CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

Do you CPA people not understand the disadvantage that a team like Hickman is in? These kids don't live by a D1 facility. They don't have the options of camps in their backyards and probably couldn't afford it anyways. The training they get is from their coaching staff. Call it whinning and crying if you want but all private schools should be together. Go back 10 to 15 years and look at the playoffs and the champions. How many rural schools do you see in the state championships? Not very many. I realize that it is a geographical factor but these kids deserve the exposure that the private schools get. alot of kids slip through the crack and never get a shot at college football while plenty of private school kids that may not be as good but are in the right place with the right connection have that advantage. They should put private schools together and give the rural schools a chance. I'm talking year in and year out.

Oh my: I read this and almost started crying. Sounds like Hickman Co is beat before they get off the bus. I guess they want to just play weak teams all the time. Better step up to the plate on this one HC., and stop whinning. You dont hear Rockwood crying about playing Alcoa every year, and thats a public school that recruits

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my: I read this and almost started crying. Sounds like Hickman Co is beat before they get off the bus. I guess they want to just play weak teams all the time. Better step up to the plate on this one HC., and stop whinning. You dont hear Rockwood crying about playing Alcoa every year, and thats a public school that recruits

Every Public school that doesn't recruit is at a disadvantage thats fact. Whether you call it recruiting or tution assistance its all the same thing. Why will Cpa and DCA and the likes not join DII not that well informed no knock its just a question.

I think that the TSSAA needs to be like every other state and put Private schools with Private schools. Its not fair that they have all that money to burn and play public schools..... thats just my 2 cents New Jersey does that you have a public and private division and the two winners play at the end of the year 2 decide the overall state champ.

On to the game I think the Dawgs are out to prove that last year was no fluke and we are looking for a statement game the Dawgs get the job done 21-17 and continue on the way to a rematch with Lewis Co.

Where is dawgballfan and bigdawgstatus? Surely you're not going to let these guys down on your boys this bad!!

whats up PantherFan?! sorry it has been a while since i posted....i tried to start a thread on HC and Richland, but I think i was the only one to post...no interest in that game at all, but that is certainly not the case here....I will have to leave all of the stat talk to my boy BDStatus....he really studies that stuff and does his homework....I can assure you his posts are as statistically correct as anyone on here from anywhere....I have to honestly say that I don't know a whole lot about CPA....obviously they are a very good team, but I certainly don't think they are unbeatable...what most have to realize is that we have not played ONE GAME, read this again all you HC haters (of course not you PantherFan) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONNNNNNNNE GAME this year at full strength....we have played all year long but the last two games without senior Tyler Heymans who is probably our best defensive back besides DJ and Marcus and is probably the best receiver that we have...he has great hands and speed....it goes without saying that we have not had Sowell for a while....Kyle Naive has not been full speed the last couple of games....and I could go on and on....I hope the knowledgable CPA faithful keep running that mouth on here....we all know that those folks think that we will show up in the back of an old pick-up truck with our trusty hound dogs and a piece of straw sticking out of our mouths (sure, some may actually show up that way)....BUT there will be some disappointed folks headed home on Friday night and it is not gonna be those who will be headed west of Nashville....Coach Patterson and his staff have been working overtime this week in practice and his boys will be FULL STRENGTH AND READY....CPA will be the first team this year to see the Dawgs with their best players at all positions....strap it on tight boys, cause it's gonna be a slobber knocker (for you elitists, that means our boys are gonna hit your boys extremely hard, possibly causing the saliva to exit the mouth quickly) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

lets see....Marshall County...Lewis County....yea, I guess those are pretty weak teams....we have only cried twice this year....and it may happen again, but it won't be this Friday....we will bring all the extra Kleenex to give to you /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seems to me Hickman fans need to stop whining and begin getting ready for basketball season. This is the last year you will taste the playoffs for some time. You had a 2 year run with 4A numbers and you made one quarterfinals trip and will have an early 1st round exit. If your coaches would implement a system that complimented your players instead of being one of the most predictable offenses in the state then you may have a chance. CPA will show you guys what good coaching can do. CPA doesn't have the best athletes in the state, but they put their players in the best situation to succeed. Something Hickman has not done this season compared to last season.

CPA by 17.

hope that helps you sleep better tonight....you will see good coaching on Friday night but it will be on the side of the RED AND BLACK!

Every Public school that doesn't recruit is at a disadvantage thats fact. Whether you call it recruiting or tution assistance its all the same thing. Why will Cpa and DCA and the likes not join DII not that well informed no knock its just a question.

Public schools call it "transferring." Private schools recuit every student that comes to that school. and except for very few exceptions the majorty are "recruited" in kindergarten..........

whats up PantherFan?! sorry it has been a while since i posted....i tried to start a thread on HC and Richland, but I think i was the only one to post...no interest in that game at all, but that is certainly not the case here....I will have to leave all of the stat talk to my boy BDStatus....he really studies that stuff and does his homework....I can assure you his posts are as statistically correct as anyone on here from anywhere....I have to honestly say that I don't know a whole lot about CPA....obviously they are a very good team, but I certainly don't think they are unbeatable...what most have to realize is that we have not played ONE GAME, read this again all you HC haters (of course not you PantherFan) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONNNNNNNNE GAME this year at full strength....we have played all year long but the last two games without senior Tyler Heymans who is probably our best defensive back besides DJ and Marcus and is probably the best receiver that we have...he has great hands and speed....it goes without saying that we have not had Sowell for a while....Kyle Naive has not been full speed the last couple of games....and I could go on and on....I hope the knowledgable CPA faithful keep running that mouth on here....we all know that those folks think that we will show up in the back of an old pick-up truck with our trusty hound dogs and a piece of straw sticking out of our mouths (sure, some may actually show up that way)....BUT there will be some disappointed folks headed home on Friday night and it is not gonna be those who will be headed west of Nashville....Coach Patterson and his staff have been working overtime this week in practice and his boys will be FULL STRENGTH AND READY....CPA will be the first team this year to see the Dawgs with their best players at all positions....strap it on tight boys, cause it's gonna be a slobber knocker (for you elitists, that means our boys are gonna hit your boys extremely hard, possibly causing the saliva to exit the mouth quickly) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

* removes straw from mouth* I love reading your posts!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I hope the boys don't read all of these boards and get discouraged-my little...well, er...younger brother seems to have his head screwed on straight at the moment, and I hope that all the rest of them do too. They're gonna head up north with a mission on Friday.

GO DAWGS!!!

WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONNNNNNNNE GAME this year at full strength.

Neither has CPA until this past week.

CPA will be the first team this year to see the Dawgs with their best players at all positions.

Hickman Co. will be the second to see the lions in full strength. Don't think you are the only team that has suffered through injury.

I have seen both teams play and think that they will be very evenly matched. HC can win this game, but they have to play to their strength. HC has more team speed, but not as many playmakers. I read on the boards about the innovative offensive scheme that CPA runs that allows them to maximize their talent. I really didn??™t see anything other than what ?? of the high schools and 2/3??™s or the colleges are running today. They run the spread/gun with a QB who has a decent arm and average running ability. There is no doubt HC QB is the better running between the two. CPA also has an athletic/giant (#85?) that plays wing, WR and running back. They come to the line and ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦ you guess it, they look to the sidelines then everyone looks at an armband then they run the play. They run the fade to #11 or fake (or give) to the running back and the QB keeps it up the middle following lead blockers. If it is short yardage then they have a dazzling play where they give it to the 6??™6??? running back to bull over everyone. And if they are on the goal line they will ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.. right again, lob it up to the big man for the jump ball. On defense they will base out of odd front using. #85 will line up either at nose or MLB (where I think he??™s harder to block). They (like 80% of every other team) will run ?? coverage behind their front. They will either lock up man on the WR with halves deep or bump and run pushing the WR to the outside. The FS??™s do a good job of run support and play pretty physical. The most impressive thing about their defense is how well they run to the football and how good of an athlete #85 is. GP didn??™t have but 1 player that could go the distances on any play and he didn??™t play on offense the 2nd half. HC will have 3 that can go the distance on any given play.

well if no one else has a good perception of how a game can be won, ddaddy has a good idea of what CPA can do. I think the Hickman County coaches will have a good game plan and will match up well against the Lions.

I love to see Hickman County win, every time they do not play Lewis County. They had a hard way to go in years past and they have paid their dues in the years past.

BullDogs- 35

CPA- 32

Maybe the Bulldogs can do their "729 Dance"

I would love to see them in the Panther Den in a couple of weeks.