Best player in 14a?

Humboldt58

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Humboldt's starting line up;AND ALL HEIGHTS ARE LEGITIMATE

Point Gaurd-Charles Taylor 6'6 (can take it to the front off the rim and dunk on you)

Wing-Rashad Wade 6'0 (best 3 point shooter we've ever had.)

Wing-Tevin Crayton 6'6 (lean mean scoring machine)

Forward-Darren Dunbar 6'4 (nice lefty stroke)

Forward-Jarvis Porter 6'3 (nice moves in the paint)

Point Gaurd-Charles Taylor 6'6 (can take it to the front off the rim and dunk on you)

charles is good...but not point guard good...he can dribble the ball and drive, but he cannot get through the press if we need him to...i see joseph starting at guard, then rashad at the 2, charles at the 3, jarvis at the 4, and tevin at the 5...with dunbar, deandre perry, and quan coming off of the bench...and IDK if rashad got on miracle grow or something, but the last time I saw him he was about 5'9, 5'10 at the most...the other heights are right

charles is good...but not point guard good...he can dribble the ball and drive, but he cannot get through the press if we need him to...i see joseph starting at guard, then rashad at the 2, charles at the 3, jarvis at the 4, and tevin at the 5...with dunbar, deandre perry, and quan coming off of the bench...and IDK if rashad got on miracle grow or something, but the last time I saw him he was about 5'9, 5'10 at the most...the other heights are right

Frankie..I tend to agree with you..I believe Taylor would be better somewhere else just as Avery should be down low for Lake Co and putting up shots for Lake Co..Making easy baskets and with those long arms drawing fouls...Taylor may light us up this year but in every game I've seen..he hasn't done much..It was Epperson getting rebounds and stick backs and Cordero Wade and Hunt doing the damage...Hard to believe that one player that Humboldt named as being the best shooter that Humboldt has ever had..I thought Toylon Smith was pretty darn good myself..!But he knows more about Humboldt than me so I'll go with what he says..!

Toylon was more of a PG that penetrated to the basket and through up little float shots. I think the best 3 pt. shooter that I've seen shoot from Humboldt and had some range as well was Joe Shivers! I don't know if Joe went on to play college ball or not, but I know he was VERY good and capable of college ball!

Taylor is good and all, but he's not a guy you want trying to break the press. Surely, Humboldt has a quicker guard that can break the press and bring it up and set up an offense.

hmmmm. Seen humboldt over the weekend and they looked very bad. Lost to Liberty by 20 but the lead before the subs came in was 30 by liberty. And Boliver was up by 15 without chris Reaves. So i think that the heights or over rated if u ask me. Charles is more of a 6'5 and if he can get it to front court( big if by what i seen saturday) he has a hard time even getting it to the rim. Rashad wade didn't impress me any. Tevin Crayton is 6'3 but had the best showing of any of the humboldt players. Darren Dunbar 6'2 didnt know what to do with the ball. Jarvis Porter had a so so two games. The player that impressed me was a short guard off the bench that had a nice stroke. That was one of the only highlights i've seen. I bet that charles taylor had more turnovers than points. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> That isn't good for a player that need to be the focal point of your offence. I don't know what to expected out of humblodt this year. I think that ej will be missed more than humboldt thinks.

By the way saw lake county play gibson county. Lake County had a shortage of players still playing football and lil ron didn't play because of a sholder stinger and still had a impressive 18 point victory. Russel played very well and so did the giles kid. The hacket kid had a good one scoring over 20. Lc will gain more deph soon as football is over. But it could be a few weeks before that will happen. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hmmmm. Seen humboldt over the weekend and they looked very bad. Lost to Liberty by 20 but the lead before the subs came in was 30 by liberty. And Boliver was up by 15 without chris Reaves. So i think that the heights or over rated if u ask me. Charles is more of a 6'5 and if he can get it to front court( big if by what i seen saturday) he has a hard time even getting it to the rim. Rashad wade didn't impress me any. Tevin Crayton is 6'3 but had the best showing of any of the humboldt players. Darren Dunbar 6'2 didnt know what to do with the ball. Jarvis Porter had a so so two games. The player that impressed me was a short guard off the bench that had a nice stroke. That was one of the only highlights i've seen. I bet that charles taylor had more turnovers than points. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> That isn't good for a player that need to be the focal point of your offence. I don't know what to expected out of humblodt this year. I think that ej will be missed more than humboldt thinks.

By the way saw lake county play gibson county. Lake County had a shortage of players still playing football and lil ron didn't play because of a sholder stinger and still had a impressive 18 point victory. Russel played very well and so did the giles kid. The hacket kid had a good one scoring over 20. Lc will gain more deph soon as football is over. But it could be a few weeks before that will happen. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Lake Co fan..doesn't sound too bad without all the football players and Leron not playing either..i'm not familiar at all with the Giles kid..Did he play last year or middle school or is he the big kid that has size kinda like Copeland..Never mind..I believe his name was Pierce..Just can't place him..I thought yall had a kid named Hockett ...Haven't seen him play much though..I've seen Lake Co play several times the past few years and they are impressive..The radio has the Dyersburg Jamboree starting at 3:30 Saturday..Do you have the times and the teams that will be playing who..Does Lake Co play Dyer Co or Dyersburg...I know Millington ,Brighton,and Halls are going to be there..Just was wondering who plays who?

It's still early and Humboldt may be as good as advertised according to most of the Humboldt fans..But I also know you've seen some of the best basketball teams over the years and know talent and like you said..Taylor or Humboldt better get the kinks worked out as far as getting the ball down the floor or it doesn't matter if their players are all 6'8..Coach Whitby told me that this will be the quickest team he's ever had..And with Russel Avery being part of the package..looks pretty good to me this year..!

hmmmm. Seen humboldt over the weekend and they looked very bad. Lost to Liberty by 20 but the lead before the subs came in was 30 by liberty. And Boliver was up by 15 without chris Reaves. So i think that the heights or over rated if u ask me.

Liberty was never up by 30 and Bolivar wasn't up by 15. Humboldt led almost the entire Bolivar game. If you are going to report on something, report facts! I think you have some players confused!

Liberty was never up by 30 and Bolivar wasn't up by 15. Humboldt led almost the entire Bolivar game. If you are going to report on something, report facts! I think you have some players confused!

Even legend said in a post if I'm right that Liberty could have won by about 30 had they chose to do so..Maybe Lakecofalcon should have said 28 or close to 30 points..Lot of hype to live up to being the best team in a decade by a lot of the Viking fans..!

tevin (crayton) is the same height as charles, he might be an inch shorter but not 2...and i always though charles was 6'5, but haven't seen him any since last season so wasn't sure if he grew any more or not...height really doesn't matter in high school basketball though, especially in west tennessee because all we really do is press and use our speed to score (obviously with UC the past years)...i still think charles is immature as a player, but will grow into that player to lead the way...the guard you are probably thinking of is joseph...not sure what his last name is but i played with him at our church a few times and he has good speed to go along with dribbling and a good shot

Toylon was more of a PG that penetrated to the basket and through up little float shots. I think the best 3 pt. shooter that I've seen shoot from Humboldt and had some range as well was Joe Shivers! I don't know if Joe went on to play college ball or not, but I know he was VERY good and capable of college ball!

Taylor is good and all, but he's not a guy you want trying to break the press. Surely, Humboldt has a quicker guard that can break the press and bring it up and set up an offense.

Joe Shivers was also the guy who shattered GC's backboard lol man that was crazy!