DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a Meigs fan you sure are doing a lot of fine people in Meigs county very wrong. I don't know any Meigs fans that would be that classless. Sometimes in life people will do what is best for them. I for one don't have any problem with a young man trying to do what is best for HIM. Have you ever changed jobs? If you work. I hope you never get injured on your job and people have the chance to be classless about it. If the young man Mr Rayl was exposed to the likes of you in Meigs County then there is no wonder he transfered. Hide behind a computer and criticize a young man that is injured. Wooo you are a big man!

It had been stated twice that he was not from Meigs. Dont get this "HIM" thing started again because you know absolutely nothing about the situation. Mr Rayl was never exposed to the likes of him at Meigs. Nobody here wants to see him get hurt. Although we dont agree with his betrayal, he still has friends here. You would have a problem if your best player left and went to Sweetwater.

I was one of those fans. We have great fans and very supportive ones, and yes loud in deed. I think I'm going hoarse.

o so was i!! i was standing by the fence the entire game and was 1 of them many many students that rushed the field.

as a senior at dchs i am very proud of our team and coaches and will bring down the posts next week!

It had been stated twice that he was not from Meigs. Dont get this "HIM" thing started again because you know absolutely nothing about the situation. Mr Rayl was never exposed to the likes of him at Meigs. Nobody here wants to see him get hurt. Although we dont agree with his betrayal, he still has friends here. You would have a problem if your best player left and went to Sweetwater.

Based on my many friend in Meigs County, I don't know of ANYONE there who would have stated that about Mr. Rayl. I was probably more critical of Mr. Rayl transferring to Central than anyone (which I don't comment on any more) and yet he helped our team! I think a lot of Meigs people were truly hurt over him choosing to transfer to their biggest rival, Central, because of the Rayl family tradition at Meigs, and the hope he brought to the athletic programs. From everything I've heard, all is pretty much well now between Mr. Rayl and his friends at Meigs. I'm sure that like everywhere else, you'll still have some ignorant people who takes it personal. I don't think this idiot who posted that about him is a Meigs fan.

hey, commend those boy's who tried to stop him from leaving, shows most of the team has some class. Could not figure out why not even one coach attemped to go over and cool the kid down. Coaches????????????????????????????

Normally a coach will address you as your coming off the field and tell you to sit down and cool off. I don't know how severe of a tongue lashing he took when he came off the field, or if the coach said much at all. Part of a coach's success is knowing the psyche' of each player. Some players respond well to a chewing out, and others takes it personal and never learn anything. I haven't talked to any Central coaches yet, so I don't know the whole story. Even if a player is angry, you try to diffuse the situation as best you can, while trying to get your message across to him. There's a fine line there and a good coach will recognize it.

Naturally, the coaches wanted to get back to coaching the game - which was still winnable at that time - and probably didn't think the player needed a babysitter. Not making excuses at all, and I truly believe if the coaches knew beforehand what the player was going to do, they would have certainly handled it differently.

The Central program was damaged tonight and they deserve better than what Mr. Moss showed tonight on the sidelines and in the stands. No one person is bigger or more important than the team, regardless of their talent or ability.

Unsportman like penalties have happened all season with several players on this team. If these penalties are not wanted in a playoff game, they must be addressed all season long. Have they been? I don't know, but apparently not well enough to keep them from reoccuring. Last night, #7 was back in the game in the same series of his first usl penalty. He was ejection because he commited a second usl penalty. He committed them and was penalized and ejected by rule. Several fans expressed their frustration towards him as he walked off the field. He was on the sidelines in full uniform after the ejection when one fan couldn't let it go and continued to yell things at the player. That's when the player retaliated by going to locker room, changed clothes, and came out to comfront the fan. This was a bad and embarrasing situation for the school, but the blame isn't all on this kid. This situation came from lack of discipline from coaches all season, lack of maturity and team respect from a player, and lack of maturity and support from an adult fan. Hopefully, this is a lesson learned for all involved. Congrats on a good season and looking foward to another one in 09.

As u watched the game i was impressed with Central I did not see all the lack of discipline that yall are talking about from the players I saw #7 play hard and i also saw him trying to make plays unfortunatly he got called for the unsportsmanlike penallities which led to his ejection I did not see him throwing punches or anything like that on the feild...the sidelines is a different story you have a 16-18 year old kid out there battling for his team doing everything he can to help his team win he then gets ejected and then has to listent o a fan in the stands? I do not know about all of you but that was not the time for the fans to "address" this issue with that player at least wait til after the game and let him cool off a little before you attack again...also if he was ejected by rule he has to leave the bench area as well so he had to go to the locker room...but for real let the player cool down from a highly emotional situation beore his own fans attack him.

just my 2 cents from the outside looking in...

This was well played second half by both teams Dekalb was just able to finish their drives to take the win

As u watched the game i was impressed with Central I did not see all the lack of discipline that yall are talking about from the players I saw #7 play hard and i also saw him trying to make plays unfortunatly he got called for the unsportsmanlike penallities which led to his ejection I did not see him throwing punches or anything like that on the feild...the sidelines is a different story you have a 16-18 year old kid out there battling for his team doing everything he can to help his team win he then gets ejected and then has to listent o a fan in the stands? I do not know about all of you but that was not the time for the fans to "address" this issue with that player at least wait til after the game and let him cool off a little before you attack again...also if he was ejected by rule he has to leave the bench area as well so he had to go to the locker room...but for real let the player cool down from a highly emotional situation beore his own fans attack him.

just my 2 cents from the outside looking in...

This was well played second half by both teams Dekalb was just able to finish their drives to take the win

I believe next years team for Central will know how to control there action on the sidelines. I still believe a coach on the team needed to meet with him as he was coming of the field, believe me. They seem to have more than I can remember from years past. [coaches that is] Your students deserved to run out onto the field after the game. By your past records, enjoy it why you can. Central has had many losing seasons also. Good luck the rest of the way.