CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? Goodpasture runs the wing-t. It is not a complex system, just really hard to defend if the offesne has the right personel. The spread offense CPA run is more complex than you put out. They make checks atthe line once they see what they are getting from the defense. Not many 2A teams are doing that. Also I notice they teach their recievers and QBs to read coverages so they have multiple routes they can run. Coach Matthews doesn maximize their talent, unlike Hickman who can only run the ball.

Many schools are running a version of the same offense even 1A teams. Start another thread and ask the question, who is running the spread in 3A, 2A and 1A and see what you get? If you have a decent QB and a few receivers and a coach with a general understanding of it can run it. I bet if you asked your coach he would say that he is not happy with the lack of a rushing threat. The running game should be a vital part of the offense and in this case it is not. CPA has rushed for less than 100 yds in ?? of their games. Heck, CPA has only had 3 impressive passing game this year (ECS, Ensworth and Riverside Christian).Unlike HC who can only run the ball CPA can only throw the ball. I bet if you matched HC total rushing yards to CPA??™s total passing yds. HC would have more. As far as ???reading the coverage??? here it is; if the receiver has man coverage he runs a take off and if the DB is back off he runs an out or a hook. Checking at the line for mismatches is not something new. Running teams do it all the time as well. Hey, it??™s a good system NO DOUBT! So is GP version of the wing-t, after all how many times have you guys beaten those guys?

Are you kidding me? Goodpasture runs the wing-t. It is not a complex system, just really hard to defend if the offesne has the right personel. The spread offense CPA run is more complex than you put out. They make checks atthe line once they see what they are getting from the defense. Not many 2A teams are doing that. Also I notice they teach their recievers and QBs to read coverages so they have multiple routes they can run. Coach Matthews doesn maximize their talent, unlike Hickman who can only run the ball.

you shouldnt smoke crack before you get on here!!! beacause it shows your stupidity if u think the spread offence is more "complex" than the wing-t. and ddaddy has forgot more about the great game of football than you will ever know!!!

Hahahah all this talk about HC outcoaching CPA is just ridiculous! This one should be a blowout for CPA! GO LIONS!

I don't recall anyone saying anything about out coaching. The conversation started because of CPA4ever's belief that their coaches are superior in the scheme that they run to everyone else.

"only run the ball"......evidently you didn't see our last couple of games....that's OK....keep it up, then maybe CPA will just put everybody in the box....then we will see if we can pass or not /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don't recall anyone saying anything about out coaching. The conversation started because of CPA4ever's belief that their coaches are superior in the scheme that they run to everyone else.

If you are going to post on CoachT and refer to what someone else says, be accurate: Here was my quote from my earlier post:

"CPA's offensive and defensive schemes make them very tough, and makes up a lot of weaknesses they may have. They are very hard to beat if you haven't played them before because of all the preparation you have to do to figure out all they do. That is the same reason Goodpasture is hard to beat. CPA plays them a lot, knows how to defend and attack them, so they do pretty well hanging with them (and finally beat them this year).

Get ready, HC, to be dazed and confused."

I DID NOT SAY CPA coaches are superior to everyone else. READ MY POST! I said they are hard to prepare for, but I did not say it was impossible or that HC could not do it. I stand by my post because it is true, and CPA and GP have proved it when they have played other 2A teams. They are both hard to prepare for and defend - the results of the past speak for themselves.

Actually CPA does not have all their players healthy. They have two kids that had season ending injuries before the season ever started and lost another for the year in the second game. All three played in the offensive backfield. Everybody else that had injuries has returned and are healthy.

If you are going to post on CoachT and refer to what someone else says, be accurate: Here was my quote from my earlier post:

"CPA's offensive and defensive schemes make them very tough, and makes up a lot of weaknesses they may have. They are very hard to beat if you haven't played them before because of all the preparation you have to do to figure out all they do. That is the same reason Goodpasture is hard to beat. CPA plays them a lot, knows how to defend and attack them, so they do pretty well hanging with them (and finally beat them this year).

Get ready, HC, to be dazed and confused."

I DID NOT SAY CPA coaches are superior to everyone else. READ MY POST! I said they are hard to prepare for, but I did not say it was impossible or that HC could not do it. I stand by my post because it is true, and CPA and GP have proved it when they have played other 2A teams. They are both hard to prepare for and defend - the results of the past speak for themselves.

YOU??™RE WORDS WERE ???But why can they run the schemes? Because of good coaching, which is exactly my point.??? Sounds like other schools can??™t run the same schemes as CPA because of inferior coaching

YOU??™RE WORDS WERE My original point was that it is not the athletes, it is the programs, primarily coaching. Same point as before here!

YOU??™RE WORDS WERE If you say (2), you are agreeing with my point that coaching and other factors make a difference rather than just athletes.

MY WORDS:You have pointed to better coaching as being a factor to your success on several occasions. Given your statements I can only assume that you believe what you write. Or maybe, just maybe, you realize that the world is not private.

you shouldnt smoke crack before you get on here!!! beacause it shows your stupidity if u think the spread offence is more "complex" than the wing-t. and ddaddy has forgot more about the great game of football than you will ever know!!!

Young man, you are mistaken me for a youngster. I just retired from football in Missouri where I was a coach for over 35 years. I will tell you my knowledge of the game is just as good as anyone's on this board. The Wing-T is a very simple offense that takes alot of practice to perfect. In the wing T you have 5 basic plays you run over and over(Jet, Buck, Trap, Scissors, and Dive). Not many wing-t teams can pass the ball, hence why they run the wing t system. The spread offense is alot more complex, especially the way CPA runs it. But you will be surprised Friday night by how Hickman Co. gets outcoached.

Young man, you are mistaken me for a youngster. I just retired from football in Missouri where I was a coach for over 35 years. I will tell you my knowledge of the game is just as good as anyone's on this board. The Wing-T is a very simple offense that takes alot of practice to perfect. In the wing T you have 5 basic plays you run over and over(Jet, Buck, Trap, Scissors, and Dive). Not many wing-t teams can pass the ball, hence why they run the wing t system. The spread offense is alot more complex, especially the way CPA runs it. But you will be surprised Friday night by how Hickman Co. gets outcoached.

Pretty impressive old timer! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let??™s not forget the belly/belly opt., midline, down, two back dive. And several play action passes such as the belly pass, waggle pass. Not to mention the drop back series of slants, hots, screens and combination patterns etc??¦ Many don??™t throw because they don??™t have to. It??™s a mismatch offense as well. If someone loads up in one area you attack another.

congratulations on your stellar 35 year coaching career in Missouri (that hotbed of high school football)....I must also say the way you spit out that football terminology is quite impressive....sounds like you are quite the legend in your own mind ("my knowledge of the game is just as good as anyone's on this board").....I suppose you have followed HC football very closely this year and have watched Coach Patterson lead this team or else I don't know how you could assume that he will get outcoached tomorrow night....you could own a mexican restaurant for 35 years but that does not mean that you will know how to make the best burrito.....I hear the big orange team to the east is looking for a new coach....maybe you should apply /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />