially when it's someone else's kid. Surely we can agree with that.

Also, I get tired of the hypocrisy I see when players are discussed. I have personally read statements by coaches on here who blame a loss on the inability to motivate kids week in and week out because, after all, they are 16- and 17-year old kids. However, when one of them gets caught up in the moment and makes an emotional mistake, I've seen people say that they are 16- and 17-year olds, which means that they are very close to adulthood. Depends upon whose point of view it is, I suppose. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have a few questions ...what did #7 do to get ejected I thought maybe he got an unsportsman like penalty for hitting a man that was down but it wasnt worth the ejection...secondly what year is this kid he is a GREAT looking athlete...if he is not a SR and most of these posters are right about him then he needs the football team a lot more than what most people realize football could be the only thing keeping him in school so please keep those thoughts in mind when u talk about kicking a kid off a team ...my last question is what bad calls are yall refferring too I know on the dekalb side there were a few spots giving Mcminn a first down that their fans didnt like but i didnt see anything overall to where it was just a bad call

NOW ON TO THE GAME....unfotunatly i could not leave as soon as i wanted to so i only saw the second half (about a min of 1st half)and it was a well fought game by both teams to start the 3rd Central ran the ball getting 7-9 yards on first down but then stalled about on Dekalbs 30 yard line then they hold dekalb to a 3 and out and dekalb punts to them so central had great feild position and was not able to capatolize infact they went for it on 4th and 1 or 2 and didnt make it giving Dekalb the ball near mid feild(would have punted there and try to pin them deep but i dont know the teams that well )I went to see the Poteete family and as always it was great to see them Hunter can really throw that ball the first TD pass in the second half was a screen pass and it was right on the money and the RB did a great job of turning it up and getting in the end zone (harder pass than what people give credit for) I am really proud of Hunter hr bounced back from 3 INT in the first half and took good care of the ball in the second half ...I was also impressed with when Dekalb got the ball with about 4 or 5 minutes to go they got possesion and really worked the clock and finished the drive with a TD and that is a sign of a good football team

I was also surprised at the size of Centrals team they had some big kids out there

It is my understanding that this was Dekalbs first ever playoff win so BIG CONGRATS TO YALL I am proud that Justin and Hunter was a part of that team to make it happen ENJOY the weekend but on monday get back to work and win the next game

CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS

Let's talk about the game......riverdaleman???? Did you get to go? How did the Tigers get it done tonight?

YOU JUST BEAT ME lol

Yes, there were some bad calls, but as you said they have to learn to overcome them and not lose their composure. the referees didn't beat Central....a better prepared team did. And I certainly don't agree with one of those 4th down attempts.......especially running the same QB sneak? Our offense totally tanked after the Polk game!

I said it before the seaon started, and maintained it all season long, and I'll continue saying that our weak schedule kills us. Central isn't prepared to play against a solid, fundamentally sound, skilled team because they don't see any during the regular season. Note that Region 3 champion Howard got drilled at home tonight by the #4 team from Region 4. Last year's Region 3 champion Central team lost to the #4 team from region 4. Year before last Region 3 champion Meigs team lost to the #4 team from Region 4. Notice a trend there? If that doesn't send a message to our Region 3 coaches, I don't know what will. Padding your won/loss stats with patsies will do you no good when the playoffs get here.

Why don't they play McMinn County?

I have a few questions ...what did #7 do to get ejected I thought maybe he got an unsportsman like penalty for hitting a man that was down but it wasnt worth the ejection...secondly what year is this kid he is a GREAT looking athlete...if he is not a SR and most of these posters are right about him then he needs the football team a lot more than what most people realize football could be the only thing keeping him in school so please keep those thoughts in mind when u talk about kicking a kid off a team ...my last question is what bad calls are yall refferring too I know on the dekalb side there were a few spots giving Mcminn a first down that their fans didnt like but i didnt see anything overall to where it was just a bad call

NOW ON TO THE GAME....unfotunatly i could not leave as soon as i wanted to so i only saw the second half (about a min of 1st half)and it was a well fought game by both teams to start the 3rd Central ran the ball getting 7-9 yards on first down but then stalled about on Dekalbs 30 yard line then they hold dekalb to a 3 and out and dekalb punts to them so central had great feild position and was not able to capatolize infact they went for it on 4th and 1 or 2 and didnt make it giving Dekalb the ball near mid feild(would have punted there and try to pin them deep but i dont know the teams that well )I went to see the Poteete family and as always it was great to see them Hunter can really throw that ball the first TD pass in the second half was a screen pass and it was right on the money and the RB did a great job of turning it up and getting in the end zone (harder pass than what people give credit for) I am really proud of Hunter hr bounced back from 3 INT in the first half and took good care of the ball in the second half ...I was also impressed with when Dekalb got the ball with about 4 or 5 minutes to go they got possesion and really worked the clock and finished the drive with a TD and that is a sign of a good football team

I was also surprised at the size of Centrals team they had some big kids out there

It is my understanding that this was Dekalbs first ever playoff win so BIG CONGRATS TO YALL I am proud that Justin and Hunter was a part of that team to make it happen ENJOY the weekend but on monday get back to work and win the next game

CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS

YOU JUST BEAT ME lol

wow could not have said it any better , there were no bad calls that cost anyone a game. Dekalb was the smaller and less athletic of the two teams but sometimes you can overcome that when your playing at home!!!! O, Im sorry we drove 3 hours to be the louder crowd and see our team play their hearts out. Great job guys. Coaches from Dekalb deserve lots of credit also because we were better conditioned in the 4th Qtr and definately more poised. Great job Dekalb county Players , Coaches , Cheerleaders , and Fans . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

wow could not have said it any better , there were no bad calls that cost anyone a game. Dekalb was the smaller and less athletic of the two teams but sometimes you can overcome that when your playing at home!!!! O, Im sorry we drove 3 hours to be the louder crowd and see our team play their hearts out. Great job guys. Coaches from Dekalb deserve lots of credit also because we were better conditioned in the 4th Qtr and definately more poised. Great job Dekalb county Players , Coaches , Cheerleaders , and Fans . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was at the game tonight, dekalb seemed to have a good game plan and stuck with it. Their defense held tough and they were a hard hitting team. Who is that Chris Odom, I think he was #54, seemed like I heard his name called for a tackles more than anyone else.

Really weird to say but... I agree with WreckingCrew. His actions were not just a spur of the moment, once in a lifetime act. Its been a reoccuring problem throughout the years (his temper). Central IS a good team, but at some point you gotta realize whats more important, teaching these kids by example or winning. I hope this is taken care of, not saying kicked off or anything but an attitude adjustment is way overdue.

Good Luck Central next year, as well as all 3-3A