District 14A the best in the State in Single A?

volfan007

Hey BigDaddy. The ladies are doing pretty good. But weak district play is coming up, so their going to be sliding in Strength+Success. We going to get to see you again this year?

Senator, some folks just keep looking for "hanging chads". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks thug dadi Now I can understand that math not the fiticious numbers some are puting on here thats no where close to right as far as I know Clarkrange or Jackson county does not play any 1a schools except district games except Oliver Springs who is one of the elite teams in state.JC I know plays aa and aaa schedule including upperman, Livingston, cookeville, shelbyville,station camp and riverdale this year so don't go there to say anybody in 14a plays as tough a schedule as these two schools.

u all said that 14a was down last year and bradford showed u how down we were. u know and i know that bradford was just as good as jcounty or crange last year. go play your weak teams from 7a.

Hey BigDaddy. The ladies are doing pretty good. But weak district play is coming up, so their going to be sliding in Strength+Success. We going to get to see you again this year?

some folks just keep looking for "hanging chads". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hey thug, can u speak english.

u all said that 14a was down last year and bradford showed u how down we were. u know and i know that bradford was just as good as jcounty or crange last year. go play your weak teams from 7a.

hey thug, can u speak english.

... a yeah. Can you add 2+2??? Strength+Success is a comparison of an opponents success added to your teams success. The fact that 7A is higher in the Strength+Success then 14A is a pretty simple look at who's winning their games and who's playing teams with a better winning record. If your going to get into a battle of wits, you may want to improve your ammo.

WestTNBall,

Good points. I figured that that was what was happening with Thug Dadi's stats. I knew that a lot of the District 14A schools had played a lot of AA and AAA teams...and played them close, if not beat them. Thanks for bringing in the truth to the stats.

Invincible, I keep hearing that Coach Frazier might call it quits after his daughter graduates. Do you know anything about that? If he goes, then Gleason has troubles. It will be very hard to find another Coach like Coach Frazier. Also, about yall moving to District 13A, all I was trying to say was that yall will be salivating about all the wins and district titles that are coming your way. Yall should win a bunch of games over there. I mean, McKenzie is the best team in 13A right now, and 14A's 9th place team, South Fulton, beat them the other night. Of course, the only problem with being in a weak district is that your girls might start playing down to their level, and then when you get into regionals and sub state games, it might hurt yall then. Anyway, if yall dont want to win games, or dont thinking that winning district titles are not that important...well, send them Greenfield's way. We like winning.....games, district titles, regional tourneys, state tourney games, whatever...we'll take it.

Well, I think that alot of people in Gleason expect he will leave when his twins graduate as well, but I don't know anything reliable about that subject. If Coach Frazier plans to leave i doubt he will let anyone know that. We are just thankful he has stayed this long, because I thought he would leave a long time ago. I agree that Gleason will have troubles. It is hard to compete with no athletes or talent,(which Gleason rarely has) plus no coach. In addition, our school will lose a great principal!

As far as us moving to 13A, yes we will win ball games, but we won't be battle tested come tournament time. We aren't jumping up and down about moving to the weaker district like everyone thinks we are... it has pros and cons. I think we are most excited about making no more trips to Halls, Lake County, Humbolt, etc.

It's not that we don't want to win district titles, but in Gleason we don't place too much importance on the district title. It's nice to win it, but we worry more about winning the games that get you to sub-state and then the sub-state game itself!

Another sports site compares districts to each other in each individual state. It takes the average rating of each team in the district. In it, 7-A is 7th in the state overall, 14-A, 20th.

Hey, Indian. Is that all teams, A AA and AAA, together, or is that just the ratings for A seperately? I'd think that those ratings would be all teams.

Another sports site compares districts to each other in each individual state. It takes the average rating of each team in the district. In it, 7-A is 7th in the state overall, 14-A, 20th.

What is this sport site? How much do they really know about each district ?Where are they located?

Senator, some folks just keep looking for "hanging chads". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck thru the districts, like you need it....Yeah i hope to get to see you, preferably in the boro. If before, I hope its North of Athens!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> But the way its going, I don't know where we'll be by then. Maybe we can get it together. Good luck again because you all are definately one of my favorites /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !

thanks thug dadi Now I can understand that math not the fiticious numbers some are puting on here thats no where close to right as far as I know Clarkrange or Jackson county does not play any 1a schools except district games except Oliver Springs who is one of the elite teams in state.JC I know plays aa and aaa schedule including upperman, Livingston, cookeville, shelbyville,station camp and riverdale this year so don't go there to say anybody in 14a plays as tough a schedule as these two schools.

Senator,

Since this discussion started, you seem to be stuck on "these 2 schools". Anyone with a brain will acknowledge that Clarkrange and JC are the best 2 teams in the state. Hands down!!! If someone disagrees with that, they are not an objective person. Do you think that your 6th team could beat our #1 team. Because in District 14 that's the way it is. Our #8 could beat our #1. That's how deep we are. That's what we are saying.

Senator,

Since this discussion started, you seem to be stuck on "these 2 schools". Anyone with a brain will acknowledge that Clarkrange and JC are the best 2 teams in the state. Hands down!!! If someone disagrees with that, they are not an objective person. Do you think that your 6th team could beat our #1 team. Because in District 14 that's the way it is. Our #8 could beat our #1. That's how deep we are. That's what we are saying.

I say that pickett, clay and rbs can defeat your teams that are under your top 2 and since you reconise the two best teams already my belief is that makes 7a stronger. Be totally unbias and check the ratings of each school of both districts in the games of who they play and see what average of strenght is.I don't know how it will come out but I am bias to our district and I believe you are to yours but I also know we often barely beat these teams and sometimes they beat us in 7a but usally we have easier times with schools outside our district.Good luck to 14a teams and bring it to the boro and thats how it will have to be settled for us to agree.

I say that pickett, clay and rbs can defeat your teams that are under your top 2 and since you reconise the two best teams already my belief is that makes 7a stronger. Be totally unbias and check the ratings of each school of both districts in the games of who they play and see what average of strenght is.I don't know how it will come out but I am bias to our district and I believe you are to yours but I also know we often barely beat these teams and sometimes they beat us in 7a but usally we have easier times with schools outside our district.Good luck to 14a teams and bring it to the boro and thats how it will have to be settled for us to agree.

My unbiased objective opinion is that if these 2 districts were put together, Clarkrange and JC would be 1 and 2. There would be a small drop off to 3 and 4. There you would find Bradford and Humboldt. I would probably take our 3rd team over the rest of your district.