CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA has had an interesting year with lots of injuries (6 starters out midseason) and 3 losses to teams that would beat all 2A teams (except Alcoa).

They are really peaking at the right time with 3 of their injured starters back, some young players really stepping up who were forced into action due to injuries, and making the decision to play 2-3 of their best athletes both ways rather than 2 platooning. ALso, Z Mason has been given the chance to get his hands on the ball more since mid-season and he is a load to defend.

CPA's offensive and defensive schemes make them very tough, and makes up a lot of weaknesses they may have. They are very hard to beat if you haven't played them before because of all the preparation you have to do to figure out all they do. That is the same reason Goodpasture is hard to beat. CPA plays them a lot, knows how to defend and attack them, so they do pretty well hanging with them (and finally beat them this year).

Get ready, HC, to be dazed and confused.

I went to the CPA / GP game. Although they have a very good team I believe that CPA is very beatable. I also do get what is professed as a complex offensive scheme. They fake or give to the running back then run up the middle, throw the fade and on short yardage give it to the giant with speed. Now they are well coached, as is everyone who won their region. If Hickman comes and can drive the football it could be interesting. HC??™s inability to throw the ball could hurt them.

Why is Hickman County playing a PRIVATE school anyway? Hickman County will have to play their best game and have the football Gods on their side to win this game of DIVISION 1 VS DIVISION 2.

It may have something to do with cpa being a DIVISION 1 school!!!!!!!!! Last I checked, cpa doesn't give ANY financial aid to there athletes so they will play DIVISION 1! Get over it.

Send any complaints to Ronnie Carter------

Telephone (615) 889-6740; Fax (615) 889-0544; E-Mail: tssaa@tssaa.org

Office Hours (August - May): Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Central); Friday 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. (Central)

It may have something to do with cpa being a DIVISION 1 school!!!!!!!!! Last I checked, cpa doesn't give ANY financial aid to there athletes so they will play DIVISION 1! Get over it.

Send any complaints to Ronnie Carter------

Telephone (615) 889-6740; Fax (615) 889-0544; E-Mail: tssaa@tssaa.org

Office Hours (August - May): Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Central); Friday 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. (Central)

Well said there, BD. See you Friday. Come on up to the pressbox and say "howdy".