Tennessee High vs Morristown West

THSVIKINGS11

Goforth, Fredericks, and Jones is about as good a combination as can be had in NET. The Vikings match them skill for skill. I'll go 22-20 Vikings. Woods has not been replaced at MoWest yet.

Woods hasn't been replaced yet? I thought they hired Lamar Brown as the head coach. If Woods hasn't been replaced, when do you think they will name the new head coach? I have never heard of a school taking this long to make a decision. This has to be unprecedented. This is the first I am hearing this. How in the world did they keep this quiet for so long? Unbelievable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goforth, Fredericks, and Jones is about as good a combination as can be had in NET. The Vikings match them skill for skill. I'll go 22-20 Vikings. Woods has not been replaced at MoWest yet.

hmmm thats an ignorant statement. not taking anything from Don Woods but Morristown West has the same record as last year and they are as close as inches from being 9-1 after last year they got beat 21 0 by a bad science hill team blew it against jeff county got crushed by catholic and lost a close one to greeneville. I also know quite a few of their players who would much rather play for Lamar. you are really gonna see what a job him and his coaches are doing

CALLING ALL PRESENT, PAST, AND FUTURE THS FOOTBALL PLAYERS, FANS, STUDENTS AND ALL OF THE SURROUNDING COMMUNITY: PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!

OUR BOYS HAVE WORKED HARD AND ARE MUCH DESERVING OF YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT DURING THE PLAYOFFS!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Jones at QB is a dual threat. #2 Goforth is a power-type runner and #20 Fredricks is a fast back. #88 McKinney is a threat to score everytime the touches the ball. The Cantwell brothers (#18 Phillip and #28 Michael) each have more than 90 tackles, and #99 Bush is a Divison I caliber defensive end. #98 Smith has stepped up on the defensive line also. #23 Duncan (son of former UT kicker Alan Duncan) is the FG kicker & has a strong leg with a long of 40. #19 Hunsucker is the kickoff man, and he usually puts the ball inside the 5 if not in the endzone.

Sounds good. Does Mo' West still maintain about 100 players or has that number decreased over the past couple of seasons?

Some of the players to look out for from THS are #31 Keenan Shepard, #44 Bradley Tallman, #10 John Ellis Davis, #23 Mark Fletcher, and #39 Matt McClellan . Tennessee High is multi-dimensional on offense, however, if their running game isn't working they struggle. Shepard will probably get 25 carries regardless.

Cap, it's been fun on the South thread, but we need you to chime in over here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds good. Does Mo' West still maintain about 100 players or has that number decreased over the past couple of seasons?

Some of the players to look out for from THS are #31 Keenan Shepard, #44 Bradley Tallman, #10 John Ellis Davis, #23 Mark Fletcher, and #39 Matt McClellan . Tennessee High is multi-dimensional on offense, however, if their running game isn't working they struggle. Shepard will probably get 25 carries regardless.

Cap, it's been fun on the South thread, but we need you to chime in over here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MoWest has over 100, somewhere between 105 and 110

A south fan here, i guess the name gives it away... Not a whole lotta action on the cherokee/south thread.. This should be the best game in the area this week. The top three in the 5 rivers are tough squads. Mo West is always physical but so is THS. The Stone Castle is one of the best atmospheres around, send the trojans home for season! Would love to see a potential MLC championship rematch in the 3rd round at Death Valley. I'm pulling for the vikes, got to have conference loyalties until we see you again. Good luck,THS 24 Mo West 21.

I must say....last week was a vey intertaining week on Coach T. Looks like the Vikes had to eat a lot crowe & crowe Sauce. Perhaps there are some that may be attempting to swallow their last bits. I hope it is all gone becaues a big week is comming fast. In retrospect, I felt the Vikings has a great opportunity to be the 08 conference champs. Howerer, once again, South appeared to superior team. This was Validated by the fact that when the final horn sounded they had more points on the board then the Vikings. I say this to say.....the Vikings should not hang their heads. They played very heard and with a lot of heart. In addition, they never gave up. I am disappointed because I came to see a great football game....a game filled with great fundamentals, techniques, execution, and game planning. However, all I got was the same dancer in the same old shoes. The same things that have been displayed all season long. Below is one of my post that I copied over from the Central Game. Please read....The Vikings were beat before they lined up for the first play.....

If you are seeing the games and not merely watching them, there are still some major problems that will be exposed in the very near future. This is what i am seeing: Very little on offense except one observation...alot of receivers running down field wide open. The quarterback does not see the field. He is focusing on one person. If that person is not open, he does not have enough confidence in the O-line to go through the pregression process thus he takes off running leaving receivers wide open. On defense, linebacker play is not up to par.....The inside linebackers are not reading their keys an/or carrying out their responsibilities. They are still reacting late instead of attacking their gaps. Also, they are not getting their pass reads quick enough to get in their drops areas thus allowing for week underneath coverage. Outside linebacker play has been suspect. Thery are not geting in good contain position i.e. keeping their outside shoulder free to push the runner back inside allowing the inside backers to do their job. They are making tackles, however, they are making them down field after they have compensated for the poor technique. And last, the secondary just don't get it. But, I am not going to write these guys off. I hope the light bulb will come on in the very near future.

What do you guys think? I saw the above stated issues consistantly happening all night long. In all fairness, I feel the players need to be put in a situation to be successful, compete and win. I did/do not see this happening. I saw fustrated players playing hard and with a lot of pride with no chance of winning based on preparation. Last, I must give props to the South coaches for a well executed ballgame. This was a well prepared team that followed through on their game plan. I have visions of a big win vs. Morristown East. However, ??????????????