District 14A...the best in the state?

volfan007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen us play thursday..Charles and Tevin started at the 3 and 4 and didn't bring the ball up at first..Joe Gordon did that..but once they took him out and brought Brooks in..Wade did it a couple of times then Charles did and Tevin did it a couple of times too so it looked like we were just trying ppl out..and another thing..we pressed & trapped most of the game..we usually play a 2-3 zone but we didn't Thursday..we have Milan tomorrow night...easy win right?

I thought Dyersburg was supposed to be an easy win? You would think this would be an easy win, but Idk which Humboldt team is going to show up. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just pay close attention, he has already played for them this year, not impressive.

Also, attitude will show, I can assure you.

He was so overweight when he started, was worked and pushed hard and did really make progress.

Just not anything to write home about.

I won't say more, you will see!

I saw Cedric play several times while he was at Halls and he got better the more playing time he got...I've also seen him with Dyer Co and he has trimmed down and he will be the player they need to help take the place of J.K. and Dejuan...Cedric has better players around him at Dyer Co in C.J and Rex Pierce etc...All Dyer Co really needs from that spot is for Cedric to maybe get about 10 points a game..block a few shots or at least challenge shots and maybe grab about 10 boards or more each game..I believe he'll do that and maybe more..And he's just a junior..He doesn't have to be the player at Dyer Co like Russel Avery does at Lake Co..Just be a good player on a very good ball club and he will be that !

I saw Cedric play several times while he was at Halls and he got better the more playing time he got...I've also seen him with Dyer Co and he has trimmed down and he will be the player they need to help take the place of J.K. and Dejuan...Cedric has better players around him at Dyer Co in C.J and Rex Pierce etc...All Dyer Co really needs from that spot is for Cedric to maybe get about 10 points a game..block a few shots or at least challenge shots and maybe grab about 10 boards or more each game..I believe he'll do that and maybe more..And he's just a junior..He doesn't have to be the player at Dyer Co like Russel Avery does at Lake Co..Just be a good player on a very good ball club and he will be that !

Lake County looked very good at time friday night with some guys i've didnt count on at the first of the season. With russel being the most dominate player in the district. I've thought humboldt would be the favorite but i think lake county is goin to win the district. I'm not goin to say this is the best team lc has ever put on the floor but it might be the deepest that is put together yet. Along with the 5 players that started against middle college and the freshman that first came off the bench, i think you have to consider Patrick, dominic, carlos, raphel, josh, ricky, and rogers. Ricky might grow as the season goes. He is about 6'1 now. He look alot like russel when he was a fresman. All of these guy wont play but i think that some have a real chance to make a deference in alot of games.

I seen us play thursday..Charles and Tevin started at the 3 and 4 and didn't bring the ball up at first..Joe Gordon did that..but once they took him out and brought Brooks in..Wade did it a couple of times then Charles did and Tevin did it a couple of times too so it looked like we were just trying ppl out..and another thing..we pressed & trapped most of the game..we usually play a 2-3 zone but we didn't Thursday..we have Milan tomorrow night...easy win right?

in five years i have seen humboldt run a 2-3 zone about twice. their main defense is that 1-2-2 half court trap. they also tried to run man some but usually get eaten alive in that!

The 1-2-2 was the defense they went to in 2006 to slow UC down.You are right about the 1-2-2 is their bread and butter defense.

I've never understood why Humboldt didn't press teams in the full court a little more...We have the athletes to do it, not to mention a lot of long arms...

When we played them it was a poor version of a 1-2-2 or 3-2 half court trap. They are big and strong but when they play against good teams they usually fold. No real glory in beating the bottom of the district by 40 then losing games at state that you should dominate. If the right attitude and coach ever got to Humboldt look out!

When we played them it was a poor version of a 1-2-2 or 3-2 half court trap. They are big and strong but when they play against good teams they usually fold. No real glory in beating the bottom of the district by 40 then losing games at state that you should dominate. If the right attitude and coach ever got to Humboldt look out!

Attitude is all there...horrible coaching is the problem.