HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

Any word on what Coach Rewis will do next. He is a good man.

from what i understand he is considering trying to get on at maryville college as an assisstant. he was offered a job there 3 years ago and is wanting to see if the offer is still there, but if not i expect him to stay in the area and coach. he loves east tn, and the people here.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wilhite does get offered the job (just speculation) he would be a great fit for Heritage. He is young and would have the ability to really invest time in the program. He is a great coach that had a run of bad luck this year, he made the best of what he had. I would love to see Heritage get a coach that could breath new life into the program - they have the students to play - they just need someone to convince them that they can play.

living outside of maryville does not give me all the info to discuss this matter but looking back on earlier post and adding 2 + 2 is coach wilhite not an assistant at william blount. Has he been let go by coach Meadows or what is going on down at william blount.

It is my understanding that Coach Wilhite will be the defensive coordinator at WB next year. But if an opportunity to be a head coach came around I wouldn't blame him for taking it if that's what he wants..

tpoole12

It is my understanding that Coach Wilhite will be the defensive coordinator at WB next year. But if an opportunity to be a head coach came around I wouldn't blame him for taking it if that's what he wants..

tpoole12

If coach wilhite learned anything from this past year, he will pick his spot a little better for his next head coaching offer. wb was a tough job this year for anybody, and the injuries only made it harder having such a young team. heritage is a tough place to win on a regular basis, but they still should be able to grind out 3 or 4 wins per year. bradley central , mcminn , seymour ,those have been teams with better coaching you can win. I would like to see wilhite focus on the d again at wb. that is his strength. and when another head job is offered in the future pick a better spot.

If coach wilhite learned anything from this past year, he will pick his spot a little better for his next head coaching offer. wb was a tough job this year for anybody, and the injuries only made it harder having such a young team.. I would like to see wilhite focus on the d again at wb. that is his strength. and when another head job is offered in the future pick a better spot.

I agree... He had a "tough row to hoe" at WB this year.. The loss of 26 seniors and the injuries made it tougher than usual for any program.. I to hope he stays at WB.. He's a great guy, cares about the players and works hard...

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Anyone on staff interested in the job? How about Jed West?

I think Jed enjoys baseball to much to put in the amount of time it would take to be the head football caoch. He is a great coach and the kids really respect him and play hard for him. I do hope he stays on staff next year, but I don't think it will be as the head man.

I did hear that they would have someone in place by Christmas break. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />